PDA

View Full Version : Why are liberals so rude to the right?

Odysseus
08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
From the Guardian, of all places.

Why are liberals so rude to the right?Too many people who lean left would rather crack nasty jokes than actually be liberal and listen to other views
Monday 27 May 2013 08.30 EDT

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/08/26/kennedywaving460.jpgSenator Edward Kennedy apologized to Richard Nixon for putting politics ahead of healthcare reform. Photograph: Reuters

Why is it that liberals feel no qualms about being rude? Far too many people who are perfectly polite and courteous, otherwise, think nothing of insulting you for not sharing their political opinions. They look at us with disdain, thinking we're unenlightened conservatives and never hesitating to say so.

As the lone conservative at the tennis courts, I cringe at the Sarah Palin jokes and the jabs at Mormons. When news came on 9/11 that planes had struck the World Trade Center, my partner commented that Bush would use it as an excuse to increase military spending. Bush, of course, is dumb – as are all Republicans (http://www.theguardian.com/world/republicans), and we're epitomized by Dan Quayle, whose spelling of "potatoe" (http://www.capitalcentury.com/1992.html) has entered historical canon. (Never mind Obama's telling us there are 57 states (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws), or having a meltdown without a teleprompter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULT8U2pzXWI)) And now it's Marco Rubio, caught drinking water (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/16/marco-rubio-water-bottle-moment). "Next time he'll forget to zip his fly," joked one of the guys. Mitt Romney changes his mind more often than he changes his underwear. Reagan had Alzheimer's when he made B movies, and Bonzo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedtime_for_Bonzo) had to feed him his lines. And would you believe, from a guy with a pathetic serve, this comment about the Clarence Thomas, justice of the supreme court: send him back to the plantation.

Liberals have no shame. A dinner guest in our home stood up at the table, clinked his wine glass and said, "It shows how stupid the American people are, they voted for Bush twice." He turned to me, smirking, and said, "I know you voted for him." A biochemist who had been too busy learning liberal doctrine instead of the basic manners of being a guest.

We also had dinner with a couple who spent the evening trashing Rudy Giulliani, claiming that the former mayor of New York had nothing to do with turning the city around, even though he took office in a crime-ridden city and stepped down when it was safe. It would have happened anyhow, they said. As we said goodnight in the driveway, one said with a grin, "We like you even if you are Republicans."
I once called up a friend before a trip down to Florida, and I told him I enjoyed driving and stopping at different places along the way, staying awhile to learn about the country outside of New York. "The red states," he said disdainfully. "Those pickup truck people have a lot of common sense," I said. Click. He had hung up the phone.

It isn't just the liberals I know personally who have no manners. It starts at the top. Dave Letterman welcomed Bill O'Reilly to his show by lashing into him, accusing him of dishing out crap. "Have you ever seen my show?" O'Reilly asked. "I wouldn't stoop so low," Letterman replied graciously (http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/billoreilly/a/billoreillycrap_2.htm), his audience howling.

And the Saturday Night Live cast found it hilarious to mock Greta Van Susteren by twisting their mouths in imitation of her appearance. Now that's liberal humor.

What can you expect, when you have Hillary Clinton regaling her worshippers with jokes like: "Mahatma Ghandi? Isn't he the fellow who runs that gas station in St Louis?"

It's cool to be rude if you're a liberal. But it isn't cool for the country.

Wouldn't it be better for America if liberals really were liberal, and listened to other points of view? Is prayer in public places really so awful? Isn't it possible to have legitimate concerns about the effects of gay marriage? Hasn't Sarah Palin earned some respect for her successful fight against corruption in Alaska? Perhaps the best response to global warming is to adapt to it, rather than spending billions to fight it. Think about it.

President Nixon proposed a healthcare plan that was blocked by Senator Ted Kennedy, and the senator later apologized for putting political interests ahead of the good of the country. He had not wanted Republicans to get credit for accomplishing something positive.

This is a critical time in America. Instead of taking sides we should be working together. Now is the time for liberals to emulate Ted Kennedy and, instead of automatically ridiculing conservatives for digging into questions about Benghazi (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/14/obama-irs-benghazi-reputation-tarnished), the IRS (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/23/irs-lois-lerner-tea-party) and the seizure of press records (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/14/associated-press-phone-records), help us find the truth – no matter what that might turn out to be.

NJCardFan
08-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Excellent article. Let's not forget Letterman wishing A-Rod would rape Palin's then 13 year old daughter.

Arroyo_Doble
08-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Seriously?

You might want to look around this site, Odie.

Rockntractor
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Seriously?

Aremo Dublow is butthurt

Generation Why?
08-27-2013, 10:44 AM
They are rude to the right for the same reeasons the right is rude to the left.

Lanie
08-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Seriously?

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I do think some conservatives do try to be more polite, but I think religion plays a role in that for some of them. Love your "enemy," don't hate on them. Either that or they were raised with that set of ideas. But honestly, way too many conservatives are hateful. They use the same reasoning that liberals use, that the other side is destroying the country and therefore shouldn't be treated with any respect.

Lanie
08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Aremo Dublow is butthurt

Just pointing out hypocrisy. Any forum that has a "Best and Worst of DU" forum or who is hateful to liberals everytime they talk needs to hush up in regards to liberals being mean to them. To be fair, Ody is one of the nicest conservatives I've seen on here. But honestly, a lot of the people are mean and nasty. They would never have room to talk. It's like pot meet kettle. lol.

noonwitch
08-27-2013, 01:05 PM
I forgot how polite the right always is. Like Dick Cheney telling a congressman "F*%k you". Like anti-abortion protesters screaming "murderer" at obgyns and their patients. Like Rush Limbaugh calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog when she was still a kid.

I know-if you believe abortion is murder, then it's okay to call a doctor who performs them a murderer. It's okay for Dick Cheney to tell a democrat congressman to f off because that congressman is an ahole. Rush was only joking, after all.

Extremes on either side are rude and stupid.

NJCardFan
08-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Just pointing out hypocrisy. Any forum that has a "Best and Worst of DU" forum or who is hateful to liberals everytime they talk needs to hush up in regards to liberals being mean to them. To be fair, Ody is one of the nicest conservatives I've seen on here. But honestly, a lot of the people are mean and nasty. They would never have room to talk. It's like pot meet kettle. lol.
There's a difference in shooting down someone like you who comes in here and pokes the dog with a stick than to make general statements including wishing death on someone. People like Bill Mahr for instance have said some vile things about Sarah Palin and has even sunk so far as to make fun of her son Trig who has downs syndrome. Wanda Sykes said she wanted Rush Limbaugh to get kidney failure. Janeane Garofalo frequently uses the term 'tea baggers'. I can go on but I think the point is made.

txradioguy
08-27-2013, 02:46 PM

So we're talking about how Liberals treat people on a national scale and you manage to make it all about you...again.

Get over yourself Bridget. And the same for the other three whining Libs in this thread.

If you get butt hurt because someone speaks directly and bluntly to you...thank your fellow Libtards and all of their politically correct speech control. They've rendered you incapable of taking even the slights criticism without screaming "I'm BEING ATTACKED!!!"...especially when someone disagrees with you.

Also if you don't like how you're talked to here...I suggest you take a look at the sign on the door. It says "Conservative Underground".

If you're an ignorant Libtard you shouldn't come in here and then expect people to be nice to you. IF you want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah go over to that secret little site you have where you whine about how myself and others are so mean to you.

Or go to NU...oh wait yeah...that's right. :rolleyes:

None of the Libtards here can find any example from the national stage to equate to the hate and vitriol hurled at Republicans by people that many of you LIBS voted for and support.

And I'll also point out the hypocrisy of you Libs using the "oh yeah well you do it too" retort since you want to bust our balls about it as being childish if one of us uses it.

txradioguy
08-27-2013, 02:49 PM
There's a difference in shooting down someone like you who comes in here and pokes the dog with a stick than to make general statements including wishing death on someone. People like Bill Mahr for instance have said some vile things about Sarah Palin and has even sunk so far as to make fun of her son Trig who has downs syndrome. Wanda Sykes said she wanted Rush Limbaugh to get kidney failure. Janeane Garofalo frequently uses the term 'tea baggers'. I can go on but I think the point is made.

Let's not forget the baseless accusation from Andrew Sullivan about Trig Palin being the result of incest.

Dan Savage and his Google search results for "Santorum".

The reference to Laura Bush as "pickles".

And pretty much anything that comes out of the mouth of anyone on air on MSNBC.

Odysseus
08-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Seriously?

Okay. And then you compare this site to DU or Daily Kos. I'll wait.

They are rude to the right for the same reeasons the right is rude to the left.
But not on the same scale. When was the last time that you saw campus conservatives heckle a liberal speaker? For that matter, when was the last time that a conservative speaker was allowed to speak at a college and not shouted down?

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I do think some conservatives do try to be more polite, but I think religion plays a role in that for some of them. Love your "enemy," don't hate on them. Either that or they were raised with that set of ideas. But honestly, way too many conservatives are hateful. They use the same reasoning that liberals use, that the other side is destroying the country and therefore shouldn't be treated with any respect.
The difference is that the rudeness described in the article is pervasive on the left. See my reply below.

I forgot how polite the right always is. Like Dick Cheney telling a congressman "F*%k you". Like anti-abortion protesters screaming "murderer" at obgyns and their patients. Like Rush Limbaugh calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog when she was still a kid.

I know-if you believe abortion is murder, then it's okay to call a doctor who performs them a murderer. It's okay for Dick Cheney to tell a democrat congressman to f off because that congressman is an ahole. Rush was only joking, after all.

Extremes on either side are rude and stupid.

Everything that you said is true, but you left out one thing; when each of the comments that you cited were made, there was massive criticism on both sides of the aisle, but you know that it's a one way street. Show me the liberal criticism of any of the incidents in the article that I posted. That's the difference.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
Sent from my android.

Lanie
08-27-2013, 11:48 PM

Because conservatives don't do stuff like that at all. They don't call people murderers for having abortions. They don't tell people to go fuck themselves. They don't call people whores for disagreeing about policy regarding birth control. They don't threaten people for suing a school district in a school prayer case. They don't spread rumors about liberal women being hateful lesbians (which in their mind, a lesbian in the worst thing on the planet). Oh now, conservatives never do anything harsh. Let me tell you something. If you hear more often about liberals doing stuff, it's because they're always in the media.

Conservatives never do anything like drag posts over here of people who act like they want to kill themselves and kick them while they're down. No, conservatives don't do anything that horrible. That's all liberals.

So we're talking about how Liberals treat people on a national scale and you manage to make it all about you...again.

Get over yourself Bridget. And the same for the other three whining Libs in this thread.

If you get butt hurt because someone speaks directly and bluntly to you...thank your fellow Libtards and all of their politically correct speech control. They've rendered you incapable of taking even the slights criticism without screaming "I'm BEING ATTACKED!!!"...especially when someone disagrees with you.

Also if you don't like how you're talked to here...I suggest you take a look at the sign on the door. It says "Conservative Underground".

If you're an ignorant Libtard you shouldn't come in here and then expect people to be nice to you. IF you want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah go over to that secret little site you have where you whine about how myself and others are so mean to you.

Or go to NU...oh wait yeah...that's right. :rolleyes:

None of the Libtards here can find any example from the national stage to equate to the hate and vitriol hurled at Republicans by people that many of you LIBS voted for and support.

And I'll also point out the hypocrisy of you Libs using the "oh yeah well you do it too" retort since you want to bust our balls about it as being childish if one of us uses it.

Secret site? What is it? www.liberalconspiracy.com?

You keep bringing up that this is a conservative website, but two points.

1) A website that creates a website targeting a liberal website has no business complaining if a liberal comes over and tells them they're in the wrong. As far as I'm concerned, you (generic you) is asking for it. It's common sense. Talk shit about liberals and some are bound to come over here.

2) Is conservative a synonym for hateful bastard? Because that's what you're saying when you use the excuse of it being a conservative board to excuse ANY shitty behavior on the part of a conservative.

Oh wait, I have a third point.

This thread is about how mean liberals are to conservatives. You know I've always had a deep, deep hatred for hypocrisy. At least you should know how much I hate it since you act like you know me better than anybody else on here. "Lanie/Bridget is just pulling your leg. She's trying to trick you! Don't let you do it! Beware! I know her better than the rest." lol.

Lanie
08-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Okay. And then you compare this site to DU or Daily Kos. I'll wait.

All three sites suggest that if you're not like them, then you're the enemy. I've even seen on both DU and CU where people who weren't quite on the same thinking level as them (but on their side of the aisle) were accused of not being a true liberal or conservative. I've seen both sites say really hateful stuff about people who aren't like them.

But not on the same scale. When was the last time that you saw campus conservatives heckle a liberal speaker? For that matter, when was the last time that a conservative speaker was allowed to speak at a college and not shouted down?

I do remember a conservative movement to try to defund PRIDE on my college campus years ago. I have seen conservatives come and challenge a liberal speaker in public. They weren't shouted down to told to shut up. The only conservative I know of that got shouted down was Anne Coulter. That's literally a woman who has suggested that we bomb countries and force them to convert to Christianity. She's literally said that we should execute a treasonous liberal just to prove they can be killed (forget justice, let's just scare liberals). This wasn't exactly Rand Paul. This is a woman who gets high off of the idea of hating on people.

I did hear once that Madelyn Albright came to visit a place just to see signs saying "Go Home." lol.

Everything that you said is true, but you left out one thing; when each of the comments that you cited were made, there was massive criticism on both sides of the aisle, but you know that it's a one way street. Show me the liberal criticism of any of the incidents in the article that I posted. That's the difference.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
Sent from my android.

I think the criticism is about the same on both sides. I remember people saying it was wrong to insult Sarah Palin's child along with other things. I was one of the people who said that, NOT that it was noticed by conservatives. I do remember conservatives occasionally saying it was wrong to call somebody a murderer or to say other hateful stuff, but honestly that was mostly in church and that's mostly when it's brought up. If you ask a conservative about certain things, they will condemn it, but it's not very vocal IMO. That's probably what you're seeing with the left. They're not being vocal enough.

NJCardFan
08-28-2013, 01:17 AM
They don't call people murderers for having abortions.

Because killing someone that is not a threat to you IS murder. Tell me, what's the difference between killing a child in the womb and killing a child outside the womb?

txradioguy
08-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Because conservatives don't do stuff like that at all. They don't call people murderers for having abortions. They don't tell people to go fuck themselves. They don't call people whores for disagreeing about policy regarding birth control. They don't threaten people for suing a school district in a school prayer case. They don't spread rumors about liberal women being hateful lesbians (which in their mind, a lesbian in the worst thing on the planet). Oh now, conservatives never do anything harsh. Let me tell you something. If you hear more often about liberals doing stuff, it's because they're always in the media.

Again Bridget...focus. This was talking about on the national level. Politicians.

You're bringing this down to the level here...and again...about you as always.

Can you stick to the topic in the OP for once?

Conservatives never do anything like drag posts over here of people who act like they want to kill themselves and kick them while they're down. No, conservatives don't do anything that horrible. That's all liberals.

See my response above.

You keep bringing up that this is a conservative website, but two points.

1) A website that creates a website targeting a liberal website has no business complaining if a liberal comes over and tells them they're in the wrong. As far as I'm concerned, you (generic you) is asking for it. It's common sense. Talk shit about liberals and some are bound to come over here.

Same applies for DU right? Or KOS or HuffPo? Or is this another case of Liberals can say/do anything but Conservatives need to just STFU ad not reply/defend themselves?

2) Is conservative a synonym for hateful bastard? Because that's what you're saying when you use the excuse of it being a conservative board to excuse ANY shitty behavior on the part of a conservative.

Again, ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room and defending your old stomping grounds. Some things never change...just like when you used to defend Skinner while claiming you weren't defending him and denying you were a member at DU.

You want this to be a one way bash fest and never hold Liberals accountable. 99.9% of the time things said by Conservatives are in response to an initial attack by some idiot Liberal. But you Libs always ignore the initial attack and focus on what is said in reply and make THAT the only thing said.

Oh wait, I have a third point.

I'm surprised it's only 3. :rolleyes:

This thread is about how mean liberals are to conservatives. You know I've always had a deep, deep hatred for hypocrisy. At least you should know how much I hate it since you act like you know me better than anybody else on here. "Lanie/Bridget is just pulling your leg. She's trying to trick you! Don't let you do it! Beware! I know her better than the rest." lol.

No this thread was about how Liberals, on the NATIONAL level treat Conservatives/Republicans.

YOU brought this down to a personal level and made it about you.

And ummm...look around...I'm not the ONLY one that says those things. There's a LOT of people here that say the same thing. People that have been here as long as you and know how you are.

Now do you have anything to say about the OP and how things go on the National level or is this just another "look at me" moment for you?

txradioguy
08-28-2013, 01:52 AM
All three sites suggest that if you're not like them, then you're the enemy. I've even seen on both DU and CU where people who weren't quite on the same thinking level as them (but on their side of the aisle) were accused of not being a true liberal or conservative. I've seen both sites say really hateful stuff about people who aren't like them.

And yet Liberals are allowed to stay here and no Conservative is even allowed to post at DU without masking their identity.

I do remember a conservative movement to try to defund PRIDE on my college campus years ago.

Link?

I have seen conservatives come and challenge a liberal speaker in public. They weren't shouted down to told to shut up.

Link?

The only conservative I know of that got shouted down was Anne Coulter.

That's because they don't get invited...or the Liberal hate groups on campus organize and make such a hostile environment for the invited speaker that they withdraw.

So that's why you never hear of others getting shouted down...they decide it's better for their personal safety if they don't show up.

That's literally a woman who has suggested that we bomb countries and force them to convert to Christianity. She's literally said that we should execute a treasonous liberal just to prove they can be killed (forget justice, let's just scare liberals). This wasn't exactly Rand Paul. This is a woman who gets high off of the idea of hating on people.

Imagine that...taking what she said out of context. How liberal...and typical of you.

I did hear once that Madelyn Albright came to visit a place just to see signs saying "Go Home." lol.

She probably didn't realize they were for her.

I think the criticism is about the same on both sides. I remember people saying it was wrong to insult Sarah Palin's child along with other things. I was one of the people who said that, NOT that it was noticed by conservatives. I do remember conservatives occasionally saying it was wrong to call somebody a murderer or to say other hateful stuff, but honestly that was mostly in church and that's mostly when it's brought up. If you ask a conservative about certain things, they will condemn it, but it's not very vocal IMO. That's probably what you're seeing with the left. They're not being vocal enough.

This is typical pap from a Liberal to try and soften the hateful things said by the left on a daily sometimes hourly basis against and about Conservatives...with a dose of "so do you" tossed in because you just can't help yourself. It totally ignores and dumbs down the severity of the invective hurled at one side by the other.

They (Liberals) are allowed to say the most hateful racist homophobic things as long as their target is a Conservative/Republican. It's a true ends justifies the means scenario.

Wibbins
08-28-2013, 08:45 AM
The left see the right as pure evil incarnate

The right sees the left as good people, but incredibly stupid

Why else do you see right leaning people say "Well, he's a good guy and all but he's really ignorant" and left people say "He hates women! He wants blacks back in chains!!! He wants gays to be hanging from trees!"

It's all based on emotion, if someone is evil then they aren't worth human dignity and respect and thus the libtards can dehumanizing to rights

Odysseus
08-28-2013, 10:35 AM

See, this is what I'm talking about. Conservatives don't call people murderers for having abortions, don't call people whores for disagreeing about birth control, don't threaten people for suing a school district and don't spread lesbian rumors or think that being a lesbian is the worst thing on the planet. A small minority do, but whenever they do, you can find conservatives ready to criticize them. Look at the opprobrium that came from conservatives after that idiot Akin made his rape comment. The entire Republican Party tried to get him to quit his senate campaign. He was denounced throughout conservative media and his support among Republicans dropped down to next to nothing. OTOH, when a Democrat says something hateful or stupid, the left closes ranks to protect them.

Back in my freelance days, liberals had no problem telling me that they wouldn't hire a conservative, that I couldn't possibly be good at my job if I didn't think exactly the way that they did. Have you ever heard of a liberal being fired just for being liberal? I'm not talking about a liberal getting fired for making an outrageous, offensive comment, or for doing something like faking a hate crime, but just for holding an op

Conservatives never do anything like drag posts over here of people who act like they want to kill themselves and kick them while they're down. No, conservatives don't do anything that horrible. That's all liberals. [/QUOTE]

This last is a straw man argument. Nobody is saying that conservatives don't do anything horrible, what we are saying is that liberals feel entitled to be horrible to conservatives.

I do remember a conservative movement to try to defund PRIDE on my college campus years ago. I have seen conservatives come and challenge a liberal speaker in public. They weren't shouted down to told to shut up. The only conservative I know of that got shouted down was Anne Coulter. That's literally a woman who has suggested that we bomb countries and force them to convert to Christianity. She's literally said that we should execute a treasonous liberal just to prove they can be killed (forget justice, let's just scare liberals). This wasn't exactly Rand Paul. This is a woman who gets high off of the idea of hating on people.

Defunding campus PRIDE might be about more than anti-gay animus, especially since PRIDE groups tend to be political fronts for enforcing lockstep conformity in gender issues, but I'm sure that they were unsuccessful. The incidence of campuses defunding conservative groups is far greater, again, because leftist academics consider conservative thought to be beyond the pale of protected speech. As for speakers being harrassed, you don't seem to have followed the news. Conservatives are rarely permitted to even speak at colleges, and when they do, there is invariably a leftist attack, oftentimes a full-blown riot. From an LA Times OPED:

Op-Ed

A look at the data suggests that at graduation ceremonies on U.S. college and university campuses, it's liberals only.

May 19, 2013|By Kevin Hassett

We have once again entered the college commencement season, which means we'll soon be reading about uplifting graduation speeches delivered by prominent Americans. Or at least by prominent liberal Americans.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that conservative speakers aren't welcome on college and university campuses.

Last month, in the span of a few days, student protests disrupted a presentation by Karl Rove at the University of Massachusetts and one by Rand Paul at Howard University. That same week, former Bush administration official Robert Zoellick withdrew as a commencement speaker at Swarthmore College, while Obama critic Ben Carson did the same at Johns Hopkins.

Zoellick, a Swarthmore alumnus like me, pulled out after being attacked by students who said he'd helped instigate the Iraq war — a preposterous claim considering he was the U.S. trade representative at the time the conflict began. But even Zoellick's supporters on campus didn't mount much of a defense. A well-meaning campus newspaper editorial implied that Zoellick should be allowed to speak because he was not one of the truly evil Republicans — like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld or Paul Wolfowitz — who rightly should be personae non gratae on campus.

If Zoellick, a moderate gentleman with an impressive record promoting women's rights as president of the World Bank, can't speak on a college campus, no Republican can. Indeed, a look at the data suggests that is how things are trending.

There are many lectures on college campuses on any given day, and assessing the relative proportion of liberals and conservatives is a difficult task. Commencement addresses, however, provide a good measure. Virtually every school has at least one, and they are prime opportunities for speakers to address an entire campus community.

To gauge how rare it is for a conservative to be invited to speak at a college graduation, I looked at commencement and other announced graduation event speakers for 2012 and 2013 from the top 100 universities and top 50 liberal arts colleges (according to the U.S. News & World Report rankings). Then I tried to identify them as liberal or conservative based on their party affiliation, if I could determine it. For public officials, I looked at the party affiliations of those they served. I then looked up speakers in OpenSecrets.org's database of campaign contributions, noting whether speakers had donated to candidates from one party or both. If a speaker endorsed a presidential candidate in 2012, I noted that as well, and identified the speaker with that candidate's ideology.

In 2012, the political leanings of 84 people were identifiable. In 2013, with speakers still being announced, 69 are.

In 2012, only one Republican elected official was invited to speak at a top 50 liberal arts college: Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell at the University of Richmond. The top 100 universities invited three Republican officeholders: Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal spoke at both the University of Georgia and the Georgia Institute of Technology, and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham spoke at Clemson. Missouri Rep. Sam Graves spoke at the University of Missouri.

No Republican official spoke outside of his home state. When one expands to former Republican political appointees, the picture only changes slightly; Colin L. Powell (who endorsed President Obama in the last election) spoke at Northeastern University, and Condoleezza Rice spoke at Southern Methodist University. There were no conservative speakers at Ivy League commencements and no conservative elected officials who spoke outside of the South.

Democrats, on the other hand, were everywhere. Sixteen speeches were given by Obama administration officials alone. All told, and including the data on political contributions, there were only three identifiably conservative speakers at the top 50 colleges and 12 at the top 100 universities, compared with a total of 69 identifiably liberal speakers.

Kevin Hassett is director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/19/opinion/la-oe-hassett-colleges-muzzle-conservatives-20130519

Continued...

Meshuga Mikey
08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
..overlooking the sociopaths in their midst..."liberals" know theyre WRONG

knowing that they're wrong brings up the INFANTILE need to defend by striking out.

its quite simple.

the more clever and effective the conservative opposition the more easily albeit in most cases innocently... enflame the 'liberals" rage.

Arroyo_Doble
08-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Conservatives don't call people murderers for having abortions, ...

Whether by Gun or Abortion, Murder Is Murder - Period (http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/whether_by_gun_or_abortion_murder_is_murder_period .html)

... don't call people whores for disagreeing about birth control,

"What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex -- what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex."

~ Rush Limbaugh

Lanie
08-28-2013, 12:07 PM
And yet Liberals are allowed to stay here and no Conservative is even allowed to post at DU without masking their identity.

And DU is the only liberal forum out there. Oh wait. I used to frequent atheists boards when I was younger. They're more to the liberal side, and they let conservatives posts. There was another forum I was on for a while. It was an alternative to NU for liberals. Somebody tell me the name of that forum. I can't remember it. Anyway, they let conservatives post. They didn't call themselves a liberal forum, but the atmosphere was pretty liberal.

Link?

You think I don't know my own school, TX?

http://interstateq.com/archives/1086/

During one Student Government meeting, Crawford had the audicity to push for the removal of school funding for UNCG PRIDE!, the campus LGBT and straight ally student group. Crawford can also be thanked for the creation of the College Republicans’ “Morals Week,” something which was first established as an anti-gay alternative to PRIDE! Week, although it has now become more of a week to showcase Republican ethics (cough, cough) and beliefs.

I remember Morals week. That was funny. They just pretty much suggested anybody who wasn't like them was immoral. Well, okay.

Link?

Why do I have to defend everything I say when I've seen it with my own two eyes? Do you see me demanding a link from you everytime you mention something about Muslims in another country based on your experience? No. You're just being a jerk. PM me and I'll tell you the names of some people to look up the contact information of, ask them if they've ever spoken out in public before, and be sure to tell them that Melanie said hi.

In any case, here's a link showing where my old school had a conservative speaker years ago. I'm sure they had others.

http://thelastlion.livejournal.com/4151.html

That's because they don't get invited...or the Liberal hate groups on campus organize and make such a hostile environment for the invited speaker that they withdraw.

Can you post a link showing me where that's always or mostly the case? I only know of one, and that was Anne Coulter. (Sorry I'm not providing a link about Anne Coulter. I'm sure you'll have no trouble believing me).

So that's why you never hear of others getting shouted down...they decide it's better for their personal safety if they don't show up.

Oh bologna. They're probably subjected to as much threats and intimidation as the other politically active people on campus were. If you speak out in politics (especially on a campus), you'll make enemies. It's the price one pays.

Imagine that...taking what she said out of context. How liberal...and typical of you.

I grew up fundamentalist, so I naturally take words for their literal value at times, especially when the speaker doesn't clear the air.

She probably didn't realize they were for her.

Link?

This is typical pap from a Liberal to try and soften the hateful things said by the left on a daily sometimes hourly basis against and about Conservatives...with a dose of "so do you" tossed in because you just can't help yourself. It totally ignores and dumbs down the severity of the invective hurled at one side by the other.

They (Liberals) are allowed to say the most hateful racist homophobic things as long as their target is a Conservative/Republican. It's a true ends justifies the means scenario.

You know, it's funny. Everytime conservatives are confronted their crappy behavior, their response is usually "So do you!" which is really ironic since their soap box is supposedly personal responsibility.

Lanie
08-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Crap me! You made two posts to respond to me.

Again Bridget...focus. This was talking about on the national level. Politicians.

You're bringing this down to the level here...and again...about you as always.

Can you stick to the topic in the OP for once?

I thought the topic was about liberals being mean to conservatives in general. I doubt you would object if I brought up a local example of people being mean to a conservative.

In any case, liberals own the media. It's not fair to only focus on national when they're what's being focused on.

Same applies for DU right? Or KOS or HuffPo? Or is this another case of Liberals can say/do anything but Conservatives need to just STFU ad not reply/defend themselves?

Sigh. I know you're smart enough to defend yourself without being a jerk. You're just being lazy when you take the other route. And yes, liberals do it too. BTW, I want to know what the secret website I'm going to is. Not only do you know me better than the rest of CU, but you know me better than I know myself. I want to know where I've been going!!!!!! lol.

Again, ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room and defending your old stomping grounds. Some things never change...just like when you used to defend Skinner while claiming you weren't defending him and denying you were a member at DU.

You want this to be a one way bash fest and never hold Liberals accountable. 99.9% of the time things said by Conservatives are in response to an initial attack by some idiot Liberal. But you Libs always ignore the initial attack and focus on what is said in reply and make THAT the only thing said.

You are so full of it.

I'm surprised it's only 3. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you only had two posts. :rolleyes:

No this thread was about how Liberals, on the NATIONAL level treat Conservatives/Republicans.

YOU brought this down to a personal level and made it about you.

And ummm...look around...I'm not the ONLY one that says those things. There's a LOT of people here that say the same thing. People that have been here as long as you and know how you are.

I don't think I'm the only lib who took it that way. You all say liberals are mean to conservatives. Conservatives are mean to liberals. I'm sorry you don't like that being pointed out to you.

Now do you have anything to say about the OP and how things go on the National level or is this just another "look at me" moment for you?

Actually, the poster who made this thread about Bridget was you. I think you have a thing for my posts. You get sucked in and have to make it personal. It happens everytime I post. I'm not going to say which poster I compare myself to on this subject. It's sort of creepy at times.

Lanie
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
See, this is what I'm talking about. Conservatives don't call people murderers for having abortions, don't call people whores for disagreeing about birth control, don't threaten people for suing a school district and don't spread lesbian rumors or think that being a lesbian is the worst thing on the planet. A small minority do, but whenever they do, you can find conservatives ready to criticize them. Look at the opprobrium that came from conservatives after that idiot Akin made his rape comment. The entire Republican Party tried to get him to quit his senate campaign. He was denounced throughout conservative media and his support among Republicans dropped down to next to nothing. OTOH, when a Democrat says something hateful or stupid, the left closes ranks to protect them.

Back in my freelance days, liberals had no problem telling me that they wouldn't hire a conservative, that I couldn't possibly be good at my job if I didn't think exactly the way that they did. Have you ever heard of a liberal being fired just for being liberal? I'm not talking about a liberal getting fired for making an outrageous, offensive comment, or for doing something like faking a hate crime, but just for holding an op

This last is a straw man argument. Nobody is saying that conservatives don't do anything horrible, what we are saying is that liberals feel entitled to be horrible to conservatives.

Defunding campus PRIDE might be about more than anti-gay animus, especially since PRIDE groups tend to be political fronts for enforcing lockstep conformity in gender issues, but I'm sure that they were unsuccessful. The incidence of campuses defunding conservative groups is far greater, again, because leftist academics consider conservative thought to be beyond the pale of protected speech. As for speakers being harrassed, you don't seem to have followed the news. Conservatives are rarely permitted to even speak at colleges, and when they do, there is invariably a leftist attack, oftentimes a full-blown riot. From an LA Times OPED:

Op-Ed

A look at the data suggests that at graduation ceremonies on U.S. college and university campuses, it's liberals only.

May 19, 2013|By Kevin Hassett

We have once again entered the college commencement season, which means we'll soon be reading about uplifting graduation speeches delivered by prominent Americans. Or at least by prominent liberal Americans.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that conservative speakers aren't welcome on college and university campuses.

Last month, in the span of a few days, student protests disrupted a presentation by Karl Rove at the University of Massachusetts and one by Rand Paul at Howard University. That same week, former Bush administration official Robert Zoellick withdrew as a commencement speaker at Swarthmore College, while Obama critic Ben Carson did the same at Johns Hopkins.

Zoellick, a Swarthmore alumnus like me, pulled out after being attacked by students who said he'd helped instigate the Iraq war — a preposterous claim considering he was the U.S. trade representative at the time the conflict began. But even Zoellick's supporters on campus didn't mount much of a defense. A well-meaning campus newspaper editorial implied that Zoellick should be allowed to speak because he was not one of the truly evil Republicans — like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld or Paul Wolfowitz — who rightly should be personae non gratae on campus.

If Zoellick, a moderate gentleman with an impressive record promoting women's rights as president of the World Bank, can't speak on a college campus, no Republican can. Indeed, a look at the data suggests that is how things are trending.

There are many lectures on college campuses on any given day, and assessing the relative proportion of liberals and conservatives is a difficult task. Commencement addresses, however, provide a good measure. Virtually every school has at least one, and they are prime opportunities for speakers to address an entire campus community.

To gauge how rare it is for a conservative to be invited to speak at a college graduation, I looked at commencement and other announced graduation event speakers for 2012 and 2013 from the top 100 universities and top 50 liberal arts colleges (according to the U.S. News & World Report rankings). Then I tried to identify them as liberal or conservative based on their party affiliation, if I could determine it. For public officials, I looked at the party affiliations of those they served. I then looked up speakers in OpenSecrets.org's database of campaign contributions, noting whether speakers had donated to candidates from one party or both. If a speaker endorsed a presidential candidate in 2012, I noted that as well, and identified the speaker with that candidate's ideology.

In 2012, the political leanings of 84 people were identifiable. In 2013, with speakers still being announced, 69 are.

In 2012, only one Republican elected official was invited to speak at a top 50 liberal arts college: Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell at the University of Richmond. The top 100 universities invited three Republican officeholders: Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal spoke at both the University of Georgia and the Georgia Institute of Technology, and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham spoke at Clemson. Missouri Rep. Sam Graves spoke at the University of Missouri.

No Republican official spoke outside of his home state. When one expands to former Republican political appointees, the picture only changes slightly; Colin L. Powell (who endorsed President Obama in the last election) spoke at Northeastern University, and Condoleezza Rice spoke at Southern Methodist University. There were no conservative speakers at Ivy League commencements and no conservative elected officials who spoke outside of the South.

Democrats, on the other hand, were everywhere. Sixteen speeches were given by Obama administration officials alone. All told, and including the data on political contributions, there were only three identifiably conservative speakers at the top 50 colleges and 12 at the top 100 universities, compared with a total of 69 identifiably liberal speakers.

Kevin Hassett is director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/19/opinion/la-oe-hassett-colleges-muzzle-conservatives-20130519

Continued...[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, I've only read a little bit and it's wrong on so many levels. I'm going to come back and rebut a lot of this. Your buddy took up too much of my time here, and I need proper time to come up with links and so forth that show you're wrong. I'm going to get back to this very soon though. What the crap?

Odysseus
08-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Whether by Gun or Abortion, Murder Is Murder - Period (http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/whether_by_gun_or_abortion_murder_is_murder_period .html)

Okay, I will concede your point that some conservatives say it, but it is still a minority position, as opposed to the mainstream liberal view that all pro-lifers hate women. The Democratic Party's last election campaigned was based on a completely fictitious Republican war on women.

"What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex -- what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex."

~ Rush Limbaugh

He didn't call her a whore for disagreeing about birth control, he called her a prostitute for demanding that she be paid for sex. Given the costs of condoms, her claim that she needed $3,000 over three years for birth control worked out to just over 8 condoms per day, 365 days per year. Given that she claims to be in a committed relationship, her boyfriend's consumption of protein must be equally prodigious; either that, or he needs to be deported back to Krypton before General Zod shows up.

And, as I stated previously, the criticisms against Rush included numerous conservatives. The NY Daily News reported that the Republican presidential candidates went after him, and a number of other prominent Republicans did, as well, including the Speaker of the House.

Republican presidential candidates have also criticized Limbaugh, with Rick Santorum calling the remarks "absurd.”
Several advertisers have also pulled out of his program.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rush-limbaugh-continues-attacks-sandra-fluke-advertisers-politicians-slam-host-article-1.1032439#ixzz2dHD9qoMi

And, lest we forget, Limbaugh apologized for the comments. Did Obama apologize for calling Sarah Palin a pig in lipstick? Did any of the progressive pundits who accused her of not being the mother of Trig withdraw their comments? Did any liberals apologize for any of the following?

"A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked]." -- A "humor bit" from the Randi Rhodes Show

"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health" -- New York city councilman Charles Barron

"..And then there's Rumsfeld who said of Iraq 'We have our good days and our bad days.' We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days' and pull the trigger." -- From a fundraising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club

"F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead." -- Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.

