PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman’s Wife Speaks Out

Rockntractor
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
George Zimmerman’s Wife Speaks Out: Marriage on the Rocks After Terror of Living in Hiding
Aug. 29, 2013 12:30pm Erica Ritz

George Zimmerman’s wife Shellie, who was sentenced Wednesday to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge, revealed in an ABC News interview Thursday that she’ll “have to think about” whether she wants to stay married to her husband.
he couple has been living “like gypsies” for the past year and a half, Shellie Zimmerman said, after her husband fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in what a jury ultimately decided was self-defense.

“We’ve lived in a 20-foot trailer in the woods, scared every night that someone would go and find us and that it would be horrific,” she told ABC.

Reflecting on the countless death threats they’ve received and all they’ve been through, Shellie Zimmerman added: “I can’t tell you how many nights I’ve gone or laid awake at night just thinking that I wish to God the circumstances had been different.”
Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/29/george-zimmermans-wife-speaks-out-marriage-on-the-rocks-after-terror-of-living-in-hiding/

Misdemeanor perjury charge?I hadn't heard about this.

Rockntractor
08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
George Zimmerman’s Wife Pleads Guilty…
Aug. 28, 2013 11:10am Oliver Darcy

The wife of George Zimmerman pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge on Wednesday and was sentenced to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service.

Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of the neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the fatal shooting of teenager Trayvon Martin, pleaded guilty to lying during a bail hearing after her husband’s arrest, the Associated Press reported.
Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/28/george-zimmermans-wife-pleads-guilty/

Okay, I'm remembering now, haven't these people been tormented enough?

Elspeth
08-29-2013, 09:25 PM
O'Mara got a plea deal instead of having the thing go to trial. Of course, O'Mara was part of the problem. This post at Conservative Treehouse (http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/08/28/shellie-zimmerman-takes-plea-deal-admits-guilt-state-of-florida-v-shellie-zimmerman/) gives the back story.

The Zimmermans have been screwed over. Shellie has been under the gun for over a year. In the end, she was following instructions given to her by O'Mara.

The liberals will never let go of St. Skittles. He makes too good a story. It's a great fund raising tool and a great way to pretend to have the moral high ground and stoke white guilt. Except that some of us who used to have genuine feelings no longer have them.

May these people reap what they have sown.

Novaheart
08-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Seems to me that if Zimmerman was acquitted then Shelly couldn't be guilty of perjury because the case never should have been brought in the first place. Isn't there a body of law to that effect?

djones520
08-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Seems to me that if Zimmerman was acquitted then Shelly couldn't be guilty of perjury because the case never should have been brought in the first place. Isn't there a body of law to that effect?

Not that I've heard of. She lied under oath, seems pretty clear cut. You swear to tell the truth, period. Innocence of your husband has nothing to do with that.

Sonnabend
08-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Not that I've heard of. She lied under oath, seems pretty clear cut.

Yeah. But in all truth, my guess is she panicked and didnt know what the hell to do..she lied to try and deal with a situation she should never have been in.

She should have told the truth, granted, but at the same time I understand why.

Elspeth
08-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Not that I've heard of. She lied under oath, seems pretty clear cut. You swear to tell the truth, period. Innocence of your husband has nothing to do with that.

Read the back story first. Her "lie" was a result of her lawyer's advice.

Retread
08-30-2013, 10:32 PM
The truth was: they had money for legal fees but none for groceries. Is that broke or not? From the homemakers standpoint, I think it would be.

Sonnabend
08-31-2013, 09:03 AM
The truth was: they had money for legal fees but none for groceries. Is that broke or not? From the homemakers standpoint, I think it would be.

Earmark money for lawyers and starve

Spend money on food and lawyer debt collector is at your door

Ugh.

Novaheart
08-31-2013, 12:01 PM

OK - But what kind of country do we live in where a judge is allowed to take away the money you need to defend yourself? I can understand it in the case of a bank robber. Obviously, the robber shouldn't be able to use the money he stole to defend himself, but Zimmerman's defense fund was not stolen money, nor was it bail money, it was defense money.

Moreover, under what criteria did this idiot judge decide that Zimmerman was a flight risk? The Blacksdemandit Rule?

Rockntractor
08-31-2013, 12:07 PM
OK - But what kind of country do we live in where a judge is allowed to take away the money you need to defend yourself? I can understand it in the case of a bank robber. Obviously, the robber shouldn't be able to use the money he stole to defend himself, but Zimmerman's defense fund was not stolen money, nor was it bail money, it was defense money.

Moreover, under what criteria did this idiot judge decide that Zimmerman was a flight risk? The Blacksdemandit Rule?

All very good points and when you look at them you realize just how much they had the deck stacked against him. It is amazing he overcame the joint efforts of the united States government, the government of Florida and the black lobby!

Oh and last but not least the media.