PDA

View Full Version : Your Whiteness is Showing

Elspeth
06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
This article is trashing women who are not voting for Obama as--you guessed it--RACIST. LOL!!!:D (You think they'd pick another tactic, but I guess playing the race card has worked really well up until now.)

Enjoy...

[/URL]

An Open Letter to Certain White Women Who Are Threatening to Withhold Support from Obama in November
Your Whiteness is Showing

By TIM WISE

This is an open letter to those white women who, despite their proclamations of progressivism, and supposedly because of their commitment to feminism, are threatening to withhold support from Barack Obama in November. You know who you are.

I know that it's probably a bad time for this. Your disappointment at the electoral defeat of Senator Hillary Clinton is fresh, the sting is new, and the anger that animates many of you--who rightly point out that the media was often sexist in its treatment of the Senator--is raw, pure and justified.

That said, and despite the awkward timing, I need to ask you a few questions, and I hope you will take them in the spirit of solidarity with which they are genuinely intended. But before the questions, a statement if you don't mind, or indeed, even if (as I suspect), you will mind it quite a bit.

First, for those of you threatening to actually vote for John McCain and to oppose Senator Obama, or to stay home in November and thereby increase the likelihood of McCain winning and Obama losing (despite the fact that the latter's policy platform is virtually identical to Clinton's while the former's clearly is not), all the while claiming to be standing up for women...

For those threatening to vote for John McCain or to stay home and increase the odds of his winning (despite the fact that he once called his wife the c-word in public and is a staunch opponent of reproductive freedom and gender equity initiatives, such as comparable worth legislation), all the while claiming to be standing up for women...

[URL="http://www.counterpunch.org/wise06072008.html"]Read the rest (http://www.counterpunch.org/wise06072008.html)

SaintLouieWoman
06-11-2008, 10:14 PM
That insulting, patronizing drivel will insure that the Hillary supporters won't vote for Obama. When all else fails, use the race card. :rolleyes:

Elspeth
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
That insulting, patronizing drivel will insure that the Hillary supporters won't vote for Obama. When all else fails, use the race card. :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. The one thing that often works on Democratic women, especially if they are feminists, is guilt. Don't ask me why. Remember when the Los Angeles feminist organizations like NOW and Fund for the Feminist Majority kept completely QUIET during the OJ Simpson case? Here is a guy who has murdered his ex-wife (whom he is on record for having abused) and murdered a bystander who came by with a pair of glasses. The guy is rich, a football player, and was stalking Nicole before he finally got his chance to murder her.

So what do the "feminist" organizations do? They sit on their hands. They say nothing. Because the defendant is black, and they don't want to appear racist. Meanwhile another woman, a victim of domestic violence, is not only brutally murdered but denied justice. This kind of "feminist" will cave at an article like this. Fortunately those of us who are real feminists, who actually believe in rights for women regardless of race and regardless of the race of the man they are married to, are not going to cave.

Goldwater
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
My whiteness is showing? I thought I tucked it in this morning.

Elspeth
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM

LOL!!!!!!!

I love it.

Here is the email I sent the author:

Mr. Wise:

After reading your article, I realize that I have made the right decision not to vote for Obama. Let me explain my reasoning.

First, I ask myself if a woman of ANY color would be able to run for President on Obama's very limited resume. The answer is no. Then I ask myself how many times I have been accused of being racist just for supporting Hillary Clinton during the primaries: too many to count. I have been accused of being a white supremacist, a racist, a potential Obama assassin, an asshole, a bitch and many, many, other things. All for supporting Clinton during the primary.

To me, this article is just another example of the "false-flag racism" that has spewed forth from this campaign. Remember Biden and "articulate?" Biden calls Obama articulate and Biden gets smeared as a racist. His campaign is over before it begins. The Obama campaign has followed the same strategy with Clinton, her supporters and anyone else who wants to question Obama's qualifications.

What is now boils down to is, no matter what I do, unless I vote for Obama I will be called racist. So, I have nothing to lose. Once I realize that a vote for ANYONE other than Obama is a "racist" vote, regardless of who I am as a person or what I have done in this lifetime to support the Democratic party, then I have a kind of freedom. I can really start to think about what would be best for the country, not just best for my party. And I have a lot choices.

Real racism exists and the I am morally opposed to it, but this "false-flag racism," which essentially political opportunism, is an insult to the real thing and a bullying tactic.

AlmostThere
06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I felt the need to get nauseated so I hopped over to DailyKos. They are having a cow over there because Fox ran a banner under M.Obama with the words Obama's baby mama. I read on the Kos that Fox is disgusting, racist, you name it. I was curious where Fox got that expression, so I Googled it. At Cafepress, whoever has the merchandising rights for Obama t-shirts, has an entire line of Obama Baby Mama apparel. If I were to guess I'd say the Obama campaign is behind the "Obama Baby Mama" moniker. I'd tell the folks over at the Kos but they're having such a good time getting pissed off. :p

Elspeth
06-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I felt the need to get nauseated so I hopped over to DailyKos. They are having a cow over there because Fox ran a banner under M.Obama with the words Obama's baby mama. I read on the Kos that Fox is disgusting, racist, you name it. I was curious where Fox got that expression, so I Googled it. At Cafepress, whoever has the merchandising rights for Obama t-shirts, has an entire line of Obama Baby Mama apparel. If I were to guess I'd say the Obama campaign is behind the "Obama Baby Mama" moniker. I'd tell the folks over at the Kos but they're having such a good time getting pissed off. :p

LOL!!

Didn't Michelle call Obama her "Baby Daddy?" Someone here has the info.

Gingersnap
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Tim Wise is one of the more barking of the current White Uncle Toms involved in academic Whiteness Studies.

If 'Whiteness' studies had not happened, he would be advising heterosexual women to broaden their sexual experiences by visiting the barnyard. :rolleyes:

Zathras
06-12-2008, 12:09 AM

And here I thought someone saw me with my shirt off.