PDA

View Full Version : Judge halts mayor's soda ban, calls it 'arbitrary and capricious'

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
By DAVID SEIFMAN and JULIA MARSH
Last Updated: 6:22 PM, March 11, 2013
Posted: 11:56 AM, March 11, 2013

A state judge today put a cork in City Hall's plans to ban Big Apple restaurants and other venues from selling large sugary drinks -- a bubble-bursting defeat for Mayor Bloomberg, who has made public health a cornerstone of his tenure.

Before the stunning ruling by New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling, restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues, convenience stores and other places regulated by the city's health department would have been prohibited -- starting tomorrow -- from selling sugary drinks of more than 16 ounces.

Read More>http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mayor_bloomberg_believes_themselves_enfmR96eplT88T yLQInuoI

JB
03-11-2013, 09:42 PM
That's a shame.

The Nanny is appealing it, of course.

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
That's a shame.

The Nanny is appealing it, of course.

He doesn't have the qualifications to make those decisions and even if he was qualified he doesn't have the right. WTF is wrong with people today?

JB
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
He doesn't have the qualifications to make those decisions and even if he was qualified he doesn't have the right. WTF is wrong with people today?You mean the ban, the appeal of his loss or both?

No, he can't just implement the ban, especially when it's not uniform. He is appealing though. Just another Democrat squandering taxpayer money.

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM
You mean the ban, the appeal of his loss or both?

No, he can't just implement the ban, especially when it's not uniform. He is appealing though. Just another Democrat squandering taxpayer money.

He is an idiot to appeal it but then again if you get the right liberal group judges on any given day and there is no telling what kind of ruling you can get, who knows his money may buy judges.
this whole idea of being the health commandant is far beyond the scope of mayor, i can't believe we have come to the point where we are even discussing such a matter in this country, especially a city the size of New York.
This crap has already cost 100 of thousands of dollars to businesses without even being implemented.
businesses should be allowed to sue for the damages this has caused.

patriot45
03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
He is an idiot to appeal it but then again if you get the right liberal group judges on any given day and there is no telling what kind of ruling you can get, who knows his money may buy judges.
this whole idea of being the health commandant is far beyond the scope of mayor, i can't believe we have come to the point where we are even discussing such a matter in this country, especially a city the size of New York.
This crap has already cost 100 of thousands of dollars to businesses without even being implemented.
businesses should be allowed to sue for the damages this has caused.

He shouldn't even be the mayor! He bought himself an extra illegal term. I am soo glad I moved outa NY! As I sip on my 144 oz MT dew!!! :evil-grin:

Bailey
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
There was a line where he said "its the govt's job to show us whats in our best interests" just makes me sick.

Rockntractor
03-11-2013, 10:31 PM
He shouldn't even be the mayor! He bought himself an extra illegal term. I am soo glad I moved outa NY! As I sip on my 144 oz MT dew!!! :evil-grin:

I have a 52 oz Bubba keg and 72 oz Bubba keg for summer, I even spike my soda with extra caffeine to make it worse for you.

Bloomberg can eat my shorts!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/13724293_zps20a2fca3.jpg

Odysseus
03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
There was a line where he said "its the govt's job to show us whats in our best interests" just makes me sick.

Government can show us all it wants, but it can't compell us to follow what it thinks are our best interests. That's what he doesn't get.

I have a 52 oz Bubba keg and 72 oz Bubba keg for summer, I even spike my soda with extra caffeine to make it worse for you.

Bloomberg can eat my shorts!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/forums/13724293_zps20a2fca3.jpg

Not if they are made with transfats, he can't. :evil-grin: