PDA

View Full Version : Fairly typical for obama

Bailey
02-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't mention a word about a true hero but fall over yourself to recognize a drugged out loser.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/lars1701c/69241_495456183834690_1144491318_n_zps501e91d1.jpg

JB
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't think that's true regarding 0bama and the crack ho. Christie in NJ did, which was a mistake, but not Barry.

Bailey
02-14-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't think that's true regarding 0bama and the crack ho. Christie in NJ did, which was a mistake, but not Barry.

well then its half true, obama didn't mention the death of Chris Kyle

JB
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
well then its half true, obama didn't mention the death of Chris KyleThat's true, it is half true. Do you normally post in half-truths?

Could be you don't because that quote about it being half true is true so in this case you are not posting a half truth but a truth but overall half of your posts in this thread so far are only half true so I'm not 100% sure.

Rockntractor
02-14-2013, 10:36 PM
He did go out of his way to comment on Whitney whereas he didn't about Chris.

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2012/02/black-celebrities/president-obama-issues-statement-death-whitney-houston/

Starbuck
02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Didn't he say that if he and Whitney had a son it would look like Jimmy Walker? Or am I confused?:smile-new:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5103xta4pgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bailey
02-14-2013, 11:58 PM
That's true, it is half true. Do you normally post in half-truths?

Could be you don't because that quote about it being half true is true so in this case you are not posting a half truth but a truth but overall half of your posts in this thread so far are only half true so I'm not 100% sure.

My head hurts :(

ReinMan
02-15-2013, 07:09 AM
I think Christie stepped on his dick with that one...

Here is a website (http://us.halfstaff.org/)that tracks all instances of half-staff proclamations for the flags of the US and all states, and gives any current half-staff statuses.

IIRC, the national flag is only to be flown at half staff by proclamation of the POTUS, or on occasions enumerated in the US Flag Code (like Memorial Day...)

Full text of past such proclamations are found at the site.

NJCardFan
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Didn't he say that if he and Whitney had a son it would look like Jimmy Walker? Or am I confused?:smile-new:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5103xta4pgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jimmy's conservative so I doubt that.

linda22003
02-15-2013, 03:59 PM
But Bailey got it from FACEBOOK - it MUST be true!

noonwitch
02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
For what it's worth, Whitney's death was on the 24 hour news cycle for weeks, like Michael Jackson's was before hers. The only place where I've seen coverage of Kyle's death is on this website. I'm sure FOX has covered it, but I don't watch FOX news all that much anymore, since they fired the crying rodeo clown.

The media has a bias toward dead celebrity stories. They love to build them up and love to watch them fall. Whitney's life is a really good example of this. They loved her when she was young, pretty and her talent was limitless. They loved watching her fall, and loved covering her early death. In some ways, that is the bigger story than Whitney dying of an overdose, which everyone who knew her seemed to have seen coming.

Then again, Don Henley pretty much summed it all up in the song "Dirty Laundry".

LukeEDay
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Then again, Don Henley pretty much summed it all up in the song "Dirty Laundry".

Truth! They only report what they want, and what supports their agenda..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o

JB
02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
But Bailey got it from FACEBOOK - it MUST be true!Do you have a list of pre-approved sources so we know what is acceptable...to you.

Odysseus
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
For what it's worth, Whitney's death was on the 24 hour news cycle for weeks, like Michael Jackson's was before hers. The only place where I've seen coverage of Kyle's death is on this website. I'm sure FOX has covered it, but I don't watch FOX news all that much anymore, since they fired the crying rodeo clown.

The media has a bias toward dead celebrity stories. They love to build them up and love to watch them fall. Whitney's life is a really good example of this. They loved her when she was young, pretty and her talent was limitless. They loved watching her fall, and loved covering her early death. In some ways, that is the bigger story than Whitney dying of an overdose, which everyone who knew her seemed to have seen coming.

That he did, but that's part of the problem. The media reported the death of a coked up celebrity has-been for weeks, but a USN SEAL, legendary sniper and humanitarian gets a few seconds just before the weather report (unless his death can feed the gun control beast, in which case, it will be front page news). Anyone else see a problem here?

To put it another way, without Googling, what do the following people have in common?

DUNHAM, JASON L.
McGINNIS, ROSS A.
MONSOOR, MICHAEL A.
SMITH, PAUL R.
GIUNTA, SALVATORE A.
MEYER, DAKOTA
MILLER, ROBERT J.
MONTI, JARED C.
MURPHY, MICHAEL P.
PETRY, LEROY A.
ROMESHA, CLINTON L.

Hint: None of them have Grammy Awards, Golden Globes or Oscars.

ABC
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Well for sure they must be, white, male, gainfully employed, conservatives.

How they met their ends, I don't know.

Odysseus
02-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Well for sure they must be, white, male, gainfully employed, conservatives.

How they met their ends, I don't know.

Nope. Most of them are deceased, all are males but not all are white. Keep trying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ABC
02-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Americans that unexpectedly met up with some radical Islamist followers of the Religion of Peace?

If not ... at least is a group of men that are held in scant regard by our wonderful Prez, and are of no possible use to further his agenda!

Odysseus
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Folks that unexpectedly met up with some radical Islamist followers of the Religion of Peace?

If not ... at least is a group of men that are held in scant regard by our wonderful Prez, and are of no use to be used to further his agenda!

Not unexpectedly. They are the Medal of Honor recipients since 9/11. The latest one was a few days ago, and he got less media coverage than a Honey Boo Boo episode.

LukeEDay
02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Not unexpectedly. They are the Medal of Honor recipients since 9/11. The latest one was a few days ago, and he got less media coverage than a Honey Boo Boo episode.

That is just sad ... Stupid liberal media.

ABC
02-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Disgusting water-carrying, unabashed, sycophants!!!

txradioguy
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Do you have a list of pre-approved sources so we know what is acceptable...to you.

Sure she does. MSNBC CNN WAPO NY Slimes CBS ABC Time Newsweek Current TV...

linda22003
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Sure she does. MSNBC CNN WAPO NY Slimes CBS ABC Time Newsweek Current TV...

Hardly. I never see half of those. But Facebook is just where people share opinions and funny pictures. It's not a news source of any kind.

Rockntractor
02-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hardly. I never see half of those. But Facebook is just where people share opinions and funny pictures. It's not a news source of any kind.

The CDC uses Facebook to track disease out breaks and to track them, they are a source for news quite often although I don't use them for any purpose.

NJCardFan
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM

Oh, so you have a press release where Obama spoke about the bravery of this man who was killed in cold blood? Please, show us.

linda22003
02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
I haven't kept up with this guy OR Whitney Houston. You can ratchet back the drama. :cool:

LukeEDay
02-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Liberals don't care about the heroes of this country. They only care about the celebrities who give them campaign contributions. The reason being that the liberals hate the military and the troops. Liberals suck ...

Odysseus
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Liberals don't care about the heroes of this country. They only care about the celebrities who give them campaign contributions. The reason being that the liberals hate the military and the troops. Liberals suck ...

Liberals think of themselves as the "cool kids", while the people who oppose them are lumped into the "uncool" category. A cool kid can do no wrong in the eyes of other cool kids, while anyone who expects them to conduct themselves in an adult manner is automatically an outsider, and subject to anything that the cool clique feels like. They hate the military, and ignore our accomplishments, just as the high school jocks don't acknowledge the winning chess club.