PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers Reach Tentative Bailout Deal

LibraryLady
09-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Lawmakers Reach Tentative Bailout Deal

Top U.S. policy makers emerged from hours of tense negotiations with a clear message just after midnight Sunday morning: A deal to bailout U.S. financial markets has been agreed on and all that remains to be done is to commit the legislation to paper.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.), were flanked by key negotiators in the Capitol as they announced that a $700 billion plan to have Treasury buy up toxic assets had been all but finalized after hours of exhausting negotiations.

"I think we're there," an exhausted Mr. Paulson said, a sentiment echoed in the statements of negotiators such as House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank (D., Mass.) and Senate Banking Committee head Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.).

snip (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122257682963083173.html)

SarasotaRepub
09-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Sounds like they dropped the ACORN shit...

linda22003
09-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes, and they're not just handing over the whole pile of money and not asking any pesky questions, as the original Paulson/Bush plan wanted. :rolleyes:

GrumpyOldLady
09-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson,

He had a huge grin on his face.
Like a kid in a candy store.
I could hear his little brain working overtime ...
'money .. money .. money ... ohhhh .... goodie'

RED
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Somehow ... I knew they would find a way to would pass the bailout. I'm psychic that way. :eek:

Sonnabend
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm psychotic that way.

Fixx0red :D

AmPat
09-29-2008, 04:00 AM
House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank (D., Mass.)

Senate Banking Committee head Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.).

Is it fair to ask that these two should have known something?

Also, has the Sec Treas. resigned yet? If not, why not?

What are the plans to pay back the taxpayers for this Communist piece of legislation?

Am I now a part owner of some banks?

Will I be expecting some stock certificates in the mail soon?