PDA

View Full Version : Protein Smoothie Recipes?

Elspeth
01-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Ok, so one of my New Year's resolutions was to eat more healthy stuff, like fruits and veggies. So, I was thinking about having a smoothie in the morning with some protein powder (whey, not soy) and some fruit. But I also want it to be a super immune booster without being a zillion calories.

Any ideas?

patriot45
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
No help here. I eat a grapefruit every morning, a big juicy ruby red grapefruit. No cleaning blenders every day! And for the veggie intake I like to cook raw veggies with dinner. I hope this helped! :cool::biggrin-new:

Molon Labe
01-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Ok, so one of my New Year's resolutions was to eat more healthy stuff, like fruits and veggies. So, I was thinking about having a smoothie in the morning with some protein powder (whey, not soy) and some fruit. But I also want it to be a super immune booster without being a zillion calories.

Any ideas?

Invest in an Omega masticating Juicer and get a big juicing bible. You'll get more then you bargained for in the Super immunity boost department. And you can make some pretty good smoothie recipes with them as well.

I got some recipes if you'd like them. Some are an aquired taste. It's a little time consuming, but you double your veggie intake and don't have near the calories.

There's a morning drink called the "green drink" Choked full of vitamins and low cal. But it's not the sweetest thing.

2 cups spinach
1 -2 medium cucumber (approx 2 cups)
1 stalk celery
1/2 inch gingerroot (or 1 teaspoon)
1 bunch chopped parsley (approx 1/2 cup chopped)
2 apples, cored
1 lime, juice of
1/2 lemon, juice of
4 ounces mineral water (or a handful of ice cubes)

Rockntractor
01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Invest in an Omega masticating Juicer and get a big juicing bible. You'll get more then you bargained for in the Super immunity boost department. And you can make some pretty good smoothie recipes with them as well.

I got some recipes if you'd like them. Some are an aquired taste. It's a little time consuming, but you double your veggie intake and don't have near the calories.

There's a morning drink called the "green drink" Choked full of vitamins and low cal. But it's not the sweetest thing.

2 cups spinach
1 -2 medium cucumber (approx 2 cups)
1 stalk celery
1/2 inch gingerroot (or 1 teaspoon)
1 bunch chopped parsley (approx 1/2 cup chopped)
2 apples, cored
1 lime, juice of
1/2 lemon, juice of
4 ounces mineral water (or a handful of ice cubes)

You could get a date with one of my goats if you would woo her with a glass of that.

southernlady
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Make sure to get whey isolate not concentrate. Concentrate has more whole milk product, doesn't taste as good, and mixes up lousy in a blender bottle.

I use a whey protein isolate that I get from Vitamin Shoppe but they can be found elsewhere, just harder to find than whey protein concentrate.

You can mix most anything with it...many of my friends who drink it, use it in coffee...as in hot protein coffee.
1 - 20 oz shaker cup with wire ball
4 to 6 oz of 1/2 & 1/2, water, or milk
1 to 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder
{shake} until blended
Add 9 to 10 oz of hot brewed coffee
{stir}
Pour into large mug

Add hot liquid to cold liquid to avoid lumps. Keep the protein slurry below 160 degrees.

Molon Labe
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Make sure to get whey isolate not concentrate.

Correct.

This is a fairly tasty brand. http://gnc.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pGNC1-2331558dt.jpg

southernlady
01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Correct.

This is a fairly tasty brand.
I tried that one...hated the taste myself but each of us has our own tastes there.
I prefer this one, myself: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/images/catalog/skus/l_vs-2541.png

Hawkgirl
02-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Call me old fashioned but the best protein drink is called a Milkshake :adoration:

Odysseus
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Call me old fashioned but the best protein drink is called a Milkshake :adoration:

Must...resist. ...cheap....joke....:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hawkgirl
02-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Must...resist. ...cheap....joke....:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:nono: