PDA

View Full Version : I have failed..

Bailey
09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I went to get my daughter a cell phone and all she wanted was a Iphone 5 when she could've got a better droid phone at half the price. I feel I have failed as a Dad :(

Janice
09-11-2013, 12:19 PM
So, kids know best now? http://i.imgur.com/NFEia.gif

Bailey
09-11-2013, 01:12 PM
So, kids know best now? http://i.imgur.com/NFEia.gif

I am trying to tell her "hey this phone is better and cheaper" but she is a hopeless phangurl of apple. I can't remember if i fell for fads like her but I sure hope not lol

ABC
09-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I can't remember if i fell for fads like her but I sure hope not lol

Don't know how old you are, Bailey ...

But bet you had "Super City" and "Hot Wheels" up the wazoo! :biggrin-new:

Bailey
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't know how old you are, Bailey ...

But bet you had "Super City" and "Hot Wheels" up the wazoo! :biggrin-new:

I had Match box cars and atari lol

txradioguy
09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I had Match box cars and atari lol

Same here.

So meet in the middle...get her the new BlackBerry Z10.

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Tell her it's a Droid or this...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/Funnyoldlife/tin-can-telephone.jpg

Or did you already cave???? :biggrin-new:

Bailey
09-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Tell her it's a Droid or this...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/Funnyoldlife/tin-can-telephone.jpg

Or did you already cave???? :biggrin-new:

Of course I caved, she is a good kid :)

newshutr
09-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Same here.

So meet in the middle...get her the new BlackBerry Z10.

I whole heartedly support this post..and agree 1000%..

Novaheart
09-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Of course I caved, she is a good kid :)

There are probably good reasons other than fashion for her to have an iPhone. If most of her friends have iPhones or iPads or iMacs then there are still compatibility issues if you have an Android.

I have a Galaxy SII that I have had for two years and consider superior to the iPhone for several reasons. Even my little sister who works on the Mothership thinks it's cool (but not as good as an Apple of course). I have no problems with it whatsoever.

The problem is that the iPads 1 - 3 do not have universal Bluetooth connectivity. They can't pair with anything except an iPhone. My macbook can pair with my Galaxy as can my mom's imac, but her ipad can't. So to give her files, i have to send them in email.

Novaheart
09-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Oh, but the Galaxy can only pair with a Samsung printer and who the hell has a samsung printer? The iphone can pair with any printer.

RobJohnson
09-12-2013, 04:42 AM
I tried a Droid. I love my iPhone. Carry on.

Bailey
09-12-2013, 05:06 AM
There are probably good reasons other than fashion for her to have an iPhone. If most of her friends have iPhones or iPads or iMacs then there are still compatibility issues if you have an Android.

I have a Galaxy SII that I have had for two years and consider superior to the iPhone for several reasons. Even my little sister who works on the Mothership thinks it's cool (but not as good as an Apple of course). I have no problems with it whatsoever.

The problem is that the iPads 1 - 3 do not have universal Bluetooth connectivity. They can't pair with anything except an iPhone. My macbook can pair with my Galaxy as can my mom's imac, but her ipad can't. So to give her files, i have to send them in email.

It also probably has something to do with conformity, who wants to be the only kid without an Iphone lol

RobJohnson
09-12-2013, 05:57 AM
It also probably has something to do with conformity, who wants to be the only kid without an Iphone lol

Most kids that I know are just happy to have a smart phone.

linda22003
09-12-2013, 09:39 AM
She can have anything she wants if she's paying for it herself.

Bailey
09-12-2013, 09:46 AM
She can have anything she wants if she's paying for it herself.

Hard for an 11 year old to pay for a phone but I do believe in child work gangs...

Bailey
09-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Most kids that I know are just happy to have a smart phone.

You'd think that but most kids I know (through my daughter) have Icrappel products.

linda22003
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Hard for an 11 year old to pay for a phone but I do believe in child work gangs...

If she's eleven, she's dependent on what you decide to give her. As the essayist Fran Lebowitz said, "Ask a child what he wants for dinner only if he's buying."

Bailey
09-12-2013, 10:31 AM
If she's eleven, she's dependent on what you decide to give her. As the essayist Fran Lebowitz said, "Ask a child what he wants for dinner only if he's buying."

True but she helps around the house (more than what she has to do for her chores) so If she wants an inferior phone thats her choice, the price difference wasn't all that much.

Bailey
09-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I am just disappointed that I didn't teach her better in picking out consumer based products.

namvet
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I am just disappointed that I didn't teach her better in picking out consumer based products.

hopefully she's not old enough to drive and text