PDA

View Full Version : Vandals splash paint on Lincoln Memorial

SarasotaRepub
07-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Wonderful!!! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/lincoln-memorial-vandalized-with-green-paint/2013/07/26/b48a3e32-f5da-11e2-a2f1-a7acf9bd5d3a_story.html)

By Maggie Fazeli Fard (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/local/maggie-fazeli-fard/2012/02/03/gIQAxPXHFT_page.html), Updated: Friday, July 26, 9:20 AM

The Lincoln Memorial (http://www.nps.gov/featurecontent/ncr/linc/interactive/deploy/index.htm#/introduction)was shut down Friday morning after vandals splashed the statue of the nationís 16th president and the marble floor around it with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.

Police are reviewing surveillance footage from the popular tourist attraction on the west end of the Mall, but so far they have released no information about who may have been responsible or the motivation for the attack.

Authorities believe the vandalism happened about 1:30 a.m. The National Park Service will work to clean up the paint, police said, and the memorial will be closed to the public until cleanup is complete.

NJCardFan
07-26-2013, 12:27 PM
If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd bet that the perps fell on the left side of the political ledger. No doubt the green stands for greed but in reality it stands for envy.

SaintLouieWoman
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd bet that the perps fell on the left side of the political ledger. No doubt the green stands for greed but in reality it stands for envy.

I'm sure if they could be identified as Tea Partiers or any vaguely conservative, they'd have the headines blaring with the news.

Odysseus
07-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Has anyone on DU admitted to doing it yet?

SarasotaRepub
07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Has anyone on DU admitted to doing it yet?

Still checking...:biggrin-new:

Artois
07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Sad and shameful.

Novaheart
07-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Sometimes a vandal is simply a vandal.

Artois
07-26-2013, 03:06 PM

...and at the end of the day, I'd say that's likely all it was.

Odysseus
07-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Sad and shameful.

...and at the end of the day, I'd say that's likely all it was.

Or, it could be one of those bitter former Confederates who is still smarting after having to give up his sword in 1865. I'm sure that some of them are still around, right? :rolleyes:

Artois
07-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Or, it could be one of those bitter former Confederates who is still smarting after having to give up his sword in 1865. I'm sure that some of them are still around, right? :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's entirely possible by your math, shrugs.

Elspeth
07-26-2013, 03:38 PM

They'd be 180 or so by now. You know anybody that old?

Artois
07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
They'd be 180 or so by now. You know anybody that old?

No I do not. Nor have I implied otherwise.

Elspeth
07-26-2013, 03:47 PM

No I do not. Nor have I implied otherwise.

It's certainly possible to read your comment that way. What did you really mean to say?

Artois
07-26-2013, 03:53 PM
It's certainly possible to read your comment that way. What did you really mean to say?

What I meant to say, was exactly what I typed. It was a response, to the quote which preceded it. Perhaps you're not grasping that the previous poster was the one who implied such. Perhaps you're not grasping that it was a jest in response to that assertion. Once again, shrugs.

Elspeth
07-26-2013, 11:29 PM
What I meant to say, was exactly what I typed. It was a response, to the quote which preceded it. Perhaps you're not grasping that the previous poster was the one who implied such. Perhaps you're not grasping that it was a jest in response to that assertion. Once again, shrugs.

Yes, I know it was a response to what came before and I know what Ody was implying. It was a joke for him, but it struck me that you had taken him in a different way. So. the question I had is what you did you mean by it?

That's all.

I think we're done, because, at this point, I no longer care. :star:

NJCardFan
07-26-2013, 11:49 PM

I guess you missed the rolling eyes smiley at the end of Ody's remark? Also, it's Washington, D.C.. Hard to believe it's "just a vandal". No one takes a crap in D.C. without there being political implications to it.