PDA

View Full Version : Al Jazeera America: Will they watch?

Rockntractor
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
By DYLAN BYERS | 1/12/13 3:45 PM EST

In a matter of weeks, a new television channel called Al Jazeera America will launch with the hopes of achieving the impossible: convincing Americans that they should break from their regularly scheduled programming to watch a 24-hour, global news network owned by a Middle Eastern government.

When it goes live, the network will no doubt battle the most intense and familiar accusations of bias that have dogged its Arabic and English channels — charges that it is anti-American, anti-Israel and worse. But that’s not even its biggest problem.

What Al Jazeera America is really worried about is this: Will anyone actually watch?

“The big effort here is going to be getting people to give us a shot,” Stan Collender, an Al Jazeera spokesman, told POLITICO

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/al-jazeera-america-86088.html#ixzz2HoPZhQlT

.........and the camel you rode in on!

JB
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Let's see, a station that hates America is going to have to pull audience from somewhere.

I think MSNBC would be concerned the most that Al-J is going live.

LukeEDay
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
With the number of carriers refusing to carry it rising. I don't look for many people to have access to it. I think what the carriers might end up doing is make it an ala carte item. Then the liberal America Israel hating, Jew Hating, Christian hating, Troop hating retards can watch it at will.

Zathras
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
I didn't watch it when it was CTV and I won't watch it when it changes to AJTV. I have better things to do with my tv watching time, like watching a test pattern, than watching either of those "news" channels.

Rockntractor
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
I didn't watch it when it was CTV and I won't watch it when it changes to AJTV. I have better things to do with my tv watching time, like watching a test pattern, than watching either of those "news" channels.

Lately about all I watch are Turner classics and a handful of Scifi's.

Janice
01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
I am 100% TV free. And better informed than 99.9% of those around me ... unfortunately.

Odysseus
01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Let's see, a station that hates America is going to have to pull audience from somewhere.

I think MSNBC would be concerned the most that Al-J is going live.

Al Jazeera won't be anti-American enough to pull MSNBC's audience.