PDA

View Full Version : A 51st State?

Apocalypse
07-12-2013, 11:27 AM
AKRON, Colo. (CBS4) – There’s a growing effort to create a 51st state out of parts of northeast Colorado.

Ten counties, including Weld and Morgan, started talking about seceding last month. Now some people Lincoln and Cheyenne counties say they want to join a new state they’d call “North Colorado.”

Organizers of the secession effort say their interests are not being represented at the state Capitol. Representatives from the 10 counties held a meeting on Monday in the town of Akron in Weld County to begin mapping the boundaries for the new state they say will represent the interests of rural Colorado.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/09/effort-to-create-new-state-called-north-colorado-grows/

Unreconstructed Reb
07-12-2013, 12:26 PM
AKRON, Colo. (CBS4) – There’s a growing effort to create a 51st state out of parts of northeast Colorado.

Ten counties, including Weld and Morgan, started talking about seceding last month. Now some people Lincoln and Cheyenne counties say they want to join a new state they’d call “North Colorado.”

Organizers of the secession effort say their interests are not being represented at the state Capitol. Representatives from the 10 counties held a meeting on Monday in the town of Akron in Weld County to begin mapping the boundaries for the new state they say will represent the interests of rural Colorado.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/09/effort-to-create-new-state-called-north-colorado-grows/

I think the most sane solution would be to create 51 separate, independent republics and dismantle the welfare/warfare/police state.

NJCardFan
07-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I think the most sane solution would be to create 51 separate, independent republics and dismantle the welfare/warfare/police state.

That's what we were supposed to be. It's laid out in the Constitution in the 9th and 10th Amendments. The federal legislature was never meant to make laws pertaining to the states. A congress critter in New Hampshire or a senator in Montana were never meant to make policy decisions for New Mexico or any other state. This is the entire point of state governors and state legislators, to govern themselves. The minute the federal government starting making decision for all states was the minute this country ceased to be a Constitutional republic and started being an elected monarchy with 50 little fiefdoms.

LukeEDay
07-12-2013, 01:08 PM
They tried this with southern California and it went no where ...

Unreconstructed Reb
07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
That's what we were supposed to be. It's laid out in the Constitution in the 9th and 10th Amendments. The federal legislature was never meant to make laws pertaining to the states. A congress critter in New Hampshire or a senator in Montana were never meant to make policy decisions for New Mexico or any other state. This is the entire point of state governors and state legislators, to govern themselves. The minute the federal government starting making decision for all states was the minute this country ceased to be a Constitutional republic and started being an elected monarchy with 50 little fiefdoms.

Exactly. A return to our roots is the only solution for maintaining the liberty that was won from the British tyrants. I used to be optimistic that we could elect conservative representatives to the federal government who would reverse the plunge towards totalitarianism but I've finally let go of that and conclude that the federal beast has to slain. However, I realize that, with a country full of idiots and FSA troops and with the imminent prospect of amnesty for twenty million plus criminals being added to the welfare roles, we're doomed. Think about the irony of this: we now have an American seeking asylum in Russia for exposing the criminal, unconstitutional activities of the federal beast.

ralph wiggum
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
I think downstate Illinoisans would like to create their own state as well.

Rockntractor
07-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I think downstate Illinoisans would like to create their own state as well.

When you look at the conservative vs liberal politicalmaps you know it would make a big difference if the conservatives could break away and form their own states, this could be an answer.
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politics/2013/02/what-makes-some-cities-vote-democratic/4598/