PDA

View Full Version : The puppy I'm hoping to adopt tomorrow!

noonwitch
09-30-2013, 01:58 PM
delia

This is me and the puppy I hope they will let me adopt tomorrow!

noonwitch
09-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Sorry it didn't work. I'm not really good at posting from my email to the web. I managed to get it on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/susanne.miner.3

Novaheart
09-30-2013, 02:11 PM
adorable

Madisonian
09-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Cute.
Hope everything works out well for the 2 of you.

SarasotaRepub
09-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Very cute pupper!!:star:

Lanie
09-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Very adorable. I hope you get to take the puppy home tomorrow.

RobJohnson
10-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Sorry it didn't work. I'm not really good at posting from my email to the web. I managed to get it on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/susanne.miner.3

Both are cute. I am sure they will approve the adoption.

NJCardFan
10-01-2013, 02:54 AM
She's beautiful Noon. Hope it works out.

noonwitch
10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I did get a puppy, but not the one in the picture. Someone had already applied to adopt her, they should have told me that when I applied.

Still, I got a little Jack Russell mix. She's cute and smart. I'm used to big dogs, but she's sweet and I really wanted a dog, badly, missing Katie and all.

My 17 year old cat is not thrilled, though. I put Delia (the puppy) in the bathroom for work, so the cat should be okay.

RobJohnson
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
That stinks that they did not tell you.

At least you were still able to find one to adopt.

SaintLouieWoman
10-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Your new dog sounds cute. How old is she? Terriers can be an utter terror til they mellow a bit and are smart, fun dogs. SR's folks have a JRT mix. She's a cutie but afraid of the greyhounds, probably because they're so tall. Heaven knows they wouldn't harm her at all.

Some time ago I sent a PM, which I guess that you didn't receive. I did have 2 pairs of norwegian elkhound earrings that you can have if you want them (and if you have pierced ears). They were really hard to find. PM me if you'd like them.

noonwitch
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I kept the name Delia for her, it actually fits her better than it did the other puppy.

She's high strung, but sweet. She's not really taking to the whole housebreaking thing, but it's only been a few days. I'm pretty experienced with that process, so I think she'll take to it eventually. I just hate mopping. I'm hoping to make some progress over the weekend, plus, I'm going to bathe her tonight and taking her for her 3rd distemper/parvo shot tomorrow. I'm going to get her spayed in November, probably Veteran's Day weekend, since I'll have some time to spend with her, and she will be healed up pretty much for Thanksgiving and X-mas.

She does seem to be afraid of a lot of things, but she is a shelter puppy. She is 3 months old, and is white with brown spots, and very cute muzzle (brown, with a white line down her nose/forehead to her mouth, and black freckles). She has floppy brown ears.

My ancient cat is getting used to her and is even to the point where she will come into the same room as Delia. This morning, Miranda was laying on the kitchen counter while Delia was jumping up, trying to get her (she's still too small). Miranda swatted her on the head a couple of times without extending her claws or hissing, so it's progress. Delia is not afraid of the cat, nor of people.