PDA

View Full Version : Fish stories

Rockntractor
08-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Researchers Race to Solve Mystery Behind Deaths of at Least 124 Dolphins Off East Coast
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — An unusually high number of bottlenose dolphins are dying off the East Coast this summer, the deadliest period for the sea mammals since a virus killed off more than 700 in the late 1980s, federal officials said Thursday.
Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/08/researchers-race-to-solve-mystery-behind-deaths-of-at-least-124-dolphins-off-east-coast/

Rockntractor
08-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Aug. 8, 2013 11:59pm Erica Ritz 33

Passengers riding on a Queens-bound N train in New York City Wednesday were shocked to discover a dead shark underneath one of the seats, according to multiple reports. There are few surprises left on New York City subways, but this seems to be a first.

“I thought it was just a plush toy or a prank,” passenger Juan Cano told CNN. “When I saw the teeth that’s I knew it was real, it was no toy.”

Isvett Verde, who took a number of pictures of the creature, told NBC 4 New York that the car smelled “extremely fishy,” adding: “I mean, I thought I’d seen it all, but even that was a bit much…I have no idea how it got there or how long it had been there.”
Gothamist also posted pictures it received of people posing next to the shark. It seems the creature was “decorated,” so to speak, with an energy drink near one fin, a metro card beneath the other, and a cigarette near its mouth.

A man named Juan Cano said he and his friends were the ones who gave the shark the card, “in case it needed to transfer.”

NBC 4 continues:

The MTA said the conductor ordered riders out of the car at Queensboro Plaza, and when the train arrived at the end of the line, the shark was placed in a garbage bag and put in the trash.

The MTA said the car was inspected and returned to service.
Read more>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/08/woman-thought-shed-seen-it-all-until-she-saw-a-shark-on-a-nyc-subway/

Okay, I'm thinking the shark brutally murdered 124 dolphins and then went to the subway to commit suicide, this was obviously racially motivated!