PDA

View Full Version : Actor Danny Glover tells students 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery

Rockntractor
01-18-2013, 10:02 PM
By Timothy Dionisopoulos, on Jan 18, 2013

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
More idiocy>http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

Novaheart
01-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Like my momma says: You don't have to act like what they call you.

SarasotaRepub
01-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Man!!! Thank God Danny is around to tell us these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Odysseus
01-19-2013, 09:32 AM
By Timothy Dionisopoulos, on Jan 18, 2013

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
More idiocy>http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

It's getting to the point where I can't watch the. Lethal Weapon movies anymore. Glover is a bigoted radical idiot. Mel Gibson is a bigoted, violent drunk. Between the two of them, you almost want to root for the bad guys.

It says a lot about Hollywood that Mel is a pariah while Glover is still getting work. In a sane world, they'd both be kicked to the curb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bailey
01-19-2013, 09:38 AM
WHy do i get this strange feeling they are going to push this narrative throughout the MSM? Just to delegitimize the 2nd?

LukeEDay
01-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Can that man say anything that doesn't involve race? Jackson Lee is the same way. That woman has racism on the brain.

Unreconstructed Reb
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0705/360_dglover_chavez_0523.jpg

Starbuck
01-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Glover's best scene was probably in "Lonesome Dove" when the Indian ran him through with a spear.:biggrin-new:

But given his early background, nothing more could be expected. His parent were early activists in NAACP, he worked as a community organizer, and was active in the Black Students Union, called George W a racist, and on and on.

He's an opinionated dingbat, nothing more.

Novaheart
01-19-2013, 11:55 AM
This is probably a pre-emptive strike in the media to the meme that gun control was conceived to keep guns out of the hands of blacks.

FlaGator
01-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I had trouble getting stirred up about the because, after all, it was Danny Glover who said it. I found Colin Powell's comments to be much more disconcerting because he is a very intelligent man who seems to have put his race ahead of his ideology. Danny Glover is just a second rate actor.

Rockntractor
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
I had trouble getting stirred up about the because, after all, it was Danny Glover who said it. I found Colin Powell's comments to be much more disconcerting because he is a very intelligent man who seems to have put his race ahead of his ideology. Danny Glover is just a second rate actor.

We have been told Colin Powell was intelligent over and over but like Mark Levin I would like to see a list of his true accomplishments.

FlaGator
01-19-2013, 04:42 PM
We have been told Colin Powell was intelligent over and over but like Mark Levin I would like to see a list of his true accomplishments.

Two Tours of Duty in Vietnam
Assistant Chief of Staff to the American Division in Vietnam
White House Fellowship under Richard Nixon
Senior Military Assistant to Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger
National Security Advisor under Ronald Reagan
Achieved the rank of 4 Star General
Commander in Chief, Forces Command under George H. W. Bush
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton
Was also the first JCS Chair who received his commission through ROTC

These are the highlights, there are many more. He has a Purple Heart earned in Vietnam and he served as military and strategic advisor during the Granada Invasion, the Libyan air strikes, the Panama invasion, Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

He did not achieve this by being an idiot. He was a trusted advisor to many of the Conservative figures we look up to today. If Ronald Reagan and the Bushs trusted him and his intellect I think it is safe to say that he is a sharp individual. They knew him much better than me, you or Mark Levin.

Rockntractor
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Two Tours of Duty in Vietnam
Assistant Chief of Staff to the American Division in Vietnam
White House Fellowship under Richard Nixon
Senior Military Assistant to Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger
National Security Advisor under Ronald Reagan
Achieved the rank of 4 Star General
Commander in Chief, Forces Command under George H. W. Bush
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton
Was also the first JCS Chair who received his commission through ROTC

These are the highlights, there are many more. He has a Purple Heart earned in Vietnam and he served as military and strategic advisor during the Granada Invasion, the Libyan air strikes, the Panama invasion, Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

He did not achieve this by being an idiot. He was a trusted advisor to many of the Conservative figures we look up to today. If Ronald Reagan and the Bushs trusted him and his intellect I think it is safe to say that he is a sharp individual. They knew him much better than me, you or Mark Levin.

