PDA

View Full Version : TRUMP, LEVIN RIGHT ABOUT ROVE

txradioguy
02-18-2013, 09:00 AM
If you’re a donor or potential donor to Karl Rove’s group American Crossroads, I recommend you listen to Mark Levin’s recent interview with Donald Trump, because they disclosed some long overdue truths that needed to be said.

Trump and Levin made several points that donors, the media, and the political class can no longer ignore and frankly should have picked up on long ago. When you see the facts all laid out, you’ll be asking yourself the same question as Levin: “I would say to the wealthy donors out there, why do you keep donating to him?”

The first point Trump makes is exhibit one in the case against Rove and something people should never, ever forget: “You know it was really Karl Rove who gave us Obama.” Mr. Trump is exactly right. The next time someone says Karl Rove is a political genius, just remember that his disastrous decisions during the Bush Administration paved the way for President Obama’s election, Obamacare’s implementation, and our unsustainable $16 trillion national debt.

The truth is that the only times in politics when the political pendulum swings that far in either direction is when things get really, really awful under the sitting president. What largely caused that political situation was Karl Rove’s wrongheaded advice to George W. Bush. Let’s also be honest about Rove being the architect of Bush’s two victories. Barely beating atrocious candidates like Al Gore and John Kerry is not exactly a heavy lift or something to brag about, because he nearly let both get away.

Mr. Trump’s second point was about Rove’s “lousy record” when it comes to the candidates he backed in 2012. Moderate, establishment candidates who were backed by Rove got crushed nearly across the board. Rove’s support of establishment candidates isn’t surprising; these are the people who come to Washington and don’t change a thing – exactly what Rove wants. Levin went on to make the point that Rove’s attacks on conservatives and the Tea Party are peculiar when you consider that the only reason the U.S. House went back to Republican control is because of Tea Party turnout in the 2010 midterm elections: “In 2006 they lost the Senate and the House when Rove was in charge, they haven’t gotten it back except in 2010 thanks to the Tea Party,” Levin said.

The third point Trump made was perhaps the most devastating: “They took $400 million of money that people put up to fight and they made the worst ads I’ve ever seen.”

The hundreds of millions in television ads Crossroads ran during the 2012 election had virtually zero impact. Donors trusted Rove to produce ads that were both innovative and effective and they got neither. Weak ads from one state to the next were placed on television and they failed miserably. “$400 million was wasted,” Trump went on to say. He’s exactly right, and what a shame it is.

This is personal for Trump because he was a $50,000 donor to Crossroads in 2010. That money could have been put to good use if it was given to groups with fresh ideas. So the next time you consider stroking a check to a Rove-controlled group, just remember what Donald Trump already knows: “Karl Rove, I just think he’s one of the most overrated people in politics.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Trump-Levin-Are-Right-About-Rove

Starbuck
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Interesting, thoughtful points, but Trump himself is a liability for whatever he supports. I tend to dismiss whatever he says.

Janice
02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I totally agree with them. As for Trump... even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There is more to this which hopefully will come out later, concerning Rove and his merry band of rino's on the Hill, who love to flex their collective genius while applying a boot on the neck of conservatives and tea party types.

Its going to be an uphill battle as American Pravda loves the republican losers such as Rove and will side with him given a choice. Even Dems will side with these losers. Its important that we speak out. Kudos to Levin and Trump.

txradioguy
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Interesting, thoughtful points, but Trump himself is a liability for whatever he supports. I tend to dismiss whatever he says.

I think Trump's pissed because 50K of his money went for nothing.

Hawkgirl
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
I've been listening to Mike Savage, the Savage Nation, on talk radio and he HATES Rove with a passion. Calls him a traitor, I haven't read anything that back it up, but I'm sure he'll explain his comment on night on his show.

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I have to change my avatar...

SaintLouieWoman
02-19-2013, 12:03 AM

Glad he said that. I hate looking at that face (not SR's--Rove's). :biggrin-new:

I agree that if the Republican Party can win, it has to stand for something. Rove has been a tremendous disappointment. I never thought I'd say this, but Rand Paul is starting to sound good. (not his dad). I'm so sick of the RINO's who stand for nothing.

