PDA

View Full Version : Missouri bank employee shoots robber to stop heist

Rockntractor
03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times
A 34-year-old Missouri man was shot in the face Friday after he tried to rob a bank while wielding a toy gun.

The suspect, Michael Oliva, entered Security Bank in Trimble, Mo., Friday afternoon wearing a black mask and holding a realistic plastic gun replica, the police report states.

SPECIAL COVERAGE: Second Amendment and Gun Control

Mr. Olivia pointed the “gun” at a bank employee and demanded she empty her teller drawer. Not knowing the gun was fake, she dropped to the floor and began crawling toward another bank employee shouting for help.
Read More>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/missouri-bank-employee-shoots-robber-stop-heist/
A brilliant career as a bank robber likely over, apparently they were able to save face.

PeterS
03-05-2013, 05:44 PM
By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times
A 34-year-old Missouri man was shot in the face Friday after he tried to rob a bank while wielding a toy gun.

The suspect, Michael Oliva, entered Security Bank in Trimble, Mo., Friday afternoon wearing a black mask and holding a realistic plastic gun replica, the police report states.

SPECIAL COVERAGE: Second Amendment and Gun Control

Mr. Olivia pointed the “gun” at a bank employee and demanded she empty her teller drawer. Not knowing the gun was fake, she dropped to the floor and began crawling toward another bank employee shouting for help.
Read More>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/missouri-bank-employee-shoots-robber-stop-heist/
A brilliant career as a bank robber likely over, apparently they were able to save face.

So you mean the employee didn't need a semi-automatic weapon to defend herself? And here I thought gun control was going to leave us defenseless. Guess not...

Rockntractor
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
So you mean the employee didn't need a semi-automatic weapon to defend herself? And here I thought gun control was going to leave us defenseless. Guess not...

One size does not fit all, I prefer a revolver myself some like shotguns, and some like automatics.

patriot45
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM

Are you stupid or just an idiot? It didn't matter if the guy had a CC semi-automatic pistol or revolver. He had it and thats what counts.

Rockntractor
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Are you stupid or just an idiot? It didn't matter if the guy had a CC semi-automatic pistol or revolver. He had it and thats what counts.

Remember when we thought Wei Wei was the epitome of stupid, this blithering idiot makes him sound like a genius.

patriot45
03-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Remember when we thought Wei Wei was the epitome of stupid, this blithering idiot makes him sound like a genius.

Wei Wei and eyelids what a pair! And now this one, hope she hangs around for a while!:evil-grin:

LukeEDay
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
How long until they arrest the bank employee for shooting a defenseless bank robber in the face? I bet it happens, I bet it does ...

Rockntractor
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
How long until they arrest the bank employee for shooting a defenseless bank robber in the face? I bet it happens, I bet it does ...

They already past that stage and said no charges would be filed. It is a shame the guy lived.

patriot45
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
I just looked at a map and Trimble is just a wide spot by a highway! Frontier Justice!

PeterS
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM

If it didn't matter, and it didn't, why all the fuss over banning semi-automatics?

patriot45
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
If it didn't matter, and it didn't, why all the fuss over banning semi-automatics?

So you are an idiot. I never made any fuss I was just happy until the loony left (you) wanted to ban them.

PeterS
03-05-2013, 07:17 PM
So you are an idiot. I never made any fuss I was just happy until the loony left (you) wanted to ban them.

So your only objection to banning semi-automatic weapons is that the left wanted it? That sounds pretty idiotic to me...

patriot45
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
So your only objection to banning semi-automatic weapons is that the left wanted it? That sounds pretty idiotic to me...

I WANT NO BANS AT ALL. I wrote it slow and loud so you could follow.

ReinMan
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Either by ignorance or a desire to be willfully obtuse, PeterS has completely missed the fact that by strict definition, revolvers that have double-action trigger operation (almost all of them), are functionally semi-automatic.

One trigger pull=one shot. The revolver reloads the chamber by rotating the cylinder into alignment with the bore with each shot. It also cocks the hammer during the start of trigger stroke.

Reloading the chamber, and cocking the hammer are all achieved mechanically, without manual operation, with each trigger pull.

That's semi-automatic function.

patriot45
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Either by ignorance or a desire to be willfully obtuse, PeterS has completely missed the fact that by strict definition, revolvers that have double-action trigger operation (almost all of them), are functionally semi-automatic.

One trigger pull=one shot. The revolver reloads the chamber by rotating the cylinder into alignment with the bore with each shot. It also cocks the hammer during the start of trigger stroke.

Reloading the chamber, and cocking the hammer are all achieved mechanically, without manual operation, with each trigger pull.

That's semi-automatic function.

Really the only difference would be the amount of times you can pull the trigger and have rounds come out! :cool:

Novaheart
03-05-2013, 08:52 PM

Because, there is no significant distinction between the operation of a revolver and that of a semi-automatic. Every time you pull the trigger you fire a bullet... if you are strong enough to pull the trigger on the revolver without cocking it. My mother is 84 years old, she can no longer pull the trigger on her revolver, so she got a 9mm and she can pull the trigger with ease.

The functional difference is that a revolver weighs as much as a small child and doesn't fit in your pocket as nicely as a Ruger or KelTec.

Oh,and because the Second Amendment says, "Shall not be infringed you fucking moron you!"

JB
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
So you mean the employee didn't need a semi-automatic weapon to defend herself? And here I thought gun control was going to leave us defenseless. Guess not...Go sell it in Chicago.