PDA

View Full Version : Re OJ Simpson: Cops make BAD foot in mouth mistake

Sonnabend
09-27-2008, 04:29 AM
This is not how you win cases (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24410664-2,00.html)

OJ Simpson jury hears 'gleeful' police

From correspondents in Las Vegas

September 27, 2008 01:53pm

JURORS at OJ Simpson's robbery and kidnapping trial today were played recordings of gleeful Las Vegas police celebrating the disgraced sport's star imminent arrest last year.Oh, well done folks....great way to prove your case..:rolleyes:

Police investigators preparing to detain the American football legend could be heard swearing about Mr Simpson and implying they were pleased to be arresting him because he had been acquitted in 1995 of murdering his wife and her friend.

Police officials could also be heard referring to Mr Simpson as a "jackass,'' "dirtbag,'' and "sxxxbag.Open mouth, insert feet. Old adage, if you do not wish a thing heard, do not say it

They also made a joke about Mr Simpson's defence team in his murder trial, quoting the line from Mr Simpson's famed lawyer Johnnie Cochran, saying: "Hey, if the glove don't fit then you must acquit.''

According to the transcript, the following exchange occurred between Las Vegas Metropolitan police Lieutenant Clint Nichols and LVPD crime scene analyst Clint Perkins:

Nichols: "Uh, he's gonna get arrested.''

Perkins: "Who, who's gonna get arrested?''

Nichols: "OJ''

Perkins: "Oh, good.''

Later, Perkins says: "You're just pickin' on him cause you're mad about the verdict (in the murder case).''

Nichols: "Yep.''IDIOTS.

If the CSI on the case has been heard to be biased, there is now grounds to question what evidence there is, there is grounds to exclude any evidence as tainted, because the offices in charge have admitted bias.

How does the jury now know that the evidence hasn't been fabricated?

You never, NEVER, NEVER, make comments like that, because the moment you do, the door is open to charges of falsified evidence and perjury by the investigating officers.

If the case is a slam dunk, then there is no reason to open your yaps..there goes any chance of a fair trial. Whether you think he is guilty or not...this was fucking unprofessional at best....grounds for dismissal at worst.

The tape was made by Mr Simpson's friend Thomas Riccio, who alerted Mr Simpson to memorabilia items of his being sold at a hotel and was in the room during the alleged robbery. He left a recorder running on top of a dresser and it was not detected by police.A CSI who didn't notice an active recorder? My assessment of this man's ability just went down a few more notches..rule number one you check the ENTIRE scene, and you collect any and ALL evidence.

The fact he didnt see it now makes me wonder what else he missed.

If I was on a jury, that'd be a question I'd ask.

The recording was played in court by defence lawyers today during cross-examination of a witness as the prosecution case prepared to wind down its case as the trial ended its third week.Oh the jury will LOVE this....:rolleyes:

Mr Simpson, 61, faces a dozen charges of armed robbery and kidnapping that could land him in prison for life if convicted.

He is accused of leading a gang of gun-toting men into a Las Vegas hotel room last September to confront two sports memorabilia dealers who were selling items Mr Simpson claimed had been stolen from him.

Four men involved in the heist have struck plea deals that will see them testify against Mr Simpson, who is on trial with another man, Clarence Stewart.

And now the defence can ask what those deals entailed, whether there was any police intervention, whether the statements were coerced or "verballed"...and if these witnesses were not adduced to give their evidence in order to convict the defendant regardless of the facts of the case.

In other words: IS there now evidence to ask if he is being framed?

One of the most famous American football players of his generation during a glittering 1970s career, Mr Simpson was the prime suspect in the brutal murders of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman.

Mr Simpson, who has always vehemently denied the killings, was acquitted of murder after a racially charged Los Angeles trial in 1995, a verdict that was greeted with widespread outrage across America.

Mr Simpson was subsequently found liable for the deaths in a 1997 civil suit and was ordered to pay damages to the victims' families totalling $US33.5 million ($40.18 million).

A separate case...as I understand your law, the other case means nothing, as this one has to be tried under its own merits.

I believe he is innocent until proven guilty, as is our law. These cops just made the defence's job a hell of a lot easier.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.....

LogansPapa
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
The police just as well could have stayed at the station. This won't end well. If OJ does go to jail for any amount of time - he'll just be a con's hero. This is what we've become, and I have no idea how Ron Goldman's father gets out of bed every morning and actually allows that to see yet another sunrise.

AmPat
09-28-2008, 01:57 AM
If this had been either of my daughters, OJ would be begging the judge to put him in a maximum security prison.:mad: Just as there are some folks just need killing, there are some things worth risking prison.:cool:

FlaGator
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
The police just as well could have stayed at the station. This won't end well. If OJ does go to jail for any amount of time - he'll just be a con's hero. This is what we've become, and I have no idea how Ron Goldman's father gets out of bed every morning and actually allows that to see yet another sunrise.

Goldman is fueled by his hatred and that is a very sad thing to see. It must be a sad and lonely existence to only have your hate for company.

GrumpyOldLady
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
OJ got away with double murder - of two white people.
Now he'll get away with his most recent illegal activities.

Even if he went to jail for these - he's still been a free man since he murdered two people.

Justice has not, and will not, be served while he is alive.