PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Legalizes Shooting Cops

Apocalypse
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Hold onto your holsters, folks: shooting a cop dead is now legal in the state of Indiana.

Governor Mitch Daniels, a Republican, has authorized changes to a 2006 legislation that legalizes the use of deadly force on a public servant — including an officer of the law — in cases of “unlawful intrusion.” Proponents of both the Second and Fourth Amendments — those that allow for the ownership of firearms and the security against unlawful searches, respectively — are celebrating the update by saying it ensures that residents are protected from authorities that abuse the powers of the badge.

Others, however, fear that the alleged threat of a police state emergence will be replaced by an all-out warzone in Indiana.

Under the latest changes of the so-called Castle Doctrine, state lawmakers agree “people have a right to defend themselves and third parties from physical harm and crime.” Rather than excluding officers of the law, however, any public servant is now subject to be met with deadly force if they unlawfully enter private property without clear justification. ..

http://rt.com/usa/indiana-shooting-law-state-591/

This is a bad move.

noonwitch
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree that it's a bad move, yet I understand the reasoning behind it, after situations like the one currently on trial in Detroit, in which a little girl was killed by a cop during a raid. I believe the girl was in a lower flat and the guy DPD was after was in the upper flat, but I'm not sure if the house was a two family flat or a single unit home. Ultimately, though, there was a fugitive in the building who was wanted for gunning down an innocent kid in a store parking lot because the kid allegedly dissed him.

Apache
06-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it's such a bad idea, that in the year since this story was written NO COPS WERE SHOT! :rolleyes:
Published time: June 11, 2012 17:31
Edited time: June 11, 2012 21:31

Novaheart
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I agree that it's a bad move, yet I understand the reasoning behind it, after situations like the one currently on trial in Detroit, in which a little girl was killed by a cop during a raid. I believe the girl was in a lower flat and the guy DPD was after was in the upper flat, but I'm not sure if the house was a two family flat or a single unit home. Ultimately, though, there was a fugitive in the building who was wanted for gunning down an innocent kid in a store parking lot because the kid allegedly dissed him.

The girl was in the first floor of a two unit dwelling which resembled your typical farm house. However, everyone in that building was related and the bottom line is that the girl wouldn't be dead if the grandmother had run a safe and legal house. The man they were looking for was the boyfriend of the little girl's scumbag aunt and was himself wanted for the murder of a teenager.

Even so, I think it could have been handled better. Surely there was some way to surround the house and get granny and baby out before having a showdown with the bad guy. It seems the police were trying to avoid a showdown and got worse in the bargain.

Novaheart
06-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Hold onto your holsters, folks: shooting a cop dead is now legal in the state of Indiana.

This is a bad move.

You should be able to shoot anyone who comes crashing through your door in the middle of the night. Period.

If the police have business with you, they can knock on the door during daylight hours and announce their warrant.

DumbAss Tanker
06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
if they unlawfully enter

The hysterically-inclined are apparently also bad at reading comprehension.