PDA

View Full Version : Iran to Citizens: Flee Isfahan

Rockntractor
01-02-2013, 08:37 PM
BY: Adam Kredo
January 2, 2013 12:26 pm

Iranian officials have instructed residents of Isfahan to leave the city, renewing concerns that a nearby nuclear site could be leaking radioactive material.

An edict issued Wednesday by Iranian authorities orders Isfahan’s one-and-a-half million people to leave the city “because pollution has now reached emergency levels,” the BBC reported.

However, outside observers suspect that the evacuation order may corroborate previous reports indicating that a uranium enrichment facility near Isfahan had been leaking radioactive material.

Tehran went to great lengths in December to deny these reports, telling state-run media outlets that “the rumors about leaking and contamination at Isfahan’s [Uranium Conversion Facility] are not true at all.”

November reports indicated that a radioactive leak might have poisoned several workers at the nuclear plant, which converts highly toxic yellowcake uranium into material that could be used in the core of a nuclear weapon.
Read More>http://freebeacon.com/iran-to-citizens-flee-isfahan/

I had to add a little levity to an otherwise dreary news day.

Novaheart
01-02-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm suprised that the Iranian government cares enough about the lives of those people to order an evacuation. I am even more surprised that they haven't blamed it on Israel/USA.

Rockntractor
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm suprised that the Iranian government cares enough about the lives of those people to order an evacuation. I am even more surprised that they haven't blamed it on Israel/USA.

When Israel turned loose the computer virus on them they didn't admit it for quite awhile and when they had the huge explosions not all that long ago they never did admit what happened.
I think Israel is involved in a lot more than we know but Iran doesn't want to admit they have been bested.

Rockntractor
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Okay we lose, Iran is the new Cultural melting pot.

Starbuck
01-03-2013, 01:37 AM
When Israel turned loose the computer virus on them they didn't admit it for quite awhile and when they had the huge explosions not all that long ago they never did admit what happened.
I think Israel is involved in a lot more than we know but Iran doesn't want to admit they have been bested.

Right. And there have been assassinations of high level scientists, too. I am hopeful that the U.S. is behind some of this, but whatever..........it is a good idea.

orders Isfahan’s one-and-a-half million people to leave the city “because pollution has now reached emergency levels,” the BBC reported.

It's the "population's" fault?!
I think things are falling apart over there.:smile-new:

Odysseus
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Right. And there have been assassinations of high level scientists, too. I am hopeful that the U.S. is behind some of this, but whatever..........it is a good idea.

It's the "population's" fault?!
I think things are falling apart over there.:smile-new:

Things have been falling apart there for a while. The economy is a shambles, the government is loathed by a majority of the public and civil disturbances are common (but go unreported in western media). The next Iranian presidential election looks to be as corruptly fixed as the last one, and the Iranians will take to the streets again. Of course, Obama will do nothing, as he has no interest in undermining anti-American regimes that spout post-colonial nonsense.

noonwitch
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM

I'm just assuming it is a city full of women, Christians and pig farmers, none of whom rank very high in the world of extreme Islam.