PDA

View Full Version : Torture By Sesame Street At Guantanamo Bay: Al Jazeera

Rockntractor
01-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Big Bird
Part-time children's educator, part-time torture mechanism.

In 2008, reports surfaced that detainees at Guantanamo Bay had been tortured by songs such as Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Drowning Pool's "Bodies."

Now, a new documentary from Al Jazeera shows that detainees may also have been subjected to musical torture of a softer variety.

According to the report, prisoners at the U.S. detention camp at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base were forced to wear headphones blasting music from Sesame Street on repeat for hours or days on end.

Christopher Cerf, the award-winning composer of Sesame Street, was stunned to learn how his music was being exploited.
Read More>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/30/torture-guantanamo-bay_n_1557294.html
What kind of beasts have we become, first we have non-consensual nasal irrigation and now Sesame Street and Barney loops playing endlessly.
Make it stop make it stop, I'll talk, I'll kill for you!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/halloween-peur/peur1r.gif

noonwitch
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't consider being forced to listen to Enter Sandman torture. I would consider being forced to listen to or watch Barney to be torture. I am so glad my nieces and nephew are too old for that crap now.

Odysseus
01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't consider being forced to listen to Enter Sandman torture. I would consider being forced to listen to or watch Barney to be torture. I am so glad my nieces and nephew are too old for that crap now.

Rumor was that they made detainees watch the View. Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears and the sound of her voice can pierce concrete.

Rockntractor
01-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Rumor was that they made detainees watch the View. Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears and the sound of her voice can pierce concrete.

Joy Behar could deflate anything, just thinking about her could cause many a dysfunction.

Starbuck
01-28-2013, 05:04 PM
....Just the sight of Joy Behar can bring a hardened jihadi to tears .....

I never heard it called a "jihadi" before, but she could sure as hell cause it to go limp.....

JB
01-28-2013, 07:10 PM
If torture is the goal play something from someone with no vocal talent, like Spingsteen or 99% of rap.

Zathras
01-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey it could have been worse.....they could have shown them Barney the Dinosaur, The Tele-Tubbies or the collected speeches of Obama. :biggrin-new:

Rockntractor
01-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Hey it could have been worse.....they could have shown them Barney the Dinosaur, The Tele-Tubbies or the collected speeches of Obama. :biggrin-new:

They are playing barney, look at the slide show at the link.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/30/torture-guantanamo-bay_n_1557294.html#slide=1040548

Odysseus
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
If torture is the goal play something from someone with no vocal talent, like Spingsteen or 99% of rap.

Springsteen used to be fun to listen to, but I can see repetitive streaming of anything after Born to Run being used as torture.

Sonnabend
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Two words: Barry Manilow.

Rockntractor
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Two words: Barry Manilow.

They play him during the cavity searches to set the mood.

ABC in Georgia
03-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Rock ...

Who would ever have thought that reading a thread in "War on Terror" could make anyone laugh?!!

Such wimps ... these jihadist bastards must be (when detained, that is!)

I would blast Metallica, complete with bright lights shone into their eyes at close range, with the music on an endless loop. Not Barney music for crying out loud!

However, if the following is true, is really too bad. Would most definitely work for me!!! :evil-grin:

According to the anonymous Navy SEAL who claims to have killed Osama bin Laden, Metallica asked that their music not be used for torture after the band discovered that’s exactly what was happening.

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/02/14/bin-laden-shooter-navy-seals-asked-not-to-use-metallica-for-torture/

ABC in Georgia
03-28-2013, 09:59 PM
As usual, forgot to add ...

You guys in this thread are so funny! Somewhat disgusting, but funny none-the-less!
:love_heart:

~ ABC

NJCardFan
03-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Since Muslims hate gays, make them listen to The Village People and the collective works of Peter Allen.

Rockntractor
03-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Since Muslims hate gays, make them listen to The Village People and the collective works of Peter Allen.

They say they hate gays but they sodomized the ambassador in Benghazi before they killed him, wouldn't that make them a little homosexual too?

Sonnabend
04-01-2013, 05:42 AM
ďPart of me is proud because they chose Metallica. Itís strong, itís music thatís powerful. It represents something maybe they donít like, freedom, aggression, I donít know. Freedom of speech,Ē Hetfield said at the time. ďAnd then part of me is kind of bummed about it that people worry about us being attached to some political statement because of that. Weíve got nothing to do with this and weíre trying to be as apolitical as possible, ícause I think politics and music, at least for us, donít mix.Ē

They're not libtards or taking sides...I have to give them this one.

When I think of all the music celebutards who dont know when to shut their yaps, I find this kind of honesty....refreshing.

Articulate_Ape
04-01-2013, 08:29 AM
They say they hate gays but they sodomized the ambassador in Benghazi before they killed him, wouldn't that make them a little homosexual too?

Where did you get that information, Rock?

Odysseus
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Rock ...

Who would ever have thought that reading a thread in "War on Terror" could make anyone laugh?!!

Such wimps ... these jihadist bastards must be (when detained, that is!)

I would blast Metallica, complete with bright lights shone into their eyes at close range, with the music on an endless loop. Not Barney music for crying out loud!

However, if the following is true, is really too bad. Would most definitely work for me!!! :evil-grin:

Metallica has been used to torture the parents of teenagers for years. Why should they object to being used to torture terrorists?

Force them to sit through a midnight showing of Rocky Horror, with full audience participation, but cutting out the bits with Susan Sarandon in lingerie.

Where did you get that information, Rock?

It was in the initial reports, but was quickly hushed up. It's sort of like Lara Logan's rape in Egypt by Muslim Brotherhood protesters, another act of Islamic sexual violence that's been given relatively little coverage.