PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty-endorsed Republican wins La. House seat

Janice
11-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Duck Dynasty-endorsed Republican wins La. House seat

An unknown political novice who has never visited Washington, D.C., won a special election for Louisiana's 5th District seat Saturday on the endorsement of the “Duck Dynasty” family and a promise to fix Obamacare.

Vance McAllister beat establishment candidate Neil Riser, a state senator, in Saturday's runoff election created when former Rep. Rodney Alexander resigned on Sept. 26 to become secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs under Republican Governor Bobby Jindal.

He told local KNOE TV that “Washington may not be ready for me.”

In the race, McAllister, a businessman in the Monroe, La., area, self-funded most of his campaign. He is a friend of the patriarch of TV’s “Duck Dynasty,” Phil Robertson, who endorsed his congressional bid.

A handful of Washington GOP operatives tried to get one of the members of the Duck Dynasty family to run for the seat, but failed.

But the race showed just how powerful the Duck Dynasty trademark is in the area, said an election observer.

WashingtonExamner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/duck-dynasty-endorsed-republican-wins-la.-house-seat/article/2539272)

Washington obviously cannot fix itself from within. So it warms my heart to see 'outsiders' take the seats from these scoundrels who pretend to be our 'representatives'.

Zathras
11-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the midterm elections.

SarasotaRepub
11-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Quack !!!! :biggrin-new:

Odysseus
11-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the midterm elections.

Not to mention a new brand: DC Commander.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
Sent from my android.

MstrBlue
11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
... waiting for the liberal back-lash against Duck Dynasty...
It is inevitable, of course.

I imagine that O.W. will be among the first to publically criticize the Robertsons.

BB

Novaheart
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Duck Dynasty-endorsed Republican wins La. House seat

An unknown political novice who has never visited Washington, D.C., won a special election for Louisiana's 5th District seat Saturday on the endorsement of the “Duck Dynasty” family and a promise to fix Obamacare.

Vance McAllister beat establishment candidate Neil Riser, a state senator, in Saturday's runoff election created when former Rep. Rodney Alexander resigned on Sept. 26 to become secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs under Republican Governor Bobby Jindal.

He told local KNOE TV that “Washington may not be ready for me.”

In the race, McAllister, a businessman in the Monroe, La., area, self-funded most of his campaign. He is a friend of the patriarch of TV’s “Duck Dynasty,” Phil Robertson, who endorsed his congressional bid.

A handful of Washington GOP operatives tried to get one of the members of the Duck Dynasty family to run for the seat, but failed.

But the race showed just how powerful the Duck Dynasty trademark is in the area, said an election observer.

WashingtonExamner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/duck-dynasty-endorsed-republican-wins-la.-house-seat/article/2539272)

Washington obviously cannot fix itself from within. So it warms my heart to see 'outsiders' take the seats from these scoundrels who pretend to be our 'representatives'.

You know that it was an election between two Republicans, right?

SarasotaRepub
11-18-2013, 12:14 PM

So what? The Left will still say the Rednecks stole the election.:rolleyes:

Janice
11-18-2013, 01:19 PM

Are you kidding?

My reply made no reference to 2 diff partys. Just the old guard, the old entrenched establishment GOP v. another 'tea party' type.

But you do have a point in a way. The current GOP is run by the 'French Republicans' who are a little hard to discern from their pals on the 'other' side of the aisle who apparently gather at the same watering hole. Too busy raising the white flag or joining the opposite sides 'gangs' of eight or whatever to 'compromise' and get some face time in front of the cameras I suppose.

The thought that somehow the 'giant' (the voters) may awaken and we might see some changes from the 'old guard' just makes me feel so good and warm all over. :smile-new:

RobJohnson
11-20-2013, 12:08 AM
... waiting for the liberal back-lash against Duck Dynasty...

Right on cue......