PDA

View Full Version : Feds penalize Georgia for refusing child sex survey

Janice
05-27-2013, 03:35 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/ehgdid.jpg

Feds penalize Georgia for refusing child sex survey

ATLANTA — Georgia stands to lose $1.8 million in health-related funding because state officials refuse to participate in a federal survey that asks students from seventh grade through high school questions about their sexual histories.

The sex questions are part of a nationwide survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Georgia hasn’t allowed them to be asked in its public schools since the 1990s.

Three other states — Louisiana, Utah and Virginia — joined Georgia in opting out of the teen sex survey last year.

Now the participation comes with money attached. For the first time the federal government has tied completing the questionnaires to $1.8 million in grants for programs aimed at preventing HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases,

A spokesman for Gov. Nathan Deal said the governor was uncomfortable about letting the government ask students as young as 12 about whether they use condoms and how many sexual partners they have had.

“Many Georgia parents would object to public schools asking their seventh-grade child these questions, and Governor Deal agrees with them,” said Deal spokesman Brian Robinson. “We don’t think that federal funds for programs should be cut based on the use of these questions, but Governor Deal will refuse federal funds if they come (tied) to policies that run contrary to Georgia values.” >>>

The survey asks high school students whether they have ever had a sexual encounter, how many partners they’ve had, whether they use condoms and whether they drank alcohol or used drugs before intercourse. >>>

IndependentMail (http://www.independentmail.com/news/2013/may/25/feds-penalize-georgia-for-refusing-child-sex/)

The Fed Govt has no business snooping around in our personal lives if we have committed no crime and they have no evidence of probable cause that a crime has been committed, BUT, how in the world are we going to institutionalize sexual perversion as a "favored" and protected "class" if they dont?

noonwitch
05-28-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't see where the penalty is.

Some states chose not to participate and administer a survey about 7-12 grader's sexual histories . The money is for programs related the needs revealed by the survey-HIV/STD education, pregnancy education, and so on.

If a state opts out of the program, they don't get the money for said program. That's their right.

SaintLouieWoman
05-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Who would answer that truthfully? With the abuse of power shown by the snooping and wiretaps of the press and the IRS snooping question, it would be foolish for young people to honestly answer those questions that will stay on their record forever. I personally wouldn't trusts the feds wit that info if I were a kid. If those funds are needed, they should be given for the programs with no strings attached. But the problem is with the fed money, there are always strings.

NJCardFan
05-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I always said that political correctness was going to be the downfall of this country and it appears that I am right.