"Republicans don't believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don't give a hoot about human beings, either can't or won't. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm." -- The Village Voice's Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places

(Rush Limbaugh)" just wants the country to fail. To me that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Osama Bin Laden is saying. You might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight. ... Rush Limbaugh, I hope the country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?" -- Wanda Sykes

"You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?" -- Chris Matthews

"I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow....I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact." -- Bill Maher

"If I got (Condi Rice) a— on camera, I would put my Mars Air Jordans so far up her butt that the Mayo Clinic would have to remove them." -- Spike Lee

"For those of you who do, as a matter of principle, oppose war in any form, the idea of supporting a conscientious objector who's already been inducted [and] in his combat service in Iraq might have a certain appeal. But let me ask you this: Would you render the same support to someone who hadn't conscientiously objected, but rather instead rolled a grenade under their line officer in order to neutralize the combat capacity of their unit?" -- University Professor Ward Churhill on supporting soldiers who frag their officers

"Drudge? Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce." -- Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy

"I have a good news to report; Glen Beck appears closer to suicide – I’m hoping that he does it on camera; suicide is rampant in his family, and given his alcoholism and his tendencies towards self-destruction, I am only hoping that when Glen Beck does put a gun to his head and pulls the trigger, that it will be on television, because somebody will capture it on YouTube and it will be the most popular video for months." — Mike Malloy

"Check out this startling excerpt from George Monbiot’s new book Heat. It’s about the climate-change “denial industry,” which most of you are probably familiar with. What you may not know about is the peculiar role of the tobacco industry in the whole mess. I’ve read about this stuff for years and even I was surprised by some of the details. When we’ve finally gotten serious about global warming, when the impacts are really hitting us and we’re in a full worldwide scramble to minimize the damage, we should have war crimes trials for these b*stards — some sort of climate Nuremberg." — David Roberts, Grist Magazine

"It’s good (Michelle Malkin’s) in D.C. and I’m in New York. I’d spit on her if I saw her." — Geraldo Rivera

"Al Qaeda really hurt us, but not as much as Rupert Murdoch has hurt us, particularly in the case of Fox News. Fox News is worse than Al Qaeda — worse for our society. It’s as dangerous as the Ku Klux Klan ever was." — MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann

"George Bush doesn’t care about black people…They’re giving the Army permission to go down and shoot us." — Kayne West on the rescue efforts in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina

Libtalker [Mike Malloy] To Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Bill O’Reilly: Time To Die (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2480868/posts)

Envious (Liberal Talk Radio Host) Ed Schultz Likens Limbaugh to Hitler (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2199727/posts?page=20)

Chris Matthews Fantasizes About Killing Rush Limbaugh (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2361655/posts)

Salon Publishes Call for Murder of Sarah Palin (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644544/posts?page=110)

[Keith] Olbermann Targets [Michelle] Malkin: Without ‘Fascistic Hatred’ She’s a ‘Mashed-Up Bag of Meat with Lipstick’ (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2361961/posts)

Actor Richard Belzer: Limbaugh, Beck 'Fascist Stooges'; Fox News 'Racist,' 'Misogynistic' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2363811/posts)

Chris Matthews Calls Liz Cheney 'Daughter of Dracula' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2465646/posts)

[Keith] Olbermann compares 'Jihadists' to Brit Hume on religion (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2421134/posts)

Alan Grayson on MSNBC: Fox News is a Threat To This Country (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2574087/posts)

Vile Huffington Post Puts Brisol & Willow Palins Private Facebook Comments Online (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2629455/posts)

Palin daughters are threatened, taunted in Facebook war (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2628387/posts?q=1&;page=105)

Sandra Bernhard Calls Bristol Palin a Hooker on 'Joy Behar Show' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2633054/posts)

[Joy] Behar: "This Bit**" Sharron Angle Is "Going To Hell" (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2614965/posts)

WARNING: Palin Derangement Syndrome Outbreak at the Daily Beast (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2482862/posts)

Madonna Downplays Her Physical Threats Against Sarah Palin: 'It's A Metaphor' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2479520/posts)

TMZ: Bristol Palin getting death threats, 'Dancing with the Stars' ramps up security (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2631889/posts)
Media Bias: MSNBC Host [Ed Schultz]: We Ought to Rip Out Cheney’s Heart & Kick It Around (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2459664/posts)

And this doesn't include Bill Maher, who deserves his own page. Remember all of his misogynistic rants about Sarah Palin? Did any liberal object? Did Obama return his campaign contribution? Was there any consequence for his hate speech? Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut, and conservatives excoriated him until he apologized. Liberals call Conservatives every name in the book, fantasize about murdering us and lie about us constantly, and are almost never held to account for it.

NJCardFan
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM

~ Rush Limbaugh

Fluke wanted the government to pick up her $3,000 per year prophylactic fix. If this doesn't qualify someone as a whore or slut nothing does. I mean, $3K is a lot of Trojans.

Generation Why?
08-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Fluke wanted the government to pick up her $3,000 per year prophylactic fix. If this doesn't qualify someone as a whore or slut nothing does. I mean, $3K is a lot of Trojans.

Maybe she doesn't buy that many and they're just really expensive condoms... :idea:

txradioguy
08-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe she doesn't buy that many and they're just really expensive condoms... :idea:

For that price they better be gold plated.

txradioguy
08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Crap me! You made two posts to respond to me.

Responding to your stupidity at times exceeds the word limit for one post...gotta break it up.

I thought the topic was about liberals being mean to conservatives in general. I doubt you would object if I brought up a local example of people being mean to a conservative.

Your reading comprehension sucks. Or not. You saw the opportunity to make this about you and give you the chance to wag your finger at us and you took it.

In any case, liberals own the media. It's not fair to only focus on national when they're what's being focused on.

Yeah because if we do that it totally destroys your ability to to tsk tsk us.

Sigh. I know you're smart enough to defend yourself without being a jerk. You're just being lazy when you take the other route. And yes, liberals do it too. BTW, I want to know what the secret website I'm going to is. Not only do you know me better than the rest of CU, but you know me better than I know myself. I want to know where I've been going!!!!!! lol.

I used someone else's log on to get in and I swore to never reveal who that was.

Sorry. You can "play" dumb all you want...but you and Annoyo are both members there along with some other former CU members.

You are so full of it.

Uh-huh. The evidence says otherwise. And the links Ody provided confirm what I said is true. Not to mention your short response.

I don't think I'm the only lib who took it that way. You all say liberals are mean to conservatives. Conservatives are mean to liberals. I'm sorry you don't like that being pointed out to you.

Hey what's good for the goose is good for the gander...but Liberals...even you don't see it that way. You all think you're allowed to say any hateful thing you can think of without a Conservative being able to fire back. And when we do you all immediately launch into calling US mean and hateful

Hate to inform you but Liberals don't have the corner on free speech. If you don't like what's tossed back at you...don't say the dumbshit that causes us to react in the first place.

Actually, the poster who made this thread about Bridget was you. I think you have a thing for my posts. You get sucked in and have to make it personal. It happens everytime I post. I'm not going to say which poster I compare myself to on this subject. It's sort of creepy at times.

Nice attempt at deflection but you veered wildly off course in your first post and it went downhill from there. You personalized this.

I don't have a thing your your fat ass or your posts...what I do "have a thing" for is skewering the stupidity of Liberals. And you've made yourself a target.

Like I said before the first word in the name of this place is Conservative...you're a hard left Liberal...you shouldn't REALLY be surprised you get the reaction from people on here that you do.

txradioguy
08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
And DU is the only liberal forum out there. Oh wait. I used to frequent atheists boards when I was younger. They're more to the liberal side, and they let conservatives posts. There was another forum I was on for a while. It was an alternative to NU for liberals. Somebody tell me the name of that forum. I can't remember it. Anyway, they let conservatives post. They didn't call themselves a liberal forum, but the atmosphere was pretty liberal.

You're talking about Liberal Underground. I posted there too...and was treated by the Liberals there about as well as you are here...same for NU. Except at NU...once Melissa took over she muzzled every Conservative at the place and let cretins like Dick Tuck run roughshod.

I remember Morals week. That was funny. They just pretty much suggested anybody who wasn't like them was immoral. Well, okay.

Liberals are immoral by the very nature of their beliefs. So yeah they would be severely at odds with anyone who has morals.

Why do I have to defend everything I say when I've seen it with my own two eyes? Do you see me demanding a link from you everytime you mention something about Muslims in another country based on your experience? No. You're just being a jerk. PM me and I'll tell you the names of some people to look up the contact information of, ask them if they've ever spoken out in public before, and be sure to tell them that Melanie said hi.

Because Liberals lie.

Can you post a link showing me where that's always or mostly the case? I only know of one, and that was Anne Coulter. (Sorry I'm not providing a link about Anne Coulter. I'm sure you'll have no trouble believing me).

You never learn do you?

Here is just a partial list:

In 2005, at the University of Connecticut, Ann Coulter called it quits 15 minutes into a lecture to 2,600, when boos and jeers made it impossible for her to continue. She switched to a question-and-answer session. “I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am,” Ann joked. She’ll be in 7th heaven if she ever speaks at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

In 2007, when commentator Daniel Pipes tried to speak on “The Threat to Israel’s Existence,” at the University of California-Irvine, he was disrupted minutes into the lecture by people of the jihad persuasion and their Marxist allies. Pipes could barely be heard over chants of “anti-Israel,” “anti-oppression,” “anti-racism” and “anti-hate.” On the college campus, to support the Jewish state is the supreme act of hate speech. Oppression is unknown elsewhere in the Middle East, but especially in Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia (if you’re an independent-minded woman) or Egypt (if you’re a Coptic Christian).

When Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol tried to speak at the University of Texas in 2006, he was almost eaten alive. Kristol’s topic – political events in the aftermath of 9/11 – provoked Oliver Stone paranoia. “We’re here to expose the truth about 9/11,” film student Aaron Dykes proclaimed. Presumably, that would be the truth about the Zionist-CIA-Karl Rove-AIG Executives cabal (cleverly disguised as Saudi citizens) responsible for the deaths of 3,000 Americans in 2001.

When she attempted to speak at Penn State in 1999, black conservative Star Parker was forced from the stage. Parker described the experience as “very frightening” and said she “feared for my life.” Parker’s hatefullness was her contention that single mothers are better off with jobs than on welfare, based on her own experience.

At Emory University in 2006, David Horowitz gave a lecture as part of Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week. To show their outrage at the comparison of radical Islam to fascism, protestors behaved like fascists. A mob of over 300, from groups like Amnesty International, Veterans for Peace and Students for Justice in Palestine, waved signs and shouted, “Does George Bush respect anybody’s rights?” and “Why don’t you talk about fascism in America?” mixed with chants of “Racist, sexist, anti-gay, David Horowitz go away!” (They can’t reason. But they sure can rhyme.) “Are we going to talk about who killed JFK?” one protestor demanded. (The Zionist-CIA-Karl Rove-AIG Executives cabal?). Horowitz (who had to be escorted off stage) observed, “This is exactly what the fascists did in Germany in the 1930s.” True, but at least they weren’t hypocrites claiming they were motivated by concern for minority rights.

In October 2006, leftists (this time flying the colors of the Chicano Caucus and the International Socialist Organization) rushed the stage and knocked over tables and chairs to prevent Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project, and his colleagues from speaking. “Minutemen, Nazis, KKK – racist fascists go away,” they cleverly chanted. (“Duck, frog, pig, pup – you spread hatred, so shut up!”) To prove their commitment to fighting racism, protestors shouted the “N-word" at black Minuteman Marvin Stewart. But it was in a good cause, combating hate speech. Even New York’s liberal Republican Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, was appalled: “Bollinger’s (Columbia’s president) just got to get his hands around this…. There are too many incidents at the same school where people get censored,” the mayor complained. But not Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran’s Holocaust-denier-in-chief, invited by Bollinger to speak at Columbia in 2007.

http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org/news/2687/being-shouted-down

I can provide more if you like. And that's not counting the slaps in the face the Federal Government has given to Conservatives at annual "national" events.

Oh bologna. They're probably subjected to as much threats and intimidation as the other politically active people on campus were. If you speak out in politics (especially on a campus), you'll make enemies. It's the price one pays.

Sorry it doesn't go both ways. Show me the last time Noam Chomsky was kicked off of campus because of pressure by Conservative groups or faculty.

Link?

You want the whole list or the Cliffs Notes version of what makes her a clueless idiot?

You know, it's funny. Everytime conservatives are confronted their crappy behavior, their response is usually "So do you!" which is really ironic since their soap box is supposedly personal responsibility.

And it's tragic that you Libtards think you own the entire 1st Amendment.

NJCardFan
08-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Ann Coulter physically assaulted(yes throwing a pie at someone is a physical assault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPsU-kSBnwI

Show me where a conservative did this to a liberal speaker.

NJCardFan
08-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Let' see what happens when Stacey Dash, black conservative, quotes MLK: http://twitchy.com/2013/08/28/shut-up-white-btch-stacey-dash-quotes-mlk-jr-gets-attacked-for-calling-blacks-negro/

Stacey Dash ✔ @REALStaceyDash
THAT DAY IS TODAY!
- STACEY DASH

Thank you Mr King. I stand in faith on your dream. #MLKDream50 #MLK50

Benjamin mongo @lickemlowben

@REALStaceyDash Bitch shut the Fuck up you love these Honkeys

Those crazy rude conservatives...oh wait.

