PDA

View Full Version : Best How to keep election fair

LibraryLady
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
this may go downhill but I have wanted to see someone post this at DU. this is NOT MY MOLE!!!

2004renew (14 posts) Tue Sep-30-08 05:33 PM
Original message
How you can keep this election fair. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7259121)

No matter what state you reside in you can help in keeping
this election fair. Check locally to volunteer to be a poll
watcher on election night. You must stay out of the way of
the paid poll workers BUT just your presence there will help
keep this polling location on the level. Check with your
Secretary of State ahead of time to see if there are any
restrictions that you need to keep in mind. People - go out
of you way to help make this a win for Barack and work to
make this election fair.

Iowa poll watcher

Perfect. Become a certified poll watcher. Check your voter registration. (forget the Barrack part!) Don't go to the polls prepared to fight, go prepared to vote.

HAVA changed a lot of things and you need to make sure your registration is correct.

Fergus
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Typically the DUmmy gets it wrong.

If you want to affect the election the first thing you need is a viable candidate.

If you cant find one of those, (yep, they are hard to find) you might want to consider working your neighborhoods. Get people registered and most importantly, get them to the voting booth on election day.

If you cant do any of those things then you might want to make a donation to the DU, get yourself a big yellow star and start bitching about stolen elections. Also, don't forget the 9-11 forum.

GrumpyOldLady
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
If you want a fair election then how about starting off with fair moderators at the debates?

VP debate mod in the tank for obama (http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/30/a-debate-%e2%80%9cmoderator%e2%80%9d-in-the-tank-for-obama/)

linda22003
10-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Did you mind Jim Lehrer moderating the first one?

FDK
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
go out of you way to help make this a win for Barack and work to make this election fair.

It's only fair if Barry wins. DUmmie(ACORN) logic all the way.

LibraryLady
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I said "forget the Barack part". ;)

I just want people to realize the importance of working at the polls and doing it legally. My Mom and daughter are both working as commissioners this Saturday for the Louisiana primary (I am an alternate).

In Louisiana poll watchers must be certified in a class.

AmPat
10-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Want to keep elections fair? Keep DIMocRATS away or put adult supervision on them.:cool: