PDA

View Full Version : I guess this is his 30 pieces of silver...

Bailey
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Facebook CEO holding fundraiser for Christie

Christie's campaign says Mark Zuckerberg will host a fundraiser for Christie next month at his home in Palo Alto, Calif.

The young tech billionaire and the Republican governor teamed up in 2010 when Zuckerberg pledged to donate $100 million to Newark's public schools.

A Christie campaign spokesman says the fundraiser shows how much respect Christie has earned for "taking on tough fights to reform and improve education."

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20670047/facebook-ceo-holding-fundraiser-for-christie

Elspeth
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
What it means is that Zuckerberg is invested the same education companies that Christie is supporting by trashing the public system.

Bailey
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
What it means is that Zuckerberg is invested the same education companies that Christie is supporting by trashing the public system.

I think its more then that, he sold out the Republicans and now he is being accepted into liberal circles. Thats what this is all about....too be liked

Elspeth
01-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I think its more then that, he sold out the Republicans and now he is being accepted into liberal circles. Thats what this is all about....too be liked

What the hell is going on with the GOP?

Sigh.

noonwitch
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Christie governs a fairly liberal state-if he was a strict conservative, would he be holding his current position?

Bailey
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Christie governs a fairly liberal state-if he was a strict conservative, would he be holding his current position?

Wrong again, he kissed obama's ass days before the election, its one thing to be a middle of the road republican but its something different when you smooch the backside of liberals.

noonwitch
01-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Wrong again, he kissed obama's ass days before the election, its one thing to be a middle of the road republican but its something different when you smooch the backside of liberals.

When your state gets overwhelmed by a massive storm, and the guy who can provide assistance is from the other party, you kind of have to be nice to him. It's called working together for the better of his constituents.

DumbAss Tanker
01-24-2013, 05:30 PM
When your state gets overwhelmed by a massive storm, and the guy who can provide assistance is from the other party, you kind of have to be nice to him. It's called working together for the better of his constituents.

Watch out for the crocodiles in that river where you're living.

Bailey
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Federal relief isn't dependent on being "nice", he could have be cordial and not be shown to be hugging one another and joking around. You are pretty smart and I can't believe you dont see a RINO kissing up to liberals in the hopes of being liked

noonwitch
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Federal relief isn't dependent on being "nice", he could have be cordial and not be shown to be hugging one another and joking around. You are pretty smart and I can't believe you dont see a RINO kissing up to liberals in the hopes of being liked

No, I see it, but I also understand why he does it, because it's Jersey. If it were Georgia, he would have to kiss conservative butt.

Bailey
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
No, I see it, but I also understand why he does it, because it's Jersey. If it were Georgia, he would have to kiss conservative butt.

But then the gov would have have been most likely a conservative. If Christie ran as a liberal then this wouldn't have shocked me but he ran as a right leaning republican so I guess his true colors are showing. He will never get my vote either for reelection or for any higher office.

Odysseus
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Except that it never works that way in reverse. Bush begged the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans to initiate the request for federal aid so that he could respond, but the governor held off because she didn't want him to look good in the media. Ultimately, they did everything that they could to blame Katrina on Bush, even though the immediate state and local-level responses were glaringly incompetent, because politics trumps doing your job when you're a liberal. Christie went out of his way to complement Obama for doing... well, not much, since the federal response to Sandy consisted of a bunch of Obama photo-ops (which is what passes for leadership today). Meanwhile, his constituents were taken care of by the state, not the feds.

txradioguy
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Except that it never works that way in reverse. Bush begged the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans to initiate the request for federal aid so that he could respond, but the governor held off because she didn't want him to look good in the media. Ultimately, they did everything that they could to blame Katrina on Bush, even though the immediate state and local-level responses were glaringly incompetent, because politics trumps doing your job when you're a liberal. Christie went out of his way to complement Obama for doing... well, not much, since the federal response to Sandy consisted of a bunch of Obama photo-ops (which is what passes for leadership today). Meanwhile, his constituents were taken care of by the state, not the feds.

And his promises to cut through red tape and get aid to the people went nowhere as well.

There are still hundreds without power in the area affected by Sandy.

Bailey
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Noonditch doesn't know the difference between being respectful and kissing his ass. Noonditch forgot the fact that NJ is a BLUE state and wouldn't be forgotten by obama.

NJCardFan
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM

He got elected on conservative principles. Taxpayers here love him. He's polling at 69% among registered voters. He's also leading at least 1 poll for president in 2016 even beating out Hillary.

AmPat
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM

Seems to me only liberal dependant states get the publicity and help. BTW, I thought all was good in utopia? SInce I haven't seen any coverage of the Marxist Administration's failures like we did with the daily handwringing over Katrina, I assumed all was instantly made well by Emporer OBlather.

Bailey
01-29-2013, 06:03 PM
He got elected on conservative principles. Taxpayers here love him. He's polling at 69% among registered voters. He's also leading at least 1 poll for president in 2016 even beating out Hillary.

which proves my point he stabbed romney in the back to improve his odds in 16, he can kiss the fastest part of my ass when and if he runs for any office.