Rockntractor
02-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Glad he said that. I hate looking at that face (not SR's--Rove's). :biggrin-new:

I agree that if the Republican Party can win, it has to stand for something. Rove has been a tremendous disappointment. I never thought I'd say this, but Rand Paul is starting to sound good. (not his dad). I'm so sick of the RINO's who stand for nothing.

I would like to see something happen with Ben Carson, with a candidate like him we might even get enough votes to overcome the built in illegal voting blocks the Democrats have now.
I don't know how anybody could dislike the guy, from what I've seen he has every quality needed to make a good leader. I had pretty much given up any hope until I heard Carson speak at the prayer breakfast.

Janice
02-19-2013, 01:07 AM
I wouldnt hop on that bandwagon too energetically yet Rock. We havent a clue about what he thinks about gun control and immigration and a host of other stuff yet. Remember what happened with the Cristy Creme Puff?

I agree that "something should happen" with Ben Carson. Anyways theres lots o time to... whatever.

patriot45
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I wouldnt hop on that bandwagon too energetically yet Rock. We havent a clue about what he thinks about gun control and immigration and a host of other stuff yet. Remember what happened with the Cristy Creme Puff?

I agree that "something should happen" with Ben Carson. Anyways theres lots o time to... whatever.

I agree with you, he does state all his points through Bible passages. And We really haven't heard enough of is policy beliefs. I like what he said about taxes and health care though.

Janice
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM

How about having Dick Cheney in there instead?

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
How about having Dick Cheney in there instead?

That would work!!!:biggrin-new:

noonwitch
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't know about Dr. Ben Carson. He is a great man. He might not want to diminish that by becoming a politician.

Turks
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Levin is probably the best out there.

Janice
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
That would work!!!:biggrin-new:

Heres a sample try:

http://i50.tinypic.com/k56b21.png

Too big? Need diff transparency? Diff face pic?... ?

Edit: Heres another ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/33x98yf.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/dy40es.png

Hmm.. maybe I need to darken Cheney's face a bit more?

SaintLouieWoman
02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Heres a sample try:

http://i50.tinypic.com/k56b21.png

Too big? Need diff transparency? Diff face pic?... ?

Edit: Heres another ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/33x98yf.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/dy40es.png

Hmm.. maybe I need to darken Cheney's face a bit more?

Looks good, but think a sneering Cheney pic would be better. He looks too nice there. :biggrin-new:

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2013, 10:11 PM
:woot:Thanks Janice!!! But my dear is right, Darth Cheney looks far too happy. We need the sneer!!!

Janice
02-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Yep. I was originally goin to go with a 'sneering' sort, but then I noticed how cheery your Rover was and decided to try the smilie one instead.

I'll give it another go with a bit of a snarl ... :cool:

SarasotaRepub
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Yep. I was originally goin to go with a 'sneering' sort, but then I noticed how cheery your Rover was and decided to try the smilie one instead.

I'll give it another go with a bit of a snarl ... :cool:

LOL!!! Thanks! You're the best!

Janice
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/vh8gw0.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/j7fh5l.png

Heres a little less amicable sort ...

Janice
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2r7v5ua.jpg

Taken from this charming chortle to our leftist friends everywhere.

SaintLouieWoman
02-19-2013, 11:26 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2r7v5ua.jpg

Taken from this charming chortle to our leftist friends everywhere.

Now that's the Cheney that we all love. Personally I like this better than the one with the Vader thing covering part of his head, but dear SR likes the Vader bit. I like the Cheney unleashed pic better. :biggrin-new:

Janice
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Him and his daughter are both American treasures.

SarasotaRepub
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM

Thanks Janice!! That came out fantastic! I'll switch over to it shortly. :thumbsup:

SarasotaRepub
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Long live Darth Cheney!!!:vader:

SaintLouieWoman
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM

So is his wife, Lyn. I used to watch her many years ago on the McLaughlin Group. Her daughter is very much like the mom. Lyn would go toe to toe with the libs, a very bright woman.

Janice
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/118kot5.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/zknz2p.png

Heres another. After you changed the avy I noticed it seemed as though the eyes and mouth might could be aligned a little better. So I think I did that and I slightly rotated the head a tad to be more straight up and down. Anyways.. its another choice if you like. :)

Janice
02-20-2013, 09:36 AM
So is his wife, Lyn. I used to watch her many years ago on the McLaughlin Group. Her daughter is very much like the mom. Lyn would go toe to toe with the libs, a very bright woman.

