PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bouncy

expat-pattaya
09-28-2008, 01:22 AM
So,,,,, no this was a real one :D

I was in my hang out, the local guitar store, chatting with the guys. Owner is there, me, and a guy who is a friend and sometimes does some guitar electronics repairs for the owner.

Anyway, I am whining about why Rangel isn't being tossed out (this is before they started an investigation) and why that guy with the $90,000 in his freezer is still in office and if they were repunlicans they would have been ejected. And I want them GONE. ALong with all the other worthless scum that caused this economic problem. It was a pretty good rant if I say so myself :D

The pal says yeah, and lets impeach Bush while we are at it. Whoa. So I ask on what grounds. He says lying. Now I might not have been placating in my response cause I am tired of the nonsense you can impeach a president just because. I said you can't impeach a president for lying. And he left. Quickly.

Whatever. I thought he was already heading out and didn't think much about it.

Today, I discover through a mutual friend, that he won't be hanging at the store anymore. Now, I really didn't want that to happen. The mutual friend told him its all words and he is free to believe what he wants. Maybe he'll calm down. I don't know. I mean, what could I do, agree with impeaching the prez for lying? I don't know. If he had just said Bush sucks I could have lived with that. Opinions are one to a customer and Bush isn't my favorite politician these days.

I'm guessing he spends time on some of the leftist blogs. Those places poison minds. Very sad.

expat-pattaya
09-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Isn't anyone going to help me with my feelings of guilt? Or was I a complete asshole.

Hmmm, maybe. :rolleyes:

wilbur
09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I said you can't impeach a president for lying. And he left. Quickly.

Tell that to Bill Clinton

Shannon
09-28-2008, 03:13 PM

Wait, he lied under oath, right?:rolleyes:

And the "Bush lied" mantra is worn out.

MrsSmith
09-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Wait, he lied under oath, right?:rolleyes:

And the "Bush lied" mantra is worn out.

Since Pres. Bush did not lie, it's no wonder that mantra is getting old. As a lie about a non-existant lie, it's gotten plenty of mileage already.

expat-pattaya
09-28-2008, 07:26 PM

NOW I know why it annoyed me so much when he said that. Is everyone from the extreme left so stupid as to equate lying with perjury? Not the same thing.
:mad:

wilbur
09-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes, while I'll agree with others distaste for the stupid little catch phrase of "Bush lied, people died", there is a nugget of truth behind it... namely that it is silly to judge the wrongness of a lie based solely on its legal classification (ie, perjury or not perjury).

Furthermore, AFIAK there are no hard coded impeachable offenses... what exactly constitutes an impeachable offense is subject to the whims of congress (hence investigations over blowjobs). So yea... the president can be impeached for lying (whether under oath or not), or pretty much any other reason.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
(hence investigations over blowjobs).

And that exposes you ignorance of the whole situation. He was impeached for giving false testimony. He was lying in a court in order to deny justice to another citizen.

THAT is not JUST lying. It is undermining the very foundation of our justice system.

biccat
09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
NOW I know why it annoyed me so much when he said that. Is everyone from the extreme left so stupid as to equate lying with perjury? Not the same thing.
:mad:

namely that it is silly to judge the wrongness of a lie based solely on its legal classification (ie, perjury or not perjury).

I think you have your answer.

Sonnabend
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
namely that it is silly to judge the wrongness of a lie based solely on its legal classification (ie, perjury or not perjury).

Wilbur.

PERJURY is lying under oath. It is a felony.

President Bush did not lie and even (hypothetically) if he did, he was not under oath, so he cannot be charged with perjury.

Does that help the little grey cells?