Elspeth
08-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm guessing Stacy Dash wasn't at the podium today.

Lanie
08-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Okay Ody, I apologize for my hyperness this morning. I will try to be a little calmer here.

This is the paragraph that prompted the earlier response. Are you kidding Ody? I'd like to present some examples here.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/12/teen-atheist-behind-prayer-mural-ban-threatened-with-rape-we-will-get-you-look-out/

“The cops will not watch you forever,” the letter begins. “We will get you good.”
The note concludes with some startlingly strong and threatening language against Ahlquist.
“Get the f**k out of R.I. you bitchin whore. You are nothing more than a sex-toy of a slut,” the text reads. “Maybe you will gang-banged before we throw you out of one of our cars. We will get you — look out!”
So far, Ahlquist hasn’t responded to local outlets seeking comment.

Before that, she got threats through facebook and twitter.
http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ahlquist-receives-terrorist-threat

Who came to her defense? Some moderate church leaders is all I found.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/01/26/moderate-religious-leaders-come-to-jessica-ahlquists-defense/

It brought together 18 leaders: Baptists and UU’s, Jews and Muslims, all coming together to defend an atheist from violence. We atheists often say that we need the religious moderates to be on our side, condemning the extremists. This is a start.

Jews are typically liberal in the US, and so are UUs. Baptists are typically conservative, but I'm thinking this might have been the more liberal Baptists. I could be wrong though. We have Muslims, and they're usually conservative although the Republican Party won't want to count them as such. In any case, it was only eighteen leaders. This condemnation of threatening a sixteen year old girl should have came out in the thousands.

Onto pro-choicers being called murderers and condemnation of it from conservatives:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/04/03/arkansas-state-representative-tells-pro-choice-mother-shes-a-murderer/

On Monday, Rep. John Payton responded to a mother’s concern about her atheist daughter having to sit through a moment of silence (and the inevitable bullying of students who know she’s not praying) by tossing out a couple of Bible verses calling atheists fools.
But there’s more where he came from. Last week, a Pagan woman wrote to Rep. Nate Bell — a Republican, of course — urging him to reconsider the state’s strict new veto-overridden anti-abortion laws.

Now, let’s see if I can find a “Shame on your” to John Payton.
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+criticize+John+Payton
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+condemn+John+Payton
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+%2B+John+Payton
Yeah, I didn’t find anything. Perhaps I didn’t google the right words?

This was just creepy on Coulter’s part.

http://nation.foxnews.com/ann-coulter/2013/01/04/coulter-why-cant-we-get-list-women-who-have-abortions

I think, you know, mothers might want to know what other women on their street might be willing to murder a child.

What Anne was suggesting was that if a woman had an abortion, then she might just kill your child on the street. Therefore, we should list all the women who have had abortions. This was meant to be a backlash to Gawker's list of gun owners. Why couldn't Anne and other conservatives approached this subject the way I did at the time? I compared the publishing of gun owners to the Numerberg anti-abortion website (which posted the names of abortionists and other pro-choicers, marking their names out if they got killed or injured). I made that comparison to say how creepy the posting of the addresses of gun owners were. Instead, Anne comes up with something equally as outrageous as Gawker did. Anne Coulter has said a number of hateful things about liberals. Instead of condemning her behavior, conservatives embrace her. They'll defend every crappy, scary, and cruel thing she says about people.

Speaking of Gawker, he received death threats. Any conservative condemnation of it?

http://t.msn.com/?fa=http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fus%2fgawker-gets-death-threats-after-publishing-list-of-nyc-gun-owners&ref=google&fid=AmNews-253308308-260346480

Rush Limbaugh and his insults:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/05/rush-limbaugh-sandra-fluke-apology/

According to this, he said that Sandra Fluke is a slut. Michelle Obama should look like an Ethiopian to take seriously. Obama wants natural disasters. NFL are like gangs.

Conservative reactions?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/george-will-republican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has been inundated with criticism after calling Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown University student who testified before a House committee about contraception, a “slut” and a “prostitute.” But while Democrats have fiercely condemned the comments, Republicans’ ire has been significantly more muted.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/levin-to-conservative-limbaugh-critics-do-not-ever-throw-out-leaders-under-the-bus/

“Now I want to speak to you conservatives briefly,” he said. “Do not ever throw out leaders under the bus, unless they’ve done something so reprehensible, so unacceptable that they should be. Do not allow the left — do not allow the left to define our terms because if they do, we’re done.”

You can't get any clearer than this.

I will give some credit here though, and apparently so does Mother Jones.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/frank-luntz-rush-limbaugh-problematic-secret-tape

Frank Luntz, the media-friendly Republican consultant and word wiz, told a group of college students this week that Rush Limbaugh and right-wing talk radio are "problematic" for the GOP and partly responsible for the stark polarization within the nation's political discourse. He only dared to speak so candidly about Limbaugh and other conservative hosts off the record. A secretly recorded video, though, captured Luntz's remark.

Somebody gets it.

More credit where it’s due:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/03/06/why-rush-is-wrong.html

Michele Malkin about Sandra Fluke
http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/02/sandra-fluke-is-not-a-slut-shes-a-femme-agogue-tool/

Name calling. Not very nice, and where's the conservative condemnation? Ody, you can't be serious with the above paragraph.

I agree that people shouldn't be fired or hired based on their politics. I have to say I try to avoid politics at work. Oddly enough, the last encounter I had was with my conservative co-worker. I finally told him in my own nice way to leave me alone about it. He was excited about the idea of talking about it too. I strongly feel that work and politics should be separate unless it's working on a campaign.

I think you need to ask yourself why conservatives on the boards treat liberals a certain way on a regular basis. If it's not because they feel entitled, then what other possible reason could there be?

Defunding campus PRIDE might be about more than anti-gay animus, especially since PRIDE groups tend to be political fronts for enforcing lockstep conformity in gender issues, but I'm sure that they were unsuccessful.

They were unsuccessful. It helped that the guy was a well known bigot dedicated to demonizing gays and anybody unlike him. I knew him well enough to know what he was like. It wasn't about being offended at PRIDE. It was about his own bigotry. Now, think about how many times I've called somebody a bigot for having opposing views on homosexuality. Hardly ever. It takes a lot to get me to break down and say that.

The incidence of campuses defunding conservative groups is far greater, again, because leftist academics consider conservative thought to be beyond the pale of protected speech. As for speakers being harrassed, you don't seem to have followed the news. Conservatives are rarely permitted to even speak at colleges, and when they do, there is invariably a leftist attack, oftentimes a full-blown riot.

I haven't seen a lot of evidence of this. I will admit that I haven't researched it enough. I just know what my own college was like. Republicans would write for the school news paper along with liberals. They had their own group. At our commencement, we had a female speaker who said in the middle of her speech that she was a Republican. This was a liberal university. I do think universities are probably less tolerant toward conservatives than other atmospheres, but we need to look at the country as a whole. The country as a whole is not about universities.

Thanks for the link to the article. I think my response to that can be noted above.

Lanie
08-28-2013, 11:53 PM

Thank you for making my point about conservative feeling entitled to name calling just like liberals do.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 12:00 AM
I used someone else's log on to get in and I swore to never reveal who that was.

Sorry. You can "play" dumb all you want...but you and Annoyo are both members there along with some other former CU members.

I can only think of two off the top of my head that I'm part of. I'm part of the donor room, which I don't speak in much. I'm part of a private room on another forum where I don't think I've ever complained about how CUers have treated me there.

In any case, you used another person's login to access a forum that you obviously didn't have the right to go into. That's creepy. I don't know or think I even want to know why you'd do something that creepy. You seriously give me the creeps right now.

NJCardFan
08-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Thank you for making my point about conservative feeling entitled to name calling just like liberals do.

It isn't name calling when it's a statement of fact. What else would you call her?

Lanie
08-29-2013, 12:18 AM
I can only think of two off the top of my head that I'm part of. I'm part of the donor room, which I don't speak in much. I'm part of a private room on another forum where I don't think I've ever complained about how CUers have treated me there.

In any case, you used another person's login to access a forum that you obviously didn't have the right to go into. That's creepy. I don't know or think I even want to know why you'd do something that creepy. You seriously give me the creeps right now.

Please say you didn't go on that forum just to read posts of mine. Please say you went on there for another reason.

BTW guys, I do not go on private forums to complain about CUers.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 12:19 AM
It isn't name calling when it's a statement of fact. What else would you call her?

A human being who shouldn't be choosing a religious school to go to if she wants her school to cover her pills.

Imagine that. We can attack an argument and not a person. Wow!

Rockntractor
08-29-2013, 12:20 AM

Is there such a thing as a slut or a whore, if so what are your definitions?

Bailey
08-29-2013, 12:48 AM

Its not name calling, its pointing out a truth.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm guessing Stacy Dash wasn't at the podium today.

Nope and neither were two people who are the embodiment of King's speech...Dr. Benjamin Carson and Condi Rice.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 01:04 AM
A human being who shouldn't be choosing a religious school to go to if she wants her school to cover her pills.

She targeted them...and she admits this...specifically because they didn't provide BC. She went there with the intent of forcing Georgetown to change their policy.

That's what Liberals do. Instead of going some place that thinks/acts/has policies that cater to their belief or certain ideology....they force others to bend to their will.

Imagine that. We can attack an argument and not a person. Wow!

Except when the argument and the person are intertwined...which is usually how it is with Liberals.

And at the national level...which is what the OP was about...99.9% of the time you see Conservatives doing just that...attack they argument...the premise or the ideology behind some new Liberal piece of stupidity...and Liberals respond with character assassination.

Don't believe me? Look at the Liberals typical response to ANY criticism of an Obama policy.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 01:08 AM

Well...for the record...you have complained. Not that it matters that you did it in a private room...because you have pages upon pages of posts here bitching and moaning and crying about how anyone who disagrees with your silly Liberal tripe or challenges one of your baseless assertions with facts is just being mean to you.

In any case, you used another person's login to access a forum that you obviously didn't have the right to go into. That's creepy. I don't know or think I even want to know why you'd do something that creepy.

Because the person wanted to make me aware of a) the hypocrisy of some people here and b) how you and others were whining about certain members here.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that got a sneak peek behind the curtain to see how you and others in your little secret group really feel about us.

You seriously give me the creeps right now.

Then either report me to the cops, leave or STFU about it. Your passive aggressive attempts to make me into some kind of stalker when I'm clearly not are a perfect example of what Ody was highlighting in the OP.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 01:12 AM
BTW guys, I do not go on private forums to complain about CUers.

Maybe not anymore...

Lanie
08-29-2013, 01:13 AM
Is there such a thing as a slut or a whore, if so what are your definitions?

So, if conservatives are justified when calling her a slut, then are liberals justified when they call Anne Coulter a bitch? A bitch is after all a hateful woman.

I guess everything is justified after all.

Hypocrites.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Maybe not anymore...

If it's the board I'm thinking it is, there's a rule there against dragging drama from other boards. I wouldn't have been able to get away with it even if I had done it.

Just stay away from me for now.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 01:37 AM
So, if conservatives are justified when calling her a slut, then are liberals justified when they call Anne Coulter a bitch? A bitch is after all a hateful woman.

By your definition so are you then...a bitch that is.

That's how Liberals think

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 01:38 AM
If it's the board I'm thinking it is, there's a rule there against dragging drama from other boards. I wouldn't have been able to get away with it even if I had done it.

Just stay away from me for now.

Block me or leave CU...otherwise I'm not going anywhere. This is the internet.

NJCardFan
08-29-2013, 01:48 AM

Hypocrites.
So you're saying that it was right that she was physically assaulted?

Lanie
08-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Block me or leave CU...otherwise I'm not going anywhere. This is the internet.

Because leaving solves the problem, right? You went to another board that I was supposedly at, used somebody else's log in, and look at people's PRIVATE posts. It makes me feel like it's not safe to post private thoughts anywhere. In theory, I already knew that, but it's different when somebody comes up to you and says they've been looking where they shouldn't be looking.

Would you like to know who that reminds me of? I'll give you a hint. He has more socks than the department store at JCPennys. He supposedly fell off the face of the planet, but he still emerges every now and then. He used the same reasoning you did for what he did. "Hey look at the mean things people say behind your back." And guess what? He WAS a stalker. He didn't stalk me that I'm aware of, but I can think of several people he did stalk. That crap hasn't left my mind and neither has his tactics.

