PDA

View Full Version : Farrakhan Urges Black Americans to Collectively Purchase Land…

Rockntractor
02-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Feb. 25, 2013 11:26am Billy Hallowell

The Minister Louis Farrakhan, 79, delivered his annual Saviors’ Day sermon on Sunday. As is usually the case, the three-hour address covered a variety of topics ranging from current events to the faith leader’s contentious views on race relations. Of particular note was an economic plan he posited — one in which African Americans would come together to invest in land — and a pledge to reach out to gang leaders to ask them for assistance in protecting the Nation of Islam’s interests.

The Saviors’ Day address is generally a mixture of sermon and lecture. The event commemorates the founding of the Nation of Islam, which has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since the 1930s. When President Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the resounding tone of the convention was jubilant, but Obama’s re-election took a back seat Sunday as Farrakhan said blacks still had to rely on themselves, and not leaders, to improve their situation.
More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/25/farrakhan-urges-black-americans-to-collectively-purchase-land-and-wants-to-recruit-gang-members-to-protect-it/

Novaheart
02-25-2013, 11:21 PM
He has been pushing land ownership for a long time. There is a cultural myth amongst black people (due in no small part to leaders and teachers repeating it) that there was a great theft of land from black people.

http://www.mamiwata.com/trick.html

For generations, black families passed down the tales in uneasy whispers: ''They stole our land.''
These were family secrets shared after the children fell asleep, after neighbors turned down the lamps - old stories locked in fear and shame.

Of course if you read the article, there is precious little to support the claim and it's completely devoid of context.

NJCardFan
02-26-2013, 12:23 AM
He's just taking D'Mite's advice: "Buy some land, buy some land(what) Fuck spinnin' rims"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

Starbuck
02-26-2013, 01:30 AM
He has been pushing land ownership for a long time. There is a cultural myth amongst black people (due in no small part to leaders and teachers repeating it) that there was a great theft of land from black people.

http://www.mamiwata.com/trick.html

For generations, black families passed down the tales in uneasy whispers: ''They stole our land.''
These were family secrets shared after the children fell asleep, after neighbors turned down the lamps - old stories locked in fear and shame.

Of course if you read the article, there is precious little to support the claim and it's completely devoid of context.
Why is it that land belonging to a black family in Mississippi is referred to as "our land" by a family in Miami?

LukeEDay
02-26-2013, 08:03 AM
He also wants to align with Islamic fanatics .... He is a nutcase racist...

SarasotaRepub
02-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Team up with gangs...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!!!

Maybe Colin Powell can lend them some of his military expertise...

LukeEDay
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Team up with gangs...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!!!

Maybe Colin Powell can lend them some of his military expertise...

Farrakhan is a true whack job. Major whack job ...

noonwitch
02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Land ownership can be a good way to invest one's money, depending on what he or she is going to do with the land.

Farrakahn is a nut job. He and Muhammed Ali (whom I wish would disassociate himself from the NOI/Farrakahn) own a lot of land in Berrien Springs, MI, near Benton Harbor/St. Joseph.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe Louie wants to form a collective and start growing cotton.............................Doh!

DumbAss Tanker
02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Collectively buying land would lead to some epic infighting and feuds.

I hope they listen to him...

:evil-grin:

NJCardFan
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I thought Africa belonged to the blacks? Why doesn't he organize them to buy land there?

Novaheart
02-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Why is it that land belonging to a black family in Mississippi is referred to as "our land" by a family in Miami?

There is a lack of context to the entire meme. Refusal to consider context is hardly exclusive to black people, but it is essential to many of their complaints.

For example: it isn't difficult to find black people who hold a grudge owing to the belief that slave labor was stolen labor and what is to them a logical presumption that had they been paid, they would have built wealth. It is often pointless to counter this belief with the fact that slaves were indeed paid (records of allowances paid (Thomas Jefferson, George Washington) as well as records of earnings in side work (Frederick Douglass, George Purnell) and that white field hands and house servants pretty much only made food, clothing, and shelter with no excess or wealth building. I am often surprised at how few black people there are who have actually read The Slave Narratives and disappointed that so many seem satisfied to read opinions and summaries rather than source materials.

So you have black people who say "They stole our labor." who disregard that the poor whites working the land of the wealthy died with nothing to show for it.

So you have black people saying "They stole our land." when countless white people had their land appropriated for roads and development as well. I happen to know about that one personally, because US 13 runs over the place where my great great grandfather's (mental picture Col. Sanders) house once stood. Trust me, he wasn't paid a lot of money for it, even though to many it would look (from a distance) like Oak Alley Plantation. Up close it would look like an old farm house in need of renovation.

Even so, if it would make them feel better I think we ought to open up some homestead land for blacks under the same rules it was available for whites.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Even so, if it would make them feel better I think we ought to open up some homestead land for blacks under the same rules it was available for whites.