The Purple heart is without question impressive, the rest are all things he was appointed too for what reason only those that appointed him know.

Janice
01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
If 0bama can "achieve" the orifice of the Presidency largely thru affirmative action and "connections" throughout his life, then certainly anything is possible.

Rockntractor
01-19-2013, 05:12 PM
If 0bama can "achieve" the orifice of the Presidency largely thru affirmative action and "connections" throughout his life, then certainly anything is possible.

I know, it is very hard to be impressed with anyone's credentials over the last thirty years, what was earned, what was given per quota, this system is very unfair to those of color that do bust their asses getting somewhere.
I do that Powell threw everyone that helped him to where he got today under the bus for no other reason than color. That should be a good inside picture of his true character.

I have to wonder,wit John Kerry's Vietnam War service medals (a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts) had he been one of the preferred races today, he would have the presidency.

Rockntractor
01-19-2013, 05:33 PM
If Ronald Reagan and the Bushs trusted him and his intellect I think it is safe to say that he is a sharp individual. They knew him much better than me, you or Mark Levin.

Mark Levin served in Reagan's administration but unlike Powell he didn't throw everything Reagen held dear away.

FlaGator
01-19-2013, 05:38 PM
The Purple heart is without question impressive, the rest are all things he was appointed too for what reason only those that appointed him know.

All positions except for elected postions are appointed. You get a job because some looks over your resume, talks to you and concludes you can handle the job. He or she hires (appoints) you to the position you applied for. You get promoted by doing good at that job and someone notices. Someone in charge appoints you to the next level in your career. A career is nothing more than a serious of appointments.

The reason he was pointed to these positions was because of his performance in previous actions. Nixon, Reagan and both Bushes didn't pull his name out of a hat. They reviewed his record and found him to be fit to fill those appointments. I trust the opinions of these people they believed he was intelligent and capable and appointed him to positions where he could accel and his performance would benefit them.

Besides all positions except for elected postions are appointed. You get a job because some looks over your resume, talks to you and concludes you can handle the job. You get promoted by doing at that job and someone notices.

FlaGator
01-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Mark Levin served in Reagan's administration but unlike Powell he didn't throw everything Reagen held dear away.

And thus my displeasure with Colin Powell's behavior over the last few years. I believe that he has put his race of ahead of his ideology. That doesn't mean that his is not intelligent, it means he is flawed like the rest of us. Look a King Solomon, for all his wisdom he stumbled at the end of his life. That didn't invalidate all the wise decisions he made previous to his fall.

Rockntractor
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
No big deal, Powell was just compromising.

FlaGator
01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
No big deal, Powell was just compromising.

No he wasn't. He was putting his race ahead of his ideology.

SaintLouieWoman
01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Glover's best scene was probably in "Lonesome Dove" when the Indian ran him through with a spear.:biggrin-new:

But given his early background, nothing more could be expected. His parent were early activists in NAACP, he worked as a community organizer, and was active in the Black Students Union, called George W a racist, and on and on.

He's an opinionated dingbat, nothing more.

Don't forget that other Rhodes scholar, Samuel L Jackson. What makes these ignorant Hollywood types think that they can make these great readjustments to history? Their interpretations leave more than a little to desire.

But Colin Powell has become a great disappointment. I thought he had more substance.

Tonight Mike Huckabee had an opening dissertation on character in relation to Lance Armstrong. He basically said what good does it do if we teach our kids to be smart, to evade situations, to make lots of money if they have absolutely no character nor concept of right and wrong.

Colin Powell should know better. He obviously is licking Obama's boots. A man of substance wouldn't do that. He shouldn't keep saying that he is a Republican. He isn't.