PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Racism. (with a twist)

JB
10-03-2008, 10:57 PM
AspieGrrl (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-03-08 09:48 PM
Original message

Racism is alive and well.
My boyfriend is a security guard in an office building, and it's really far away from his house. He was looking to get transferred to another building, closer to where he lives. This almost happened, but recently, he was informed by his boss that he was staying at his current building. He asked why.

Apparently, a client in the building wanted him to stay because he's white. The guy who would have been replacing him is black, and the client didn't want a person of color to be the first person people see when they walk into the building.

My boyfriend is now looking for a new job.

I'm so pissed off that people still actually do this kind of stuff.Yeah, Yeah, whatever. You're full of shit. Let's get to the good stuff.
Double_Talk_Express (447 posts) Fri Oct-03-08 09:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. Wow. What a shame. :(
It's amazing how overt it's becoming again....this election has shown some people's "true colors".Blame America Part 1.
MrScorpio (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-03-08 09:51 PM
2. Welcome to America, baby
It's a fact of life Blame America Part 2.
AspieGrrl (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-03-08 09:53 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. And I live in Canada!
Toronto, no less. One of the most liberal cities on the planet. So depressing.Zing. Not only is it not America, it's not even repukes. It's the "most liberal city on the planet". I love it!
elocs (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-03-08 10:06 PM
11. Yes, racism is alive and well no matter how much we want to ignore it
or to pretend it does not exist. Fortunately, for this election, most of those people were never going to vote for the Democratic candidate anyways, but undoubtedly some of them are Democrats also.That's correct. The Republicans are going to vote for their candidate. That means the only racists that will not be voting for the Democrat candidate are Democrats.

Link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4165773)

Shannon
10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I know it's a bullshit story but I still can't help but comment. The boss told him it was because of color? Yeah, that happens all the time.

Scarlet
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
How is him staying on the job longer going to help? Will the Black man turn white with age? Oh I understand. No transfer. How Bouncy!
________
Dc marijuana dispensary (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)