I don't think you're a stalker, Tx. You don't have this other poster's history. You're just immature and undisciplined on the net. You have however creeped me out tonight. I'll get over it eventually. I will NOT be leaving CU unless I either don't want to be here or if the staff kicks me off. So YOU might as well get used to it. You're not going to run me off.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 01:54 AM

That's a jump. All I said was that it was okay to call her a bitch if we follow Rock's logic (if the person fits the definition, then that's what they are).

Physical assault is NEVER okay. It's ALWAYS wrong.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 06:00 AM
You're not going to run me off.

I'm not trying to run anyone off you obtuse toad. If anything that's what you're trying to do...just in your typical passive aggressive way.

YOU are the one calling me a creep and hinting at me being a stalker. Sounds like you are the one trying to set up grounds for getting someone booted.

I merely pointed out...as I will again...if it bothers you...tough shit. Nothing you can say or do will make me change or lighten up on you and your Liberal stupidity.

txradioguy
08-29-2013, 06:01 AM

That's exactly what she's saying...though she'll never admit it.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not trying to run anyone off you obtuse toad. If anything that's what you're trying to do...just in your typical passive aggressive way.

YOU are the one calling me a creep and hinting at me being a stalker. Sounds like you are the one trying to set up grounds for getting someone booted.

I merely pointed out...as I will again...if it bothers you...tough shit. Nothing you can say or do will make me change or lighten up on you and your Liberal stupidity.

I'm not trying to run you off. If I wanted you booted, I'd go straight to staff, which I haven't. What you did wasn't even a violation of *this* board. I'm a pretty fair person, and I'm pro-life, and I'm celibate. Nothing you say in this thread or another one changes that. Good day.

RobJohnson
08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
And DU is the only liberal forum out there..

They just claim to be the largest and clearly state that conservatives are not allowed to participate in discussions.

I could sign up at DU and not receive the warm welcome and huge group hug that we gave you here.

RobJohnson
08-29-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm a pretty fair person, and I'm pro-life, and I'm celibate. Nothing you say in this thread or another one changes that. Good day.

Is that how you justify your fairness?

Lanie
08-29-2013, 11:42 AM
They just claim to be the largest and clearly state that conservatives are not allowed to participate in discussions.

I could sign up at DU and not receive the warm welcome and huge group hug that we gave you here.

But you see, DU isn't the only liberal forum out there. Who cares what they claim about their importance?

Is that how you justify your fairness?

By telling somebody that the lies they spew about me on a regular basis aren't true? Yeah.

How does that statement go?

Don't try to keep explaining yourself. Your friends will understand. For your enemies, it won't make a difference. I'm pretty sure he wants to be my enemy. Whatever. I might use him later on to practice my debating skills since he insists on engaging me anyway.

Odysseus
08-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Okay Ody, I apologize for my hyperness this morning. I will try to be a little calmer here.

This is the paragraph that prompted the earlier response. Are you kidding Ody? I'd like to present some examples here.

We must define "calm" differently.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/12/teen-atheist-behind-prayer-mural-ban-threatened-with-rape-we-will-get-you-look-out/

Before that, she got threats through facebook and twitter.
http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-ahlquist-receives-terrorist-threat

Who came to her defense? Some moderate church leaders is all I found.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/01/26/moderate-religious-leaders-come-to-jessica-ahlquists-defense/

Jews are typically liberal in the US, and so are UUs. Baptists are typically conservative, but I'm thinking this might have been the more liberal Baptists. I could be wrong though. We have Muslims, and they're usually conservative although the Republican Party won't want to count them as such. In any case, it was only eighteen leaders. This condemnation of threatening a sixteen year old girl should have came out in the thousands.

While I agree that this is appalling conduct, it's also pretty obscure. Had I, or anyone else here, ever heard of this case, we'd have also been appalled by the death threats. However, comparing that to the en masse demonization of conservatives by the media and the left is comparing apples and watermelons.

Onto pro-choicers being called murderers and condemnation of it from conservatives:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/04/03/arkansas-state-representative-tells-pro-choice-mother-shes-a-murderer/

Now, let’s see if I can find a “Shame on your” to John Payton.
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+criticize+John+Payton
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+condemn+John+Payton
https://www.google.com/#fp=fcd671aebfed59eb&q=conservatives+%2B+John+Payton
Yeah, I didn’t find anything. Perhaps I didn’t google the right words?

Again, obscure. Almost every incident that I cited involved major figures in the media, academia or politics.

This was just creepy on Coulter’s part.

http://nation.foxnews.com/ann-coulter/2013/01/04/coulter-why-cant-we-get-list-women-who-have-abortions

What Anne was suggesting was that if a woman had an abortion, then she might just kill your child on the street. Therefore, we should list all the women who have had abortions. This was meant to be a backlash to Gawker's list of gun owners. Why couldn't Anne and other conservatives approached this subject the way I did at the time? I compared the publishing of gun owners to the Numerberg anti-abortion website (which posted the names of abortionists and other pro-choicers, marking their names out if they got killed or injured). I made that comparison to say how creepy the posting of the addresses of gun owners were. Instead, Anne comes up with something equally as outrageous as Gawker did. Anne Coulter has said a number of hateful things about liberals. Instead of condemning her behavior, conservatives embrace her. They'll defend every crappy, scary, and cruel thing she says about people.

Speaking of Gawker, he received death threats. Any conservative condemnation of it?

Gawker endangered the lives of gun owners by publishing his lists. Coulter's comment was creepy, but in the same vein, except that she wasn't actually advocating it.

http://t.msn.com/?fa=http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fus%2fgawker-gets-death-threats-after-publishing-list-of-nyc-gun-owners&ref=google&fid=AmNews-253308308-260346480

Rush Limbaugh and his insults:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/05/rush-limbaugh-sandra-fluke-apology/

According to this, he said that Sandra Fluke is a slut. Michelle Obama should look like an Ethiopian to take seriously. Obama wants natural disasters. NFL are like gangs.

Conservative reactions?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/george-will-republican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/levin-to-conservative-limbaugh-critics-do-not-ever-throw-out-leaders-under-the-bus/

This would be an issue if I hadn't already linked to conservative critics of Limbaugh's comments, and if he hadn't apologized. You are complaining, not that conservatives didn't criticize Rush, but that they didn't do it enough to satisfy you, which is not the same thing. However, there was criticism, and it was sufficient to get Rush to apologize. Again, where is the liberal/progressive/Democratic criticism of any of the examples that I cited? Even muted criticism would be something, but it doesn't seem to exist at all.

You can't get any clearer than this.

I will give some credit here though, and apparently so does Mother Jones.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/frank-luntz-rush-limbaugh-problematic-secret-tape

Somebody gets it.

More credit where it’s due:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/03/06/why-rush-is-wrong.html

Michele Malkin about Sandra Fluke
http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/02/sandra-fluke-is-not-a-slut-shes-a-femme-agogue-tool/

Name calling. Not very nice, and where's the conservative condemnation? Ody, you can't be serious with the above paragraph.

What's wrong with calling someone a femme-a-gogue? It's actually a very clever term that combines feminist and demagogue.

I agree that people shouldn't be fired or hired based on their politics. I have to say I try to avoid politics at work. Oddly enough, the last encounter I had was with my conservative co-worker. I finally told him in my own nice way to leave me alone about it. He was excited about the idea of talking about it too. I strongly feel that work and politics should be separate unless it's working on a campaign.

Fair enough, but in some industries, he'd have been fired for even making a conservative point. If you are in entertainment, academia, government or pretty much anywhere that liberals run the hiring and firing, just being a conservative can get you canned or blackballed. If you want personal experiences, PM me and I'll give you a few doozies.

I think you need to ask yourself why conservatives on the boards treat liberals a certain way on a regular basis. If it's not because they feel entitled, then what other possible reason could there be?

How about anger at being treated like that everywhere else? And, again, the treatment that you receive here, while not exactly gentle, is nothing compared to what we'd get at DU.

They were unsuccessful. It helped that the guy was a well known bigot dedicated to demonizing gays and anybody unlike him. I knew him well enough to know what he was like. It wasn't about being offended at PRIDE. It was about his own bigotry. Now, think about how many times I've called somebody a bigot for having opposing views on homosexuality. Hardly ever. It takes a lot to get me to break down and say that.

I haven't seen a lot of evidence of this. I will admit that I haven't researched it enough. I just know what my own college was like. Republicans would write for the school news paper along with liberals. They had their own group. At our commencement, we had a female speaker who said in the middle of her speech that she was a Republican. This was a liberal university. I do think universities are probably less tolerant toward conservatives than other atmospheres, but we need to look at the country as a whole. The country as a whole is not about universities.

Thanks for the link to the article. I think my response to that can be noted above.

Fair enough. But, as you pointed out, he was unsuccessful. Did he manage to get any of the campus conservative groups to go along with him, or did they show him the door, too? OTOH, look at all of the conservative groups on campuses that have been defunded or banned (and that doesn't include incidents in which publications containing conservative views are stolen or destroyed by students, who go unpunished, demonstrating tacit faculty approval). Here are some examples:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/22/conservative-student-group-sues-texas-am-over-funding-discrimination-claims/
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2011/05/18/BREAKING--University-of-Wisconsin---Milwaukee-Fights-to-Defund-College-Republicans
http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=11228
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/04/05/vanderbilts-tolerance-policy-forces-christian-groups-off-campus/

And, of course, there is the hostility to ROTC on campus. All of the Ivy League schools except for Cornell banned ROTC (Cornell would have lost its public funding as a land-grant college if it had, so it's not like they wanted to keep it). The public discussions on returning ROTC were viciously hateful, with vile attacks on campus veterans. Not one of the students involved at any school was disciplined by the college.

NJCardFan
08-29-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm a pretty fair person, and I'm pro-life, and I'm celibate. Nothing you say in this thread or another one changes that. Good day.

I have a feeling that your celibacy isn't by choice.

NFL are like gangs.

Do you even pay attention? NFL players, mostly the players of color, getting arrested for everything from domestic violence to murder. No other league, even the NBA which is often accused of being to gangsta, has the record of the NFL.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I have a feeling that your celibacy isn't by choice.

Women don't have to work nearly as hard on this subject as men do.

Lanie
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
We must define "calm" differently.

lol.

I don't want to rush into a response here, so I'll get back to you tonight.

Lanie
08-30-2013, 12:42 AM
While I agree that this is appalling conduct, it's also pretty obscure. Had I, or anyone else here, ever heard of this case, we'd have also been appalled by the death threats. However, comparing that to the en masse demonization of conservatives by the media and the left is comparing apples and watermelons.

I don't agree. First of all, the media isn't the only thing that matters. Second, this girl was threatened by a lot of people. How is that less important than Sarah Palin's son being called a name?

Gawker endangered the lives of gun owners by publishing his lists. Coulter's comment was creepy, but in the same vein, except that she wasn't actually advocating it.

True, but you realize Coulter has said a lot of hateful things about those she disagrees with, right? Replace liberal, Muslim, or some other type of person she's hated on with conservative and tell me if you wouldn't see it as hate.

This would be an issue if I hadn't already linked to conservative critics of Limbaugh's comments, and if he hadn't apologized. You are complaining, not that conservatives didn't criticize Rush, but that they didn't do it enough to satisfy you, which is not the same thing. However, there was criticism, and it was sufficient to get Rush to apologize. Again, where is the liberal/progressive/Democratic criticism of any of the examples that I cited? Even muted criticism would be something, but it doesn't seem to exist at all.

Enough conservative criticism would get him off of the air.

Like I said earlier, there was criticism of things such as the attacks on Palin. It was on forums and in real life. Conservatives don't acknowledge it. They only acknowledge the bad.

Fair enough, but in some industries, he'd have been fired for even making a conservative point. If you are in entertainment, academia, government or pretty much anywhere that liberals run the hiring and firing, just being a conservative can get you canned or blackballed. If you want personal experiences, PM me and I'll give you a few doozies.

I'm pretty sure that being a socially leaning conservative Christian played a part of getting my sister canned from her job. I have half a mind to make an anonymous call to OSHA and let them know what they're NOT doing in their factory, but I know it wouldn't result in anything. Yeah, I'd love to trade stories on that sometime. I will admit that I've never heard of a liberal being fired for being liberal. I have heard of gays being fired for being gay, but that's the closest it comes.

How about anger at being treated like that everywhere else? And, again, the treatment that you receive here, while not exactly gentle, is nothing compared to what we'd get at DU.

Ody, you act like there's a mass persecution of conservatives. There isn't. I suppose in some of the larger cities where a company might be ran by a conservative and in a university, conservatives are given a harder time. But honestly, conservatives own smaller towns for the most part (and they make up the majority of this country). You can get along here if you don't make too many waves. If you do make too many waves, then you might want to consider watching your back some. When I campaigned last year, I went to the county beside me. I didn't dare campaign where I was at.

