PDA

View Full Version : Booker. Despite the fact that he's a scumbag and almost as big a failure as Barry...

JB
10-16-2013, 03:19 AM
I don't see how he loses today.

Enjoy it Jersey.

noonwitch
10-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Didn't he run into a burning building and get someone out of the fire? You can't buy publicity like that garnered.

Rockntractor
10-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Didn't he run into a burning building and get someone out of the fire? You can't buy publicity like that garnered.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/rescue_victim_i_feel_blessed_t.html

NJCardFan
10-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Jersey hasn't had an elected Senator since 1955. That won't change today even though Lonagan is someone we need in the Senate. But something that confuses me. NJ hasn't elected a Republican senator since 1955 as I noted before. It hasn't gone GOP in the presidential election since 1988. And yet we've elected 2 Republican governors, both were/will be re-elected. I don't get it.

noonwitch
10-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Jersey hasn't had an elected Senator since 1955. That won't change today even though Lonagan is someone we need in the Senate. But something that confuses me. NJ hasn't elected a Republican senator since 1955 as I noted before. It hasn't gone GOP in the presidential election since 1988. And yet we've elected 2 Republican governors, both were/will be re-elected. I don't get it.

Michigan is similar, in a lot of ways. As of now, both Senators are dems, but the current governor and AG are republicans. Michigan has voted for democrats for President consistently since 1992. Yet, John Engler, a very conservative republican, served 3 terms as governor, from 1991 to 2003.

Michigan swings on the Governors, though. When I was a kid, Milliken, a liberal republican held the office. Then James Blanchard, a liberal democrat, served two terms before losing to Engler. After Engler left, Granholm served two terms, now we have a republican, Snyder.

What it comes down to is two swing counties in the state-Oakland and Macomb, which together have a population of about 2 million. They are the Detroit suburbs. Detroit/Wayne County always votes democratic, except in the exurbs of Wayne County. Lansing (Ingham County) and the People's Republic of Ann Arbor (Washtenaw County) also are reliable democratic bases. The rest of the state is pretty much republican. But most of the voters live in the three counties that make up metro Detroit.

Elspeth
10-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Cory's Booker of Lies (http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/10/corys_booker_of_lies.html)

.....Let's start with the Great T-Bone Fantasia, unearthed by crack reporter Eliana Johnson of NRO. T-Bone was baaaaad. T-Bone sold drugs and threatened to shoot Booker dead. But, wouldn't you know, T-Bone had a vulnerable side, too, sobbing out his heartrending story in Booker's car.

What drama! What inner-city realism! What a crock. T-Bone never existed, no matter how many times Booker told his made-up tales to enthralled audiences at Yale and other upscale venues.

And that teen gunshot victim who died operatically in Booker's arms? He died in the hospital. And witnesses say Booker grandstanded at the crime scene, moving the victim around in "a big act," endangering what was left of his ebbing life. As for Booker's mentor, who supposedly died in "a truly poetic way"..."at school in front of a roomful of kids," her grandson debunks that death scene as a complete fabrication.

But all this dying and shooting and sobbing and drug dealing has made the Ivy League-educated Booker into a big star on the speaking circuit, raking in piles of dough, which, by the way, he lied about, too....

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/10/corys_booker_of_lies.html#ixzz2huQ4KnFo
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

NJCardFan
10-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Not surprising Booker won.

SarasotaRepub
10-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Not surprising Booker won.

I never doubted it for a second.

Zathras
10-17-2013, 09:42 AM
And I'll bet DUmbass128 is happy today that his candidate won.

noonwitch
10-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Here's a nightmare scenario for you guys:

Clinton/Booker 2016!

RobJohnson
10-17-2013, 10:53 AM

Clinton/Booker 2016!

You are evil. :biggrin-new:

Bailey
10-17-2013, 06:06 PM

Clinton/Booker 2016!

Thats an easy win for the republicans if we could field a decent candidate. Booker is a scumbag that onlycan win Iin nj

Odysseus
10-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Thats an easy win for the republicans if we could field a decent candidate. Booker is a scumbag that onlycan win Iin nj

No, Booker would have won in pretty much any blue state. He's got all of the check-the-block requirements (minority, Democrat, able to get from one event to another without fouling himself, complicated scandals that the media can downplay or ignore) for unadulterated media love. It's difficult to overcome that with competence, logic and a commitment to governing in lieu of self-aggrandizement and enrichment.

linda22003
10-19-2013, 01:23 PM

Clinton/Booker 2016!

Here in Virginia the boogeyman is Clinton/McAuliffe '16 - the GOP is already assuming McAuliffe is going to win.

linda22003
10-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Thats an easy win for the republicans if we could field a decent candidate.

There's always a catch, isn't there?