PDA

View Full Version : WaMu seized. Largest U.S. Bank failure

AlmostThere
09-26-2008, 02:38 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428264,00.html

I wonder how many failures we'll have to witness while these idiots are having their pissing match? :mad:

Are they stupid or do they just not give a damn?

God help us.

Cold Warrior
09-26-2008, 08:21 AM

I wonder how many failures we'll have to witness while these idiots are having their pissing match? :mad:

God help us.

Don't worry. Be happy. It's all Jimmy Carter's fault. :D

LogansPapa
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NVjq2py7BA

Rebel Yell
09-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Fuck em, let em fail. We'll be a whole lot better off ni the long run.

GrumpyOldLady
09-26-2008, 01:06 PM

I fully agree.

It will hurt at first, but the economy will be stronger in the long run.

This is part of the CAPITALIST system.

They need to let everything fail and come back on it's own. It's healthier that way.

linda22003
09-26-2008, 01:13 PM

How long, asks someone who was hoping to retire in six years with a $2m portfolio? :rolleyes:

Goldwater
09-26-2008, 01:35 PM
How long, asks someone who was hoping to retire in six years with a $2m portfolio? :rolleyes:

Depending on what the dollar is worth because of this plan, it doesn't matter how much you retire on...

Rebel Yell
09-26-2008, 02:01 PM

I thought you were a "hands off" government type of gal?:confused:

linda22003
09-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I thought you were a "hands off" government type of gal?:confused:

I am and I really go back and forth on this. Philosophically, I'm opposed to the bailout; realistically, I know how long it took us to put that money together, and I'm not happy about losing it because of other people's mistakes. :(

PoliCon
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM

God help us.

Reality is - the dems can do this with or without republican help. But they want republicans on board so that it cannot be an election issue - and so that down the road they can claim that they were deceived by the GOP into signing on when it becomes clear to the people exactly what these scumbags are signing us on for. They know that it's going to come out sooner or later exactly how many of them have their hands dirty in this and welp - they need a scape goat and they want the GOP to be that goat.

Rebel Yell
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I am and I really go back and forth on this. Philosophically, I'm opposed to the bailout; realistically, I know how long it took us to put that money together, and I'm not happy about losing it because of other people's mistakes. :(

It's a helluva position to be in, ain't it. I feel for you. I really do.:o

linda22003
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
It's certainly not just me. It's a whole lot of us. We were told to provide our own security for ourselves when pensions became pretty much a thing of the past, and some of us took the duty seriously. Now it looks like we won't be much farther ahead of the masses who blew it off completely.

AlmostThere
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm not an economist so my fears may be totally baseless.

I have always believed trickle down economics made perfect sense. Prosperity does not grow from the bottom up, it has to start where the money is. If the money at the top is decimated, will that not trickle down as well? I'd argue that some institutions are to big to fail but the people who caused this be held to account.

Whether we like it or not, we participate in a global economy. How will this failure effect the rest of the world and more importantly, how will this failure effect other nations in their financial dealings with us?

I don't know the answers to the questions I've posed.

I may be totally off-base but allowing this massive failure reminds me of a 3rd world country's economic failure.