I'm against reparations in any format.

But just for grins, how would you decide who qualifies? Would you have to be full black or would Bronco qualify? Would it be based on skin color alone or would you have to have proof of slave ancestors? Could they have been slaves in any country? Wouldn't using the same rules for homesteading that applied to whites be racist?

LukeEDay
02-27-2013, 09:59 AM

But just for grins, how would you decide who qualifies? Would you have to be full black or would Bronco qualify? Would it be based on skin color alone or would you have to have proof of slave ancestors? Could they have been slaves in any country? Wouldn't using the same rules for homesteading that applied to whites be racist?

Due like they do with Indian tribes. Do a genealogy test and a DNA test. Make the requirements be that they have to be have a certain percentage of DNA to match their ancestors.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Due like they do with Indian tribes. Do a genealogy test and a DNA test. Make the requirements be that they have to be have a certain percentage of DNA to match their ancestors.

But what if your slave ancestor blood was tainted with caucasian blood? Shouldn't that be a disqualifier or at least require pro-rating based on impure lineage?

Novaheart
02-27-2013, 12:10 PM

I am opposed to giving people money for some generic wrong done to their ancestors by my ancestors. I don't see the homestead in the same light. Black people by and large did miss out on the homesteading as a direct result of their legal non-status in the US. To open up some new homestead land, or better promote that which exists, UNDER THE SAME RULES would not be reparations in my book. Yes, it's an attempt to correct an historical disadvantage, but it requires work and dedication or you don't get the land.

As for who qualifies, let's keep it simple: Every citizen of the US. I'm thinking also that if we are going to give "path to citizenship" to the Mexicans here illegally, we might offer them homesteads as well. Not because I am particularly fond of Mexicans or illegal aliens, but I am given to believe that if we offer land to the migrant workers here in the US, the family farm might be reborn and agribusiness shaken up. Anyway, it's unlikely to happen, but before getting too defensive about black homesteading think of how it would build a better black community. That's quite different from reparation strategies.

Novaheart
02-27-2013, 12:11 PM
But what if your slave ancestor blood was tainted with caucasian blood? Shouldn't that be a disqualifier or at least require pro-rating based on impure lineage?

Are you playing, or do you have a sound objection to homesteading?

Bailey
02-27-2013, 12:13 PM

To them it doesn't matter, if you are darker then an Italian the US somehow or in someway screwed your people and deserve a butt load of money. One of the benefits of a broke country is that we have no money to give to them.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Are you playing, or do you have a sound objection to homesteading?

Both.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I am opposed to giving people money for some generic wrong done to their ancestors by my ancestors. I don't see the homestead in the same light. Black people by and large did miss out on the homesteading as a direct result of their legal non-status in the US. To open up some new homestead land, or better promote that which exists, UNDER THE SAME RULES would not be reparations in my book. Yes, it's an attempt to correct an historical disadvantage, but it requires work and dedication or you don't get the land.

As for who qualifies, let's keep it simple: Every citizen of the US. I'm thinking also that if we are going to give "path to citizenship" to the Mexicans here illegally, we might offer them homesteads as well. Not because I am particularly fond of Mexicans or illegal aliens, but I am given to believe that if we offer land to the migrant workers here in the US, the family farm might be reborn and agribusiness shaken up. Anyway, it's unlikely to happen, but before getting too defensive about black homesteading think of how it would build a better black community. That's quite different from reparation strategies.

First of all, homesteading in this context would be reparations. Period.

Second, if there were to be a homestead act for blacks then there would have to be another gubmint agency and thousands more beauracrats.

Third, there's already a sort of homestead/reparations act for blacks. It was the result of Pigford vs Glickman: http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_29166.php.

Fourth, lets be real. If you were to give every black and illegal mex in the country the proverbial 40 acres and a mule, 98% of it would end up in the hands of white 'carpetbaggers' within two years.

TVDOC
02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Question for Nova: Where is this land to be homesteaded to come from?

Before you answer, consider that 92% of the tillable land in the US is owned privately, and 80% of it is owned "free and clear", so there is no available farmland to give away......National Parks, forests, and wilderness areas, wetland and wildlife preservation areas perhaps?, Alaska? Mojave nuclear testing range?, Military bases?

The government doesn't really own farmland, or land that could be ultimately be turned into productive land.......they gave it away a century ago......that ship has sailed.......

Or do you propose taking it away from it's present legal owners?

I think it is long past time to tell blacks to either "get with the rest of us" or get the hell out.......we're weary of hearing them whining about their sorry (self-induced) problems.

When it comes to blacks in America the "80/20" rule" applies in reverse........

20% of American blacks are productive, educated, articulate, citizens, raising families, building careers, running businesses (including farming), and generally participating in the "American dream" along with the rest of us....