As for message boards, as I said earlier, I used to go on atheist boards years ago. They're very liberal on a lot of subjects. Some of those atheists could get mean. I was called the "crackwhore of God" once. Later on, liberals said I was anti-woman for being pro-life. Now that I'm back to being pro-life, a "friend" of mine called me anti-woman. I've also endured the wrath of some liberals on a more personal level, so yes I know what you're talking about. But Ody, there are people here who personally want my blood. They lie about me. It wouldn't bother me if some people weren't falling for it hook, line, sinker.

Fair enough. But, as you pointed out, he was unsuccessful. Did he manage to get any of the campus conservative groups to go along with him, or did they show him the door, too?

They didn't show him the door. However, a woman did take over the College Republicans within about a year or so, and she made it clear that she was more moderate and that they didn't want to do things that would scare people away from the Republican Party. I was actually surprised when I visited that one time. (It made that one guy and a friend of his nearly jump out of their skin. lol). What I learned was that those two guys were being allowed to speak for all the College Republicans and they didn't necessarily like it.

OTOH, look at all of the conservative groups on campuses that have been defunded or banned (and that doesn't include incidents in which publications containing conservative views are stolen or destroyed by students, who go unpunished, demonstrating tacit faculty approval). Here are some examples:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/06/22/conservative-student-group-sues-texas-am-over-funding-discrimination-claims/
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2011/05/18/BREAKING--University-of-Wisconsin---Milwaukee-Fights-to-Defund-College-Republicans
http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=11228
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/04/05/vanderbilts-tolerance-policy-forces-christian-groups-off-campus/

Okay, I'm sorry to hear about that. I do think colleges are probably more hostile toward conservatives. I don't think mine was that bad, but some are.

And, of course, there is the hostility to ROTC on campus. All of the Ivy League schools except for Cornell banned ROTC (Cornell would have lost its public funding as a land-grant college if it had, so it's not like they wanted to keep it). The public discussions on returning ROTC were viciously hateful, with vile attacks on campus veterans. Not one of the students involved at any school was disciplined by the college.

I want to say I'm very sorry about the hatefulness on the part of those who didn't want the ROTC.

txradioguy
08-30-2013, 01:15 AM
And at the end of the day...yet again Bridget does her level best to defend bad behavior from her fellow Liberals while wagging a finger at the rest of us...all the while ignoring all of the well thought out and logical explanations given to her.

In 8 years at CU it's the only consistient thing about her...defending Liberalism no matter what.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Elspeth
08-30-2013, 01:37 AM
...all the while ignoring all of the well thought out and logical explanations given to her.

It's called "Truthiness":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

Truthiness is a quality characterizing a "truth" that a person making an argument or assertion claims to know intuitively "from the gut" or because it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.

American television comedian Stephen Colbert coined the word in this meaning[2] as the subject of a segment called "The Wørd" during the pilot episode of his political satire program The Colbert Report on October 17, 2005.

This describes Lanie to a T.

She can't read data.

She can't read charts.

She can't figure out what numbers mean.

She goes with her gut. If it feels right, she claims that it is truth, regardless of the evidence in front of her.

txradioguy
08-30-2013, 01:40 AM

She can't read data.

She can't read charts.

She goes with her gut. If it feels right, she claims that it is truth, regardless of the evidence in front of her.

Yup that's her to a T. In fact the last bit about "if it feels right" describes Liberalism as a whole.

Oops I better not criticize her again. Don't want another deduction from my karma from her for " being out for my blood on a regular basis."

:rolleyes:

And Bridget...I don't lie about you. I've got you nailed...looks like Elspeth does too. And THAT is what upsets you.

Elspeth
08-30-2013, 02:02 AM
And Bridget...I don't lie about you. I've got you nailed...looks like Elspeth does too. And THAT is what upsets you.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/whssign_zps10f2bb87.gif

NJCardFan
08-30-2013, 04:04 AM

She can't read data.

She can't read charts.

You hit the nail right on the head, son.

Odysseus
08-30-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't agree. First of all, the media isn't the only thing that matters. Second, this girl was threatened by a lot of people. How is that less important than Sarah Palin's son being called a name?

Palin's son wasn't simply called a name. Palin was repeatedly slandered and threatened. And, let's remember that she was a candidate for public office. The slanders, threats and assorted other monstrous acts were meant, not simply to make liberals feel good, but to prevent their loss of power. The attacks on an obscure activist are wrong, but they are obscure. They were not made by national figures who profess to govern the country or inform it. The attacks that I described were made by the leaders of liberal thought in America, the people who set the example. The people who threatened one teenager were an exception, while the people who threatened Palin, Bush, Cheney, etc. were not simply the rule, but the rulers.

True, but you realize Coulter has said a lot of hateful things about those she disagrees with, right? Replace liberal, Muslim, or some other type of person she's hated on with conservative and tell me if you wouldn't see it as hate.

You mean, like when liberals called everyone involved in the Iraq war murderers? Again, Coulter is a fringe element. She has a column, appears on a few news shows, but also gets criticized for her statements. Who criticizes the network anchors who call us murderers? The senators and congress members who accuse Republicans of faking information to create war? You cite outliers as proof that all conservatives act like her, but refuse to see that almost all liberals engage in the conduct that I've described.

Enough conservative criticism would get him off of the air.

Yes, and that's the goal, isn't it? Liberals have been gunning for Rush for decades because he is an effective communicator of conservative ideas, and ridicules the left. They hate that. They don't care about Sandra Fluke's sexual conduct or his characterization of it (She'd be safer with Rush than with Teddy Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner or Bob Filner), they just wanted to get Rush off of the air. It was an opportunity to censor him, not gallantry on behalf of a wronged lady (who had no problem discussing her birth control consumption in front of the national media). The outrage at Rush's comments was entirely contrived. It was no more real than the claim that Rush had slandered veterans a few years back, a false claim that Harry Reid used to generate a letter, signed by every senate Democrat, to demand Rush's removal from Clear Channel.

Like I said earlier, there was criticism of things such as the attacks on Palin. It was on forums and in real life. Conservatives don't acknowledge it. They only acknowledge the bad.

Then all that you need to do is link to one. Show me one major Democrat, liberal pundit or media person who defended Palin.

I'm pretty sure that being a socially leaning conservative Christian played a part of getting my sister canned from her job. I have half a mind to make an anonymous call to OSHA and let them know what they're NOT doing in their factory, but I know it wouldn't result in anything. Yeah, I'd love to trade stories on that sometime. I will admit that I've never heard of a liberal being fired for being liberal. I have heard of gays being fired for being gay, but that's the closest it comes.

Ody, you act like there's a mass persecution of conservatives. There isn't. I suppose in some of the larger cities where a company might be ran by a conservative and in a university, conservatives are given a harder time. But honestly, conservatives own smaller towns for the most part (and they make up the majority of this country). You can get along here if you don't make too many waves. If you do make too many waves, then you might want to consider watching your back some. When I campaigned last year, I went to the county beside me. I didn't dare campaign where I was at.

You're wrong about the mass persecution of conservatives. In key sectors of our nation, being a conservative means having a target on your back. Colleges fire conservative professors whenever they can, or they refuse to consider them in the first place. Conservative students are punished by liberal profs with grades (it happened to me once). In entertainment and media, being perceived as a conservative can keep you from working. If you don't think that the government persecutes conservatives, look at the IRS scandal.

As for message boards, as I said earlier, I used to go on atheist boards years ago. They're very liberal on a lot of subjects. Some of those atheists could get mean. I was called the "crackwhore of God" once. Later on, liberals said I was anti-woman for being pro-life. Now that I'm back to being pro-life, a "friend" of mine called me anti-woman. I've also endured the wrath of some liberals on a more personal level, so yes I know what you're talking about. But Ody, there are people here who personally want my blood. They lie about me. It wouldn't bother me if some people weren't falling for it hook, line, sinker.

There are (or were) people here who personally wanted my blood (remember Gator?). Sometimes, the debates get personal, and for that, I apologize, but again, it's the exception, not the rule. However, if people are lying about you, it's wrong. Next time it happens, show me and I'll address it. Fair enough?

They didn't show him the door. However, a woman did take over the College Republicans within about a year or so, and she made it clear that she was more moderate and that they didn't want to do things that would scare people away from the Republican Party. I was actually surprised when I visited that one time. (It made that one guy and a friend of his nearly jump out of their skin. lol). What I learned was that those two guys were being allowed to speak for all the College Republicans and they didn't necessarily like it.

Actually, they did show him the door, it just took some time. That's my point. Generally, Republicans try to be more civil than Democrats, and conservatives are more civil than liberals. The OP pointed out that this goes to the top. You cited examples of individual conservatives being rude to individual liberals, but think about it, who is more likely to say that his opposition is evil and try to censor him, a liberal or a conservative? Who is more likely to engage in substantive debate? Or, to put it another way, would this thread even exist at DU?

[QUOTE=Lanie;574831]Okay, I'm sorry to hear about that. I do think colleges are probably more hostile toward conservatives. I don't think mine was that bad, but some are.

Most are now like that, especially in the liberal arts. The left made a conscious decision decades ago to take over the universities, and they've succeeded. By doing so, they have also taken over the education programs that produce teachers in K-12, resulting in a gauntlet of increasingly restrictive political litmus tests for prospective teachers.

I want to say I'm very sorry about the hatefulness on the part of those who didn't want the ROTC.

I am, too, but at least I know better than to recruit at those campuses. Frankly, I wouldn't trust a Berkeley or Harvard grad to lead troops.

The rudeness that I've described isn't simply individual, it's institutional. It's a function of bullying as a means of gaining and keeping power. It's Alinsky tactics, and we call them on it because we don't want to be ruled, but governed.

Lanie
08-30-2013, 11:47 AM
And yet another thread gets turned into me by TRG and you all fell for it hook, line, sinker.

So, this is what I'm going to do.

I'm no longer going to defend myself against people who only care for blood or for following a particular leader.

I'm going to focus on the subject.

If you don't like it, you can call me out in Thunderdome where I'll ignore the request. I sort of invented declining the challenge before another board made it an official option. Seriously, I've totally ignored a bait thread before, so that's what it's going to be from here on out. I'm ignoring you all's bait.

Lanie
08-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Palin's son wasn't simply called a name. Palin was repeatedly slandered and threatened. And, let's remember that she was a candidate for public office. The slanders, threats and assorted other monstrous acts were meant, not simply to make liberals feel good, but to prevent their loss of power. The attacks on an obscure activist are wrong, but they are obscure. They were not made by national figures who profess to govern the country or inform it. The attacks that I described were made by the leaders of liberal thought in America, the people who set the example. The people who threatened one teenager were an exception, while the people who threatened Palin, Bush, Cheney, etc. were not simply the rule, but the rulers.

I don't agree with the idea that only national figures matter. Most of us don't even deal with national figures. I have trouble believing that people threatening the teenager are the exception since I can actually pull up similar cases in the past.

You mean, like when liberals called everyone involved in the Iraq war murderers? Again, Coulter is a fringe element. She has a column, appears on a few news shows, but also gets criticized for her statements.

By liberals. Can you show me links where conservatives criticize her?

Who criticizes the network anchors who call us murderers? The senators and congress members who accuse Republicans of faking information to create war? You cite outliers as proof that all conservatives act like her, but refuse to see that almost all liberals engage in the conduct that I've described.

Show me where "almost all liberals" engage in that conduct. I can think of some off the top of my head. Bill Maher, John Kerry to a point, and some Democrat senators who claim they were tricked into voting for war. That's NOT calling anybody involved with the war a murderer. That's calling out Bush. I know people in the military see it all as the same, but IT'S NOT. That argument only serves to try to silence anybody who wants to criticize the commander-in-chief (btw, what you do about the new one getting ready to do the same thing? sigh). Ody, you have to keep in mind that the stockpiles were not found. Even Bush said in his own book they weren't found. I've heard they found material to make new weapons, but they didn't find the weapons. What do you do when even Bush admits to it? Seriousy, if you want me to go check out his book and tell you the page where he said it, I will.

Yes, and that's the goal, isn't it? Liberals have been gunning for Rush for decades because he is an effective communicator of conservative ideas, and ridicules the left. They hate that. They don't care about Sandra Fluke's sexual conduct or his characterization of it (She'd be safer with Rush than with Teddy Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner or Bob Filner), they just wanted to get Rush off of the air. It was an opportunity to censor him, not gallantry on behalf of a wronged lady (who had no problem discussing her birth control consumption in front of the national media). The outrage at Rush's comments was entirely contrived. It was no more real than the claim that Rush had slandered veterans a few years back, a false claim that Harry Reid used to generate a letter, signed by every senate Democrat, to demand Rush's removal from Clear Channel.

