PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Want To Cook Friday.

Gingersnap
10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't want to cook tomorrow night and while I normally just turn Mr. Snaps loose on these occasions, I was wondering what your best minimal cooking ideas were.

(Yes, we could go out, order in, leech off family or the neighbors but I don't want to do that.)

No ramen. No fake food.

I'm looking for assemble it and forget stuff. :)

patriot45
10-02-2008, 10:32 PM
TV dinner! :D
Hungry man 1 1/2 lbs of semi food!

LibraryLady
10-02-2008, 10:34 PM
We are getting a Pizza Hut Pasta.

Gingersnap
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Do you people not read or are you just all minions of the fake food Satan? :D

Phillygirl
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Cheese sandwiches.

LibraryLady
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I read it. You eliminated all my options so I just told you what I was doing.

Gingersnap
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I read it. You eliminated all my options so I just told you what I was doing.

Well, that's completely honest and transparent so I'm giving you a pass. These other people though, they are evil. :D

Cold Warrior
10-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't cook anything. Have some...

Sliced tomatoes, mozerella, olive oil, black olives, and basil with sliced baguette
A sampling of cheeses, to include St. Andre, Camembert, and Chevre
Some cold meats, to include peppercorn salami and prosciutto
A salad with greens, crushed walnuts, stilton cheese, and pears with a rasberry vinegrette dressing
A very chilled Montrachet

Lemon sorbet topped with a bit of vodka

megimoo
10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, that's completely honest and transparent so I'm giving you a pass. These other people though, they are evil. :D
Homemade Chicken pie.

I generally start with two cans of chicken stock in a wok .Add two large bags of frozen peas,carrots,corn,Lima bean mixed vegstables and a bag of small white pearl onions . when they are just tender add about six pounds of chicken tenders cutup and cook until they just turn white.Salt pepper and when boiling add a half cup of flour mixed in cold water to thicken the mixture.

I turn the whole thing into a large rectangular oven pan and cover with two large sheets of pie top dough .vent the dough and Dot with a bunch of butter, salt and pepper and place into a pre heated 400 degree oven and cook until brown on top .A full pan is enough to generously feed about twelve people and there are always leftovers .The whole thing takes about two hours .

Goldwater
10-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Have a salad with mackerel, mmm good.

Sonnabend
10-03-2008, 06:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/VertexOfLife/do-not-want-dog.jpg

linda22003
10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Take one of the many batches of homemade soup that are no doubt in the freezer, and heat it up.

noonwitch
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Barbecups:

1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion
BBQ sauce, to taste
Cheese
1 can of biscuits

Preheat oven to medium heat-350 degrees or so

brown meat and onion, drain off excess grease. Add BBQ sauce. Push biscuits into spots in a muffin pan, to make cups. Fill the cups with the meat mixture and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, sprinkle chees on top, and stick back into the oven until the cheese melts. Serve. Kids love them, and it takes around 30 minutes or less to make them.

Gingersnap
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Have a salad with mackerel, mmm good.

Dude, that's what I feed to the dogs. :p

Goldwater
10-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Dude, that's what I feed to the dogs. :p

I want to be your dog.

Ree
10-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Throw ssomethin in the crockpot with some veggies...cook all day....dinner

Gingersnap
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I want to be your dog.

Yeah, you and half the male population. Fetch, boy! :p

megimoo
10-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, you and half the male population. Fetch, boy! :pWatchout, I fear he's not housebroken and he leans to the left !

Kristin
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm making chicken parm for dinner. I buy breaded chicken breasts, cook them in the oven per the package directions. While those are cooking, make some pasta. When the chicken is done, top with some jar spaghetti sauce and some cheese. Heat up the rest of the sauce in the microwave or just toss it in with the spaghetti to warm it up. It's an awesome dinner that doesn't require a lot of time or work. You can have it done in about 30 minutes with about 10 minutes of active cooking.

Kristin
www.klingtocash.com

Teetop
10-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Popeye's fried chicken (spicy) with red beans and rice.

Claret1995
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Don't cook anything. Have some...

Sliced tomatoes, mozerella, olive oil, black olives, and basil with sliced baguette
A sampling of cheeses, to include St. Andre, Camembert, and Chevre
Some cold meats, to include peppercorn salami and prosciutto
A salad with greens, crushed walnuts, stilton cheese, and pears with a rasberry vinegrette dressing
A very chilled Montrachet

Lemon sorbet topped with a bit of vodka

Please Please Please

Do not heavily chill "QUALITY WHITE WINES"

They have subtle qualities that cold hides from your palate.

Usually I (at best) stick a bottle in the fridge for no more than 15 minutes

Goldwater
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Watchout, I fear he's not housebroken and he leans to the left !

Better than a dog who knows no tricks. ;)

biccat
10-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm a fan of going to Wal-Mart (or your local grocery store) and buying a rotissarie chicken. You can also get some good bread and lettuce & tomatos, if you're into that sort of thing.

At that point you might as well open a can of bacon and make club sandwiches.

Hawkgirl
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
BLT with a side of chips.
Grilled cheese with a side of tater tots.
PB & J with a glass of milk
Chef salad with romaine lettuce, tomatos, sliced american cheese, ham and turkey with Thousand Island dressing
Cheese or Western omelette

These are my quick dinners when I don't feel like cooking.

Cold Warrior
10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
BLT with a side of chips.
Grilled cheese with a side of tater tots.
PB & J with a glass of milk
Chef salad with romaine lettuce, tomatos, sliced american cheese, ham and turkey with Thousand Island dressing
Cheese or Western omelette

These are my quick dinners when I don't feel like cooking.

Grilled cheese with a side of chips, a pickle, and a very cold bottle of white wine. Best cheap meal in the world. It used to be my regular meal in a place far away and a time long ago.

Aaron Burr
10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
1 fresh tuna steak 5.99
1 package corn tortillas 2.39
1 container chunky salsa 3.99
1 container guacamole 5.99
1 lime .50

Heat grill pan to high heat. Rub olive oil on tuna steak. Grill both sides, 1 minute or so each. Longer time if steak is thicker than an inch and a half. Place tuna on cutting board. Cut like regular steak into strips along the bias.

Wrap a stack of 12 corn tortillas in foil and heat in oven. 300 for 5-8 minutes.

Assemble soft taco. Optionally served with 7oz Coronitas, or any light ale.

The only cooking is the tuna, and you just grill the outside, the middle is still pink. It's quick, tasty, and it has something warm in it. Eating cold food never quite hits the spot. A cheaper version of this recipe substitutes black beans from a can for guacamole with no adverse results.

No plates, only one pan and some utensils. Anything easier and I would have to go with Popeye's red beans and rice and some biscuits.

Hawkgirl
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Grilled cheese with a side of chips, a pickle, and a very cold bottle of white wine. Best cheap meal in the world. It used to be my regular meal in a place far away and a time long ago.

Nothing says comfort food like a grilled cheese sammie...;)