PDA

View Full Version : President George H.W. Bush's condition worsens...

marv
12-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Bush spokesman says ex-president's fever rising (http://www.foxsanantonio.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.tx/28c7778b-www.foxsanantonio.com.shtml)

(snip)

A spokesman says the fever that kept former President George H.W. Bush in a Houston hospital over Christmas has worsened, and doctors have put him on a liquids-only diet.

(snip)

Bush's daughter, Dorothy, is to arrive Wednesday in Houston from Bethesda, Md.

Eupher
12-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I read elsewhere that his fever has gotten worse and that the docs have him on Tylenol to lessen the fever. :rolleyes:

I suppose it's possible when you're a former president that they'll park you in a hospital because you're 88 years old and you have a fever, not because you're on your deathbed.

In any event, whatever the truth is, I wish GHWB the very best for a quick recovery. If God intends for him to return home, that's God's will and I hope a painless transition during which he's got family close at hand.

JB
12-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Hopefully he gets to do some BFEE shit for old times sake before he goes. He deserves it.

Odysseus
12-26-2012, 06:15 PM
George HB Bush's handling of Desert Storm was one of the most masterful pieces of diplomatic and military leadership that I've seen in my lifetime. His courage as a Navy fighter pilot during WWII (the youngest pilot of the war) was well-documented. His entire life has been in service to this nation. If it is to end now, it has not been wasted.

Starbuck
12-26-2012, 06:15 PM
I think if GHWB from time to time, and say his name to someone when I do. It's kind of a thing with me; saying someone's name out loud is a compliment.

marv
12-26-2012, 07:30 PM
George HW Bush's handling of Desert Storm was one of the most masterful pieces of diplomatic and military leadership that I've seen in my lifetime. His courage as a Navy fighter pilot during WWII (the youngest pilot of the war) was well-documented. His entire life has been in service to this nation. If it is to end now, it has not been wasted.

I'll add an Amen to that......

Hawkgirl
12-26-2012, 09:02 PM
George HB Bush's handling of Desert Storm was one of the most masterful pieces of diplomatic and military leadership that I've seen in my lifetime. His courage as a Navy fighter pilot during WWII (the youngest pilot of the war) was well-documented. His entire life has been in service to this nation. If it is to end now, it has not been wasted.

:Flag2:

Amen to that as well.

FlaGator
12-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I will be keeping President Bush in my prayers. He was the right guy for the job at the time he was elected.

SarasotaRepub
12-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Hopefully he gets to do some BFEE shit for old times sake before he goes. He deserves it.

Yeah, give Octafish from DU something else to start a CT on...:thumbsup::rotfl:

I hope you recover quickly Mr. President.

SaintLouieWoman
12-26-2012, 10:48 PM
He's an honorable, good man deserving of our love and praise. It was wonderful having a war hero, not a community organizer, as president. Sadly I'm afraid that the current bunch of dems (and some Republicans) can't begin to understand the concept of honor. It's not just an age thing. Jimmy Carter doesn't quite get that honor thing either, that sort of implicit understanding to not stab the succeeding presidents in the back.

Hope he gets better quickly so he can make another parachute jump from an airplane on is birthday. He's quite the man.

Lanie
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Hopefully, he'll recover soon.

Rockntractor
12-27-2012, 12:21 PM
He has been moved into intensive care although that is probably the norm for a president.

Zathras
12-27-2012, 11:53 PM
His courage as a Navy fighter pilot during WWII (the youngest pilot of the war) was well-documented.

Slight error Ody. George H W Bush flew the TBF Avenger torpedo bomber as part of VT-51 off of USS San Jacinto (CVL-30)

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/565/pics/3_6.jpg