You make it sound like Rush would be a victim. He wouldn't be. I wouldn't want the government to get involved with Rush's freedom of speech. I'd just like the free market to cause him to go off of the air. If conservatives (and liberals who have to listen for that matter) would stop listening to his insults of other people, he'd go off the air. For the record, this isn't the way to win people to your side. Insults only serve to make people look at the other side.

Then all that you need to do is link to one. Show me one major Democrat, liberal pundit or media person who defended Palin.

I will work on that today.

You're wrong about the mass persecution of conservatives. In key sectors of our nation, being a conservative means having a target on your back. Colleges fire conservative professors whenever they can, or they refuse to consider them in the first place. Conservative students are punished by liberal profs with grades (it happened to me once). In entertainment and media, being perceived as a conservative can keep you from working. If you don't think that the government persecutes conservatives, look at the IRS scandal.

Colleges and the entertainment industry are a small sector of things. Did you know you can write your own conservative leaning stuff and get it published independently or with other companies? That doesn't help actors and directors much though. With media, conservatives are forming all their own independent news. I know because I've been reading some of it. The internet has opened a door that liberal leaning Hollywood and the liberal leaning press can't close.

There are (or were) people here who personally wanted my blood (remember Gator?). Sometimes, the debates get personal, and for that, I apologize, but again, it's the exception, not the rule. However, if people are lying about you, it's wrong. Next time it happens, show me and I'll address it. Fair enough?

Sorry to hear about gator. In my case, there's an active movement to prove I'm lying about being pro-life now. I thought it was because I was so pro-choice years ago. I don't think that's the case now. I think this person just wants my blood. I'm not the only person he's been like that around in the past. I also can't help but think that in order to be considered pro-life on here, you have to be conservative on the economical issues. If you think that families should receieve assistance, then you must think that kids are inconvenient and you must favor abortion. That's the spin I'm seeing. I can think of some nasty arguments to make back to that, but I'm not that type of person.

Actually, they did show him the door, it just took some time. That's my point. Generally, Republicans try to be more civil than Democrats, and conservatives are more civil than liberals. The OP pointed out that this goes to the top. You cited examples of individual conservatives being rude to individual liberals, but think about it, who is more likely to say that his opposition is evil and try to censor him, a liberal or a conservative? Who is more likely to engage in substantive debate? Or, to put it another way, would this thread even exist at DU?

This conversation wouldn't happen on DU, but I think it could happen in certain other liberal atmospheres. Liberals can't even talk on DU. lol.

Most are now like that, especially in the liberal arts. The left made a conscious decision decades ago to take over the universities, and they've succeeded. By doing so, they have also taken over the education programs that produce teachers in K-12, resulting in a gauntlet of increasingly restrictive political litmus tests for prospective teachers.

I haven't had time to really research it, but I will take your word for it for now.

I am, too, but at least I know better than to recruit at those campuses. Frankly, I wouldn't trust a Berkeley or Harvard grad to lead troops.

I didn't trust Berkely in my most liberal days. Did you hear about the backlash to the pro-Israel rally in I think 2002? Crazy.

NJCardFan
08-30-2013, 01:48 PM
And yet another thread gets turned into me by TRG and you all fell for it hook, line, sinker.

I'm no longer going to defend myself against people who only care for blood or for following a particular leader.

If you don't like it, you can call me out in Thunderdome where I'll ignore the request. I sort of invented declining the challenge before another board made it an official option. Seriously, I've totally ignored a bait thread before, so that's what it's going to be from here on out. I'm ignoring you all's bait.

You're the shining example of classic cowardly liberal behavior. So, from here on out, you're going to go into a particular thread, spread your usual unsubstantiated B.S. and then not engage anyone who challenges you? This isn't the DU, sweetie. If you want to post in an echo chamber then perhaps you should return there.

Lanie
08-30-2013, 02:27 PM
You're the shining example of classic cowardly liberal behavior. So, from here on out, you're going to go into a particular thread, spread your usual unsubstantiated B.S. and then not engage anyone who challenges you? This isn't the DU, sweetie. If you want to post in an echo chamber then perhaps you should return there.

If you want to speak with me about a political subject, then I'll engage you. If you want to talk to me about me as a person, then you can just go away.

Meanwhile, I have to get away from the drama for a little bit. I've had enough.

txradioguy
08-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Can you show me links where conservatives criticize her?

When will you learn.

Mark Levin:

“I assume there she’s calling — hopefully I’m wrong — Sarah Palin there a charlatan,” he said. “This is fascinating to me. Ann, how do you make your income? You give speeches? Make extreme comments? Throw a lot of fists and elbows? Sarah Palin has contributed an enormous amount to the conservative movement, the tea party and to current public debate. She’s somebody to emulate, not to smear.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/16/mark-levin-vs-ann-coulter-conservative-radio-host-challenges-criticism-of-sarah-palin/

Michelle Malkin:

"What a stupid, shallow thing to say, Ann," fellow conservative pundit Michelle Malkin tweeted in response early on Tuesday.

"She sure doesn’t speak for us," the staff of Malkin's social media site Twitchy wrote in an article headlined "Groan: Ann Coulter calls President Obama a 'retard.' "

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/263589-michelle-malkin-criticizes-ann-coulter-for-calling-obama-the-retard

And from RedState:

cannot believe what I just read. Ann Coulter has completely and permanently lost all my respect.

Not only was she one of the most vocal pushers-of-Romney-down-our-throats during the primary, now she has the audacity to write an article defending Romney to the hilt and practically daring anyone to criticize him in any fashion.

But the final straw in the piece was her cutting insults of those of us who don’t think we should allow babies to be murdered in the womb.

You can see for yourself here: http://www.humanevents.com/2012/11/07/ann-coulter-dont-blame-romney/

She needs to be exposed as one of the main reasons we lost this election so badly and thrown out of conservative circles. She is not a conservative, feels no remorse for the role she played in pushing a liberal from Massachusetts on us and now we know clearly that she feels no qualms whatsoever about insulting pro-lifers.

Goodbye, Ann.

http://www.redstate.com/westcoastpatriette/2012/11/07/ann-coulter-has-a-lot-of-nerve/

Shall I continue?

NJCardFan
08-31-2013, 12:02 AM
If you want to speak with me about a political subject, then I'll engage you. If you want to talk to me about me as a person, then you can just go away.

Meanwhile, I have to get away from the drama for a little bit. I've had enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

RobJohnson
08-31-2013, 10:36 AM

Always playing the victim when you lose a debate.

NJCardFan
08-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Always playing the victim when you lose a debate.

Par for the course my friend.

Lanie
09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
When will you learn.

Mark Levin:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/16/mark-levin-vs-ann-coulter-conservative-radio-host-challenges-criticism-of-sarah-palin/

Michelle Malkin:

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/263589-michelle-malkin-criticizes-ann-coulter-for-calling-obama-the-retard

And from RedState:

http://www.redstate.com/westcoastpatriette/2012/11/07/ann-coulter-has-a-lot-of-nerve/

Shall I continue?

Okay, I stand corrected. Thank you for that.

Lanie
09-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Ody, you asked for an example of a liberal defending Palin against attacks.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/13/an-awful-ghastly-horrible-liberal-prominent-atheist-scientist-lashes-out-at-bill-maher-after-he-allegedly-called-palins-son-retarded/

It seems PZ Myers, an atheist scientist who has made a name for himself in the non-theist and “freethought” movement, is less-than-pleased with Bill Maher. Following allegations that the comedian recently called former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s son, Trig, “retarded,” Myers lashed out on his blog. In a stinging, yet short, rebuke, he called Maher “an awful, ghastly, horrible liberal.”

“Now Bill Maher is laughing at Sarah Palin’s Down syndrome child. It’s the same thing,” Myers wrote. “The one thing I can respect about Palin, that she seems to treat all of her children equally, is a joke to Maher.”

These people below were okay with criticizing Sarah Palin, but thought sexist remarks should be left out of things because it went against feminist ideology.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/27/960371/-Why-we-must-defend-Sarah-Palin#

(Sorry for the above link guys)

She is, as I have said before, hyper-partisan, painfully ignorant, pathologically dishonest, chronically unethical, intellectually unconscious, and jaw-droppingly stupid. And those are her better qualities.

But that does not mean that sexist attacks on her are immune from criticism. Last week, on his show Real Time, Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a "dumb twat." This was, of course, his typically politically incorrect shorthand way of saying that Palin is, as many have said before, and justifiably so, an idiot. But his use of the word "twat" to describe her raised the ire of Lisa Bennett, Communications Director for the National Organization for Women, who released this statement in response:

Listen, supposedly progressive men (ok, and women, too): Cut the crap! Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don't like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs. OK? Can you do that, please? If you think someone's an idiot or a danger to the country, feel free to say so, but try to keep their sex out of it. Sexist insults have an impact on all women.
This is not a new criticism. Many feminists believe that using words such as "twat" or "****" are gender-specific slurs that, intentionally or not, degrade women and women's anatomy by using them as an insult.
On her Facebook page, Palin appeared to agree with NOW, calling Maher's comment "personal, vulgar, sexist venom." But Palin also had a message for NOW. In an interview on—where else?—Fox News, Palin said, "By the way, I need NOW's defense like a fish needs a bicycle. I don't want them to defend me."

So, we have somebody known for their "freethought" (liberal concept IMO), a Kos person, and NOW person. Palin doesn't even want people to defend her, which raises the question as to whether liberals should defend her. However, she's not their mom and she can't tell them who to defend.

Retread
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM

And still waiting..... (neither of your links are worth the question.)

NJCardFan
09-02-2013, 12:00 AM
So, we have somebody known for their "freethought" (liberal concept IMO),

Oh bullshit. Liberalism is all about the collective. Any "free thought" is dealt with severely and with ill humor.

txradioguy
09-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Oh bullshit. Liberalism is all about the collective. Any "free thought" is dealt with severely and with ill humor.

QFT

Odysseus
09-02-2013, 11:45 AM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/13/an-awful-ghastly-horrible-liberal-prominent-atheist-scientist-lashes-out-at-bill-maher-after-he-allegedly-called-palins-son-retarded/

Prominent? Whoever heard of this guy? Limbaugh took heat from the Speaker of the House. Coulter was criticized by some pretty heavy hitters (Michelle Malkin, Mark Levin, the editors at Redstate). The equivalent on the left at the time would've been some of the MSNBC or Air America hosts, but they were all too busy piling on and making worse comments.

These people below were okay with criticizing Sarah Palin, but thought sexist remarks should be left out of things because it went against feminist ideology.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/27/960371/-Why-we-must-defend-Sarah-Palin#

(Sorry for the above link guys)

Again, an obscure poster at Daily Kos. Did Markos object? Nope.

That's the point. Coulter was torn into by conservatives with followings, people who not only have opinions, but shape them. Their statements carried weight. A couple of obscure liberals pissing into the prevailing wind of leftist orthodoxy isn't remotely comparable. The fact is that the liberal establishment, the media, academia, government, etc, were all okay with vile attacks on conservatives, and nobody of any stature within those groups was willing to stand up and speak out against behavior that was despicable, cowardly and utterly uncalled for.

So, we have somebody known for their "freethought" (liberal concept IMO), a Kos person, and NOW person. Palin doesn't even want people to defend her, which raises the question as to whether liberals should defend her. However, she's not their mom and she can't tell them who to defend.

Free thinking is a classical liberal concept, that is, liberalism as it was practiced before the communists co-opted the term in order to hide their agenda. The liberals of the 1800s were free thinkers. The liberals of today are lock-stepped lemmings. The obscurity of the examples that you cited prove it.

Lanie, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that you're not a full on liberal. You care about individuals, and won't break the eggs needed to make the progressive omelet. You still believe some of the doctrine, but mostly because you still believe some of the stereotypes.

As for the OP, people tend to form groups, and once in those groups, they tend to view outsiders as suspect. This is the nature of tribes, clans and pretty much all human associations. But, not all groups are the same. Some are inclusive, and allow others to join. Some are capable of introspection and debate, while some are not. Some form cultures of free thought, free expression of ideas and commitment to ideals, and some form cultures of power, in which dissent is punished, often severely. The difference between the left and the right today is that the left is committed to power, while the right is committed to ideas. A group committed to ideas will have rollicking, raucous and even angry debates, but they will debate. A group committed to power will have conformity, and reserve its ire for anyone who threatens their power base. A leftist's view of diversity is a roomful of leftists with skin-deep differences, but whose thoughts are aligned like magnets. A conservative's view of diversity is a libertarian, a social conservative, a Neocon and a Whig having a debate about the consequences of free markets on behavior, or abortion, or any other subject. Don't confuse the rough and tumble arguments that we have here with the totalitarian exclusion of dissent that you find on the left.