PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher: George Zimmerman's brother interviewed

Elspeth
02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Usually Bill Maher is a pinhead (I'm being nice here) but he did have George Zimmerman's brother on. I thought Zimmerman did a good job in the belly of the beast. You decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoN4FF607M

noonwitch
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I saw it. It was a good interview, it put a human face on George. The interview was done in front of an audience who probably needed to hear that side of the case.

Maher was not a jerk to Zimmerman's brother, and there was a good discussion about how we define race in this country.

Elspeth
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I actually agree with you. I thought Maher was uncharacteristically fair here. The audience also listened politely. Robert Zimmerman is an excellent spokesman.

noonwitch
02-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I hate it when someone is tried and convicted in the media before he even comes to trial. I also think that even if George is guilty of manslaughter in this matter, his demeanor at his arraignment indicates a man who has remorse for what happened.

Most of all, though, I hate the fact that people have made death threats toward him and that the Revs Al and Jesse got involved.

NJCardFan
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Maher was not a jerk to Zimmerman's brother, and there was a good discussion about how we define race in this country.

That's easy: If you're of mixed race(white/black or Hispanic/white) and you're not in line with liberal beliefs, then you're white. But if you're a flaming leftist, then you're whatever ethnic part of you is. For example, George Zimmerman, even though his facial features and skin tone are decidedly Hispanic or Latino, because he's 50% Caucasian, he's considered white because he is on the wrong end of the case celeb. However, Barack Obama, who's mother is white and was raised by his white grandparents(including his typical white person grandmother), his white half is never brought up even though he's just as white as George Zimmerman. Don't see shirts like this for Obama:

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/trayvon-tshirt.jpg

Unreconstructed Reb
02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
I hate it when someone is tried and convicted in the media before he even comes to trial. I also think that even if George is guilty of manslaughter in this matter, his demeanor at his arraignment indicates a man who has remorse for what happened.

Most of all, though, I hate the fact that people have made death threats toward him and that the Revs Al and Jesse got involved.

Don't forget your beloved messiahs involvement: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,"---BroncoBama

noonwitch
02-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Don't forget your beloved messiahs involvement: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,"---BroncoBama

My messiah is Jesus of Nazareth.

I don't have a problem with Obama's comment. Whatever happened that night, it's still a tragedy that a kid died, whether there is criminal culpability on Zimmerman's part or not.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't have a problem with Obama's comment.

Of course not. After all, how could The One ever be wrong!