PDA

View Full Version : Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving 'The View' for Fox News

Apocalypse
07-10-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/hasselbeck_ditching_the_view_for_zPGmkrTnzUauIUpKI MaCXJ

ELISABETH Hasselbeck is leaving “The View” and joining Fox News’ morning show “FOX and Friends” as a co-host, Page Six has exclusively confirmed.

After much speculation, conservative co-host Hasselbeck is following Barbara Walters and Joy Behar out of the ABC daytime talk show.

She will join Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade on the Fox couch in mid-September.

-------------

Two things about this.

1. I will be watching Fox and Friends more. Great move here.

2. The View is likely in a death spiral now as they will likely replace her with a rabid lib who will make it 4 rabid libs all spewing the same far left ideas that no one wants to watch.

linda22003
07-10-2013, 12:12 PM
"The View" is certainly a good reason to have a day job. Most of daytime TV qualifies.

jediab
07-10-2013, 12:31 PM
If she is to join Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade where is Gretchen going?

NJCardFan
07-10-2013, 03:54 PM

My guess would be taking Megyn's 1pm slot as Megyn goes to prime time.

Apocalypse
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM

Megyn Kelly is moving to primetime after she returns from maternity leave.

Gretchen Carlson will now take Megyn Kelly's current time slot of one hour some where in the 1-3 pm area.

Hasselbeck is taking over Gretchen's spot.

Looks like Jenny McCarthy or Brooke Shields may replace Hasselbeck on the view. Brooke Shields is very conservative. Jenny McCarthy actually has written for Town Hall.

Generation Why?
07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Looks like Jenny McCarthy or Brooke Shields may replace Hasselbeck on the view. Brooke Shields is very conservative. Jenny McCarthy actually has written for Town Hall.

I wonder how long until Jenny would bring up that whole "Vaccines cause autism" BS

Odysseus
07-10-2013, 07:15 PM

Brooke Shields is Catholic, but not conservative. She contributed to the Obama campaign in 2008, and she's believed to be a Democrat. Jenny McCarthy doesn't really have a political outlook, except for her wingnut theories about vaccines. Neither of them is remotely conservative, and even if one of them were, that would still put the overall ratio of liberal:conservative at 4:1. Throw in the usual Hollywood liberal guests, and the ratio onstage at any given time is 5:1. If conservatives want to really make a point, we should announce that anything other than a 50:50 political divide is another example of leftist media bias, and hiring a token pseudo-conservative to be the punching bag for the leftist harpies on the show is unacceptable.

NJCardFan
07-10-2013, 11:12 PM
The funny thing is, Liz is already a beautiful woman but even more so in that kennel called the View. Oh, and of course the lefties are imploding...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/elisabeth-hasselbeck-leaves-the-view_n_3573751.html

noonwitch
07-11-2013, 09:51 AM
My guess would be taking Megyn's 1pm slot as Megyn goes to prime time.

That's a good move for Gretchen. Doocy and Kilmeade are dumbasses who drag her down. She's too smart for their show.

Odysseus
07-11-2013, 09:52 AM
The funny thing is, Liz is already a beautiful woman but even more so in that kennel called the View. Oh, and of course the lefties are imploding...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/elisabeth-hasselbeck-leaves-the-view_n_3573751.html

It's funny how they disparage Fox news, but then watch a piece of mindless fluff like the View. BTW, the article had this interesting point: "Walters warned that the show would not be filling Hasselbeck's slot 'very soon.'" I other words, they don't have any plans to find another conservative. It's going to be even more of a liberal echo chamber for the foreseeable future.

Apocalypse
07-11-2013, 11:50 AM
It's funny how they disparage Fox news, but then watch a piece of mindless fluff like the View. BTW, the article had this interesting point: "Walters warned that the show would not be filling Hasselbeck's slot 'very soon.'" I other words, they don't have any plans to find another conservative. It's going to be even more of a liberal echo chamber for the foreseeable future.

I'm not going to argue the echo chamber aspect. To me its been that way already as Hasselbeck has been muted too long.

But my take on filling her spot on the show not being "Very Soon", Walters was caught off gaurd by this. I don't think she or even the producers even really knew Hasselbeck was leaving till recently.

With two others walking out as well. Their hurting on mouth pieces to sit there and gab.

Unreconstructed Reb
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
That's a good move for Gretchen. Doocy and Kilmeade are dumbasses who drag her down. She's too smart for their show.

If she's so smart why did she spend 10 years being abused, bullied and shouted down by mental midgets like Whoopie and Joy?

Elspeth
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
If she's so smart why did she spend 10 years being abused, bullied and shouted down by mental midgets like Whoopie and Joy?

Paying her dues. And remember, the more Whoopie and Joy yelled at her, the better she looked.

Unreconstructed Reb
07-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Paying her dues. And remember, the more Whoopie and Joy yelled at her, the better she looked.

I disagree. I tried watching that show once. Liz would try to make a rational, civil argument but all she got was bullied and shouted at by three screaming harpies to the complete and total delight of the audience. My opinion is that to sit there for 10 years with a hostile audience and moron panel members isn't too bright. She was just the token conservative used as a whipping boy and, in my opinion, that don't look good.

Elspeth
07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I disagree. I tried watching that show once. Liz would try to make a rational, civil argument but all she got was bullied and shouted at by three screaming harpies to the complete and total delight of the audience. My opinion is that to sit there for 10 years with a hostile audience and moron panel members isn't too bright. She was just the token conservative used as a whipping boy and, in my opinion, that don't look good.

I disagree. She may not have gotten the conservative viewpoint across to the liberal stooges in the New York audience, who would, let's face it, clap for dog shit if it was labeled "progressive". But many TV viewers heard her and resented the screechy voice of Joy Behar and the mumbling, unfunny interjections of the farting Whoopie. There will be female viewers who will no longer watch The View once Elizabeth has left.

Hasselbeck was one of the few hosts with enough emotional energy to sustain interest--for women from both sides of the aisle. Without her, the show tends to fall very flat. Even liberals will be bored with just the aging Babs (who is leaving), Whoopie and Sheri (sp?) who are predictable and uninteresting to listen to, and the annoyingly banal "guest hosts" who have been appearing lately, as Joy is also leaving.

The only thing that can save this show is an energized conservative foil for these uninteresting liberals to play against. Jenny McCarthy may fit the bill better than Brooke Shields in that regard. Brooke comes off as too polite. Actually, I think the View should get McCarthy and replace Joy with the equally screechy Kathy Griffin. (Griffin will bring in the gay male audience, and she has a well-known history of actually being banned from the show several times, which could be quite amusing.) What I'd love to see is someone like Sarah Palin holding down the conservative fort on that show, but that's just my own preference. :friendly_wink: