PDA

View Full Version : SCANDAL-PLAGUED STEVE CAPUS OUT AS NBC NEWS PRESIDENT

txradioguy
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2013/01/29/capus.png

For months now, Breitbart News has made Steve Capus the poster boy for the ongoing scandals and instances of editorial fraud that occurred under his watch as NBC News president. During his tenure, no fewer than the equivalent of five RatherGates happened; and after two, three and four of these incidents, it became glaringly apparent that Capus was the problem. Today, action was finally taken. Capus is no longer with NBC News.

Whether Capus resigned or was forced out because someone on the NBC board finally decided his moral illiteracy needed to come to an end doesnít matter. What matters is that a management style that either encouraged this fraud or was helpless to stop it is out.

It is worth noting, though, that just six-months ago, Capus signed a long-term deal with NBC News to remain as its president.

But the only real question is, why did it take this long?

The rap sheet against Capus isnít troubling, surprising, or even disturbing -- it is breathtaking:

1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.

2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.

3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.

4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.

5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.

This isnít bias; this is committing outright fraud in pursuit of a political agenda. And it is no coincidence that every single one of these incidents aided and abetted Obama directly or whatever his agenda was at the time.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/02/01/Scandal-Plagued-Steve-Capus-Out-as-NBC-News-President

Starbuck
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
The guy should be brought up on charges of some sort. Can't imagine which elected official will be stout enough to prosecute him, though; Democrats will recognize him as one of their own, Republicans will be shouted down as being partisan.

JB
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Later scumbag. Reap, sow, etc.

Why aren't Mitchell, Schultz and Brewer fired too. And their producers, editors, etc. Scratch one scumbag, find 100 more.

And before some Liberal douche comes in here with a FOX LIES equivalency aneurism, make sure you provide proof/links.

Scumbags.

DumbAss Tanker
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm sure it will continue to live up to its reputation as "National Barack Channel" even with a different alpha howler monkey in charge.

AmPat
02-01-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm sure it will continue to live up to its reputation as "National Barack Channel" even with a different alpha howler monkey in charge.
Yep. Nothing will change. This is eyewash to attempt to recoup some sort of reasonable reputation. They of course have no intention of cleaning up their sewer. If they did, they would clean house of the filth mouth pieces who are complicit in the slobber-knobbing of Oblowhard.

txradioguy
02-02-2013, 05:20 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if he shows up over at CNN with the former NBC guy now running that place or at AJ English.

Odysseus
02-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he shows up over at CNN with the former NBC guy now running that place or at AJ English.

If AJ is smart, they will start out as even-handed as possible and only gradually let their biases in as they establish their brand. They might even try to bring in some "conservatives" in the Pat Buchanan mold. They will try to avoid scandal-tarred hacks if they want credibility outside of the CAIR/Muslim Brotherhood axis.
This clown will end up at Salon, Huffpo or Politico.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DumbAss Tanker
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
If AJ is smart, they will start out as even-handed as possible and only gradually let their biases in as they establish their brand. They might even try to bring in some "conservatives" in the Pat Buchanan mold. They will try to avoid scandal-tarred hacks if they want credibility outside of the CAIR/Muslim Brotherhood axis.
This clown will end up at Salon, Huffpo or Politico.

AJ shows up on LinkTV from time-to-time, running a very apolitical feature program, with very little news of international relations between the Arab and Muslim states, let alone with Israel, the West, or the East. A bit of internal political news, but mostly various disasters and human interest/travel stories.

SaintLouieWoman
02-02-2013, 12:52 PM
AJ shows up on LinkTV from time-to-time, running a very apolitical feature program, with very little news of international relations between the Arab and Muslim states, let alone with Israel, the West, or the East. A bit of internal political news, but mostly various disasters and human interest/travel stories.

Perhaps that bloated looking Algore will show up spouting more of his global warming junk. Talked to a friend in St Louis today---it's so cold that she doesn't want to go outside. Global warming strikes again,

Odysseus
02-03-2013, 07:45 PM
That is the way to build a moderate brand and slowly gain an audience. After years of inoffensive programming, they can begin to expose their agenda in small doses. That's how you boil the frog.

Perhaps that bloated looking Algore will show up spouting more of his global warming junk. Talked to a friend in St Louis today---it's so cold that she doesn't want to go outside. Global warming strikes again,
Gore will be kept away from the audience. AJ doesn't need to keep him on camera, they need to build ratings and break sith Gore's loser brand. Expect an angry missive from him about how he doesn't have any role at the network and feels marginalized.

noonwitch
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
If this is the guy who is responsible for replacing Ann Curry with Savannah Guthrie on The Today Show, he should be fired.

Odysseus
02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
If this is the guy who is responsible for replacing Ann Curry with Savannah Guthrie on The Today Show, he should be fired.

He's Dan Rather multiplied by at least five times and you're upset about his shuffling of empty-headed spokes-bimbos? Seriously? He has overseen the descent of NBC's news programming into partisan dreck, going so far as to fake the news when the truth didn't suit his agenda. Try to focus on what matters, Noonie.

NJCardFan
02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
He's Dan Rather multiplied by at least five times and you're upset about his shuffling of empty-headed spokes-bimbos? Seriously? He has overseen the descent of NBC's news programming into partisan dreck, going so far as to fake the news when the truth didn't suit his agenda. Try to focus on what matters, Noonie.

Haven't you heard? The meme now is "what difference does it make".

noonwitch
02-07-2013, 05:25 PM

He replaced an intelligent, decent newscaster with an empty-headed spokes bimbo.
Faking the news is always a bad thing, unless you are obviously joking-like TDS or Weekend Update on SNL. Of course he should be fired for that. I'm just providing further ammunition.

Odysseus
02-07-2013, 06:06 PM
He replaced an intelligent, decent newscaster with an empty-headed spokes bimbo.
Faking the news is always a bad thing, unless you are obviously joking-like TDS or Weekend Update on SNL. Of course he should be fired for that. I'm just providing further ammunition.

He replaced one talking head with another. It doesn't matter who reads the news if it's a pack of lies.