80% of American blacks are parasites.....uneducated, criminal, unemployable, useless, dependent scum......we don't need to listen to them, or be concerned about their welfare, they are on their own in my book.......

doc

txradioguy
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM

What about slave blood tainted with American Indian blood?

Guess who some of the largest slaveholders in the Deep South were prior to the U.S. Government moving them to a reservation in the Oklahoma Territory?

Guess who even today refuses to allow blacks who can trace their ancestors to Slave/Indian relationships to be placed on the rolls of that Indian nation?

I mean if they REALLY want to talk about reparations and not just use it as an excuse to "get whitey"...shouldn't ALL former slave holders have to pay?

Novaheart
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Fourth, lets be real. If you were to give every black and illegal mex in the country the proverbial 40 acres and a mule, 98% of it would end up in the hands of white 'carpetbaggers' within two years.

That's why I said it had to be done under homestead rules. Generally speaking, homesteading requires something like working ten years on the land before you get clear title. It's also doubtful that any homestead land would be all that desirable that Ryland Homes is waiting to snap it up.

Novaheart
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Question for Nova: Where is this land to be homesteaded to come from?

I was thinking Oklahoma. But seriously, you're probably correct that homesteading in the traditional sense and rules would be impractical at this point. Even if we're talking about 40 acres and restrictions on leasing, we're still talking about a considerable investment for a home, barn, and machinery.

When it comes to blacks in America the "80/20" rule" applies in reverse........

20% of American blacks are productive, educated, articulate, citizens, raising families, building careers, running businesses (including farming), and generally participating in the "American dream" along with the rest of us....

80% of American blacks are parasites.....uneducated, criminal, unemployable, useless, dependent scum......we don't need to listen to them, or be concerned about their welfare, they are on their own in my book.......

doc

I think that is your perception but that the statistics don't bear that out. While blacks are 12.6% of the population and commit over half of the violent and property crimes, it's actually a fairly small percentage of repeat offenders who do most of that.

While it's true that blacks are hugely disproportionately on welfare, to the tune of 35% of the black population if I recall correctly, to say that 80% of them are parasites would seem to be an exaggeration. The girl that works at McDonald's may well be living in public housing and eating food stamp food, but she's working. A great many of the maids you see standing at bus stops in DC are working under the table, and getting benefits, but they are working.

txradioguy
02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
I was thinking Oklahoma.

Can't. The Cherokee Nation has purged them from their rolls.

Unreconstructed Reb
02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
That's why I said it had to be done under homestead rules. Generally speaking, homesteading requires something like working ten years on the land before you get clear title.

The problem with the above is that it is clearly racist. It is a slap in the face to all of the proud African-Americans with slave ancestry and bonafide slave blood coursing through their veins. To make it truely an apology for slavery land should be taken from whites, preferably Southrons, and distributed to proud African-American families. For example, Ted Turner, a Southron whose wealth surely must have been obtained on the backs of proud African-Americans, owns approximately 2 million acres of land in the US. Now, considering that blacks account for approximately 14% of the US population and assuming that 80% of these blacks have bonafide slave blood, and that the average family is 4 units, that leaves us with 8.4 million qualified families. Divide Ted's 2 million acres by 8.4 million and that would give each family 0.25 acres. They could each build a house on their quarter acre and create the worlds largest proud African-American subdivision.

Novaheart
02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
The problem with the above is that it is clearly racist. It is a slap in the face to all of the proud African-Americans with slave ancestry and bonafide slave blood coursing through their veins. To make it truely an apology for slavery land should be taken from whites, preferably Southrons, and distributed to proud African-American families. For example, Ted Turner, a Southron whose wealth surely must have been obtained on the backs of proud African-Americans, owns approximately 2 million acres of land in the US. Now, considering that blacks account for approximately 14% of the US population and assuming that 80% of these blacks have bonafide slave blood, and that the average family is 4 units, that leaves us with 8.4 million qualified families. Divide Ted's 2 million acres by 8.4 million and that would give each family 0.25 acres. They could each build a house on their quarter acre and create the worlds largest proud African-American subdivision.

Ted Turner's land is in Montana or Wyoming isn't it? If we were to move 8.4 million black households to Montana, the Russian and Chinese would be on the TV saying 'See, they do it too!"

Unreconstructed Reb
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Ted Turner's land is in Montana or Wyoming isn't it? If we were to move 8.4 million black households to Montana, the Russian and Chinese would be on the TV saying 'See, they do it too!"

That was just an example. There are plenty of other evil white land owners whose land should be returned to its rightful owners, i.e., the proud African-Americans whose ancestors toiled 24/7 under the yoke of oppressive slavery and whose backs this country was built on.

DumbAss Tanker
02-28-2013, 03:34 PM

That I could live with, the problem is they'd turn a perfectly fine state into a giant version of Detroit when they elected their predatory, thieving race pimps to run it.