Oh yes, your right. I remember now. What a family!

SarasotaRepub
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/118kot5.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/zknz2p.png

Heres another. After you changed the avy I noticed it seemed as though the eyes and mouth might could be aligned a little better. So I think I did that and I slightly rotated the head a tad to be more straight up and down. Anyways.. its another choice if you like. :)

Yeah, that one is a tad paler, perfect!! LOL!!!

linda22003
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Looks good, but think a sneering Cheney pic would be better. He looks too nice there. :biggrin-new:

So much so that I didn't recognize it as Cheney! :biggrin-new:

Chuck58
03-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Someone mentioned not knowing Dr Ben Carson's position on gun control.

When asked by Glenn Beck if people should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons, Dr. Benjamin Carson said: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it."

Dr. Carson added that if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, “I’ve no problem with that.”(Glenn Beck Show, March 1, 2013)

So basically, it's what he said - It depends on where you live.

SaintLouieWoman
03-17-2013, 08:40 PM
What gets me upset is Hannity having Rove on so much. I used to enjoy watching Hannity, but tend to avoid his program more. Dennis Miller on O'Reilly is great---and O'Reilly is more tolerable since he seems to be veering away from his sucking up to Obama. I guess he finally saw the light.

Sonnabend
03-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Rove is desperately trying to keep the limelight. His day is over, and as his recent jibes at the Tea Party, and his allegiance to the failed Republicans show, wont help him in the long run. His career is dead, what we are seeing is a last ditch attempt to keep it on life support.

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Rove is part of the problem.

Articulate_Ape
03-23-2013, 03:51 AM
SLW, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, et al, are all whores. They are on the right side for the most part, but their own popularity and the paycheck it brings is more important to them than anything, and everything they do is geared to promote that popularity. As such, they tend to get behind whomever they perceive to be winning the day. They will change allegiance if the facts on the ground change. For example, Hannity currently is doing a careful dance between being "supportive" of the Tea Party and being chummy with the old guard (e.g. Rove, McCain, Graham, et al). He will wait to see who seems to be prevailing before choosing sides. Most of the others I mentioned do much the same.

The only exception that I am familiar with is Mark Levin. He marches to his own drummer and is highly principled, IMHO. He has no problem vilifying the dead wood in the GOP and calling them on their failure to uphold conservative values. I am sure there are others out there, but I think the big three are just in business.

txradioguy
03-23-2013, 05:23 AM
With the exception of Rush you're correct abot some of the hosts just being in it as a business

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Articulate_Ape
03-25-2013, 05:17 AM
With the exception of Rush you're correct abot some of the hosts just being in it as a business

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Please. Rush invented the business.

txradioguy
03-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Please. Rush invented the business.

No...not really. It was around long before him. He's just the one that saved if from the likes of Larry King Sally Jessee Raphael Dr. Toni Grant and Dr. Dean Edell.

His was one of the first programs that brought it to the daytime and didn't relegate talk radio to latenight AM crap that you only listened to to keep you awake on a long drive.

And in reality...the first person to do the kind of talk that Rush et al are doing was Bob Grant.

NJCardFan
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
SLW, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, et al, are all whores. They are on the right side for the most part, but their own popularity and the paycheck it brings is more important to them than anything, and everything they do is geared to promote that popularity. As such, they tend to get behind whomever they perceive to be winning the day. They will change allegiance if the facts on the ground change. For example, Hannity currently is doing a careful dance between being "supportive" of the Tea Party and being chummy with the old guard (e.g. Rove, McCain, Graham, et al). He will wait to see who seems to be prevailing before choosing sides. Most of the others I mentioned do much the same.

The only exception that I am familiar with is Mark Levin. He marches to his own drummer and is highly principled, IMHO. He has no problem vilifying the dead wood in the GOP and calling them on their failure to uphold conservative values. I am sure there are others out there, but I think the big three are just in business.

You don't get O'Reilly then. He may have conservative leanings but he is critical of Republicans often. He's certainly no echo chamber. Also, if you want a good, young conservative radio guy, Andrew Wilkow is great. He's the reason I have sirius.

txradioguy
03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Andrew Wilkow is great. He's the reason I have sirius.

The guy is awesome.