PDA

View Full Version : New drug 'could help humans live until they are 150'

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 12:31 AM
New drug being developed using compound found in red wine 'could help humans live until they are 150'

Drugs are synthetic versions of resveratrol, found in red wine
Research shows drugs which could prevent cancer and diabetes now viable
Medication can be taken topically or orally
No drugs yet developed to target aging skin

By Lucy Crossley

PUBLISHED: 15:48 EST, 10 March 2013 | UPDATED: 16:40 EST, 10 March 2013

Drugs that could combat ageing and help people to live to 150-years-old may be available within five years, following landmark research.

The new drugs are synthetic versions of resveratrol which is found in red wine and is believed to have an anti-ageing effect as it boosts activity of a protein called SIRT1.

Pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline has been testing the medications on patients suffering with medical conditions including cancer, diabetes and heart disease.

The work proves that a single anti-ageing enzyme in the body can be targeted, with the potential to prevent age-related diseases and extend lifespans.
Read More>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2291254/New-drug-developed-using-compound-red-wine-help-humans-live-150.html
There was a time when I would read something like this and think wow how amazing, this is great, But not anymore.
Our government with it's new health control would prefer the population die well before 80, of course our new ruling class would like something like this for themselves but will likely do anything they can to keep it away from the general population.

patriot45
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Not sure if I want to do 150 years! And I don't like wine. How long will I last with Vodka!?!:biggrin-new:

marv
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Not sure if I want to do 150 years! And I don't like wine. How long will I last with Vodka!?!:biggrin-new:

ME TOO --- Count me in!

Years ago, I decided that 75 would be a good time to begin to exit. Grandpa made it to 90. Dad lived to 91, and I saw what aging did to him. IMHO, depending on physical conditions, a useful life ends pretty much in the seventies.
I'll be 75 in November.......:evil-grin:

Senility, alzheimer's, crippling arthritis, or any variety of age related diseases and conditions just aren't worth waiting for.......http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/images/smilies/friendly_wink.png

linda22003
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
My father is hale and hearty at 92, but he's also not afraid to go anytime. I can't imagine 150. We'd have to work until at least 100 in order not to outlive our money.

Madisonian
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Just a government ploy to raise the Social Security and Medicare age up to 125.
Takes care of all that talk about the viability of the system after 2038.

Hawkgirl
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
We'd have to work until at least 100 in order not to outlive our money.

The unintended consequence.

I'm in the minority but I'll take 150.

Odysseus
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
The unintended consequence.

I'm in the minority but I'll take 150.

Same here. Mrs. O and I had kids late in life, and I'd love to be around for our great-grandchildren's weddings.

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Same here. Mrs. O and I had kids late in life, and I'd love to be around for our great-grandchildren's weddings.

I dunno, in a 100 years there is no telling what they will be marrying.

marv
03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I dunno, in a 100 years there is no telling what they will be marrying.

I agree.

I grew up in what I think of as the "Greatest Years" of America, the forties and fifties. Things started downhill in the sixties, and except for eight years with Reagan, we continue to slide. I'm pessimistic about any future we have left.

Odysseus
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Right, like they're going to give great grandpa a heart attack by marrying the livestock... :rolleyes: