PDA

View Full Version : Go Phillies!!

Phillygirl
10-04-2008, 07:26 PM
They're currently down 2-0 in the 2nd against Milwaukee. Yes, I'm a fairweather fan. :D

But since one of their former pitchers is meeting with me on Tuesday, I should at least have a passing knowledge of the series before I hit him up for tickets! :D

Shannon
10-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Do you even belong in this forum?

Phillygirl
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Do you even belong in this forum?

No, not really. Same with the recipes forum, but that doesn't stop me. :D

Jumpy
10-04-2008, 08:26 PM
They're currently down 2-0 in the 2nd against Milwaukee. Yes, I'm a fairweather fan. :D

But since one of their former pitchers is meeting with me on Tuesday, I should at least have a passing knowledge of the series before I hit him up for tickets! :D

Dont even start a thread like that unless you intend to name drop. grrrrrr!!!

Phillygirl
10-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Dont even start a thread like that unless you intend to name drop. grrrrrr!!!

Ha!! Nope, can't name drop. But I'm thinking I need to do a really good job in this one, in case the Phils go to the Series!! :D

JB
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes, I'm a fairweather fan. :D

But since one of their former pitchers is meeting with me on Tuesday, I should at least have a passing knowledge of the series before I hit him up for tickets! :DMake sure you tell him how you jinxed us by starting this thread.

I kicked you off the bandwagon because I do have WS tickets. :p

Phillygirl
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Make sure you tell him how you jinxed us by starting this thread.

You do???

Hey, JB, have you been working out lately? It shows. :p

JB
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
You do???

Hey, JB, have you been working out lately? It shows. :pOK, you're back on the bandwagon but my tix are spoken for. Sorry.

Kill the Dodgers.

Phillygirl
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
OK, you're back on the bandwagon but my tix are spoken for. Sorry.

Kill the Dodgers.

Are you going to Thursday and Friday's game? I might go to Friday's game.

Rebel Yell
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Make sure you tell him how you jinxed us by starting this thread.

Too bad Boston is the closest city to possibly host the WS this year.:D

marinejcksn
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Hell yes! Finally my Phils are back in it...first NLCS game since '93 baby! God, I was 10 when they went to the World Series in '93 and remember it like yesterday. Daulton, Dykstra, Kruk, Inky....good lord we had Schilling, Mulholland & Mitch Williams...man that was such a great time to be a Phillies fan. I even got autographs once when my uncle got box seats at Veterans Stadium.

Now we've got a team with some real heart, badass talent and a realistic shot at a Series appearance. Man I wish I were in the states to go to a game with my dad. Not to mention we've got this guy:
http://tommy.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/phanatic.JPG
:D

Phillygirl
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Hell yes! Finally my Phils are back in it...first NLCS game since '93 baby! God, I was 10 when they went to the World Series in '93 and remember it like yesterday. Daulton, Dykstra, Kruk, Inky....good lord we had Schilling, Mulholland & Mitch Williams...man that was such a great time to be a Phillies fan. I even got autographs once when my uncle got box seats at Veterans Stadium.

Now we've got a team with some real heart, badass talent and a realistic shot at a Series appearance. Man I wish I were in the states to go to a game with my dad. Not to mention we've got this guy:

93 was the last time I followed baseball with any type of intensity. I watched about 70% of the Phils games that year, and about 30% of all others. It burned me out. But boy was it a fun year!!

I'm looking forward to it again.

I have to see, seeing the Pirates a few weeks ago I was shocked at how lame their mascot is compared to the Phanatic! :D

marinejcksn
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
93 was the last time I followed baseball with any type of intensity. I watched about 70% of the Phils games that year, and about 30% of all others. It burned me out. But boy was it a fun year!!

I'm looking forward to it again.

I have to see, seeing the Pirates a few weeks ago I was shocked at how lame their mascot is compared to the Phanatic! :D

I haven't followed baseball like that in years either! I've always been a diehard Philly fan, spring games at the Vet every year and then Eagles games there in the fall...those were the days. :D

I even think my mom still has my Randall Cunningham #12 jersey.:cool:

JB
10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
FYI.

Dodgers vs. Phillies in Game 1 in one hour fifteen minutes.

It's good to not be a Cubs or Mets fan. ;) :D

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
And it's one up, one down!! Go Phils!!

LogansPapa
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Dodger fan since they played in the LA Coliseum - to Hell with the Phillies.:cool:

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Dodger fan since they played in the LA Coliseum - to Hell with the Phillies.:cool:

I am going to ask that you be banned.

LogansPapa
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
I am going to ask that you be banned.

Oh No! :D

Bubba Dawg
10-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Mitch Williams.?????

You mean Wild..choke...choke...choke...thing?

Broke my Fawkin Haaarrrt.....:p:D

How does anyone not love Kruk...?

You youngsters probably don't remember Tug McGraw?

Go Phillies.

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Mitch Williams.?????

Go Phillies.

The Krukker was my favorite from that team! We were just talking about Mitch Williams today. One of my staff members loves him, so my client promised to bring him by one day when they're golfing. Darren Daulton was a jackass, but gawd he had a nice butt!

Tug McGraw? Of course I heard of him. Poor guy. His son does quite well now, you know? His other son, once he got that rape accusation behind him, turned out alright as well!

Bubba Dawg
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
The Krukker was my favorite from that team! We were just talking about Mitch Williams today. One of my staff members loves him, so my client promised to bring him by one day when they're golfing. Darren Daulton was a jackass, but gawd he had a nice butt!

Tug McGraw? Of course I heard of him. Poor guy. His son does quite well now, you know? His other son, once he got that rape accusation behind him, turned out alright as well!

A reporter once said to Kruk, "How do you smoke when you're an athlete?"

Kruk didn't miss a beat. He said, "Hell Lady, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player." Or something to that effect.

I like Mitch Williams too. :D

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
A reporter once said to Kruk, "How do you smoke when you're an athlete?"

Kruk didn't miss a beat. He said, "Hell Lady, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player." Or something to that effect.

I like Mitch Williams too. :D

Yep. That quote is pretty famous around here!! That was one of the most fun, most exciting rag tag team of ball players there ever has been.

Shannon
10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
They seem to be kicking ass tonight.:p

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
They seem to be kicking ass tonight.:p

3-2, bottom of the 6th!!!

Shut up Shannon!!!

Phillygirl
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Whoot!!! 3-2 Phils!! 1 down, 3 to go!!

ralph wiggum
10-10-2008, 12:55 AM

Congrats, should be an excellent series.

ralph wiggum
10-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Hell yes! Finally my Phils are back in it...first NLCS game since '93 baby! God, I was 10 when they went to the World Series in '93 and remember it like yesterday. Daulton, Dykstra, Kruk, Inky...

While I remember "Inky" playing for the Phils in '93, I have much more distinct memories of him. Specifically, butchering left field in old Arlington Stadium along with Kevin Reimer for the Rangers. They used to sell $4 seats in the gigantic outfield seats. Perfect for college students. :cool:

Inky was a horrid LF, and then Reimer made him look even better. :D

marinejcksn
10-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Mitch Williams.?????

Go Phillies.

I think I almost saw my Pop Pop cry when that happened...he listed to the Phillies on the radio in the egg washing room every night after we'd pick all the eggs. :p

Man I miss that time of my life. Freakin wild thing, it's great knowing people who were fans in that era. And yes, Kruk was always a household favorite...my dad flipped when he saw that Kruk is a commentator now.:cool:

marinejcksn
10-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Woot Woot! Phils just won! Great job Utley, coming through with the big stick to put us back on the map!

PS. I'm aware the game was over LONG ago....I just got to see it.:p

LogansPapa
10-10-2008, 10:29 AM

Get Bent!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the_simpsons/Images/bart-simpson-4.jpg

marinejcksn
10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Get Bent!

I gots to have payback for Philly sucking ass in Football this year!
One Simpsons pic deserves another:

http://scott.club365.net/uploaded_im...mer-712749.gif
mmmmm, Phillies.:cool:

Phillygirl
10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Get Bent!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the_simpsons/Images/bart-simpson-4.jpg

I'm telling ya...you are *this close* to getting a ban request for this thread. Watch your step mister!! :D

LogansPapa
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm telling ya...you are *this close* to getting a ban request for this thread. Watch your step mister!! :D

If I had a dime for..............nevermind.;)

JB
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
woot.

Dodgers vs. Phillies in Game 2 in 45 minutes.

It's good to not be a Cubs or Mets or Dodgers fan.

JB
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
In progress, 8-2 good guys.

See you in Los Angeles with a 2 game lead.

:cool:

LogansPapa
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Son of B*&c$!:mad:

Shannon
10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Son of B*&c$!:mad:

http://i34.tinypic.com/11a99nq.jpg

Phillygirl
10-10-2008, 08:11 PM
WHOOT!!! GO PHILLIES...2-0 against Dodgers!!!!

Take that LP!!!

patriot45
10-10-2008, 08:23 PM
WHOOT!!! GO PHILLIES...2-0 against Dodgers!!!!

Take that LP!!!

I was nervous, why didn't they walk Manny with 2 outs and 2 men on? they didn't, he hits a 3 run homer and the next guy strikes out! But they won, so whatever! :D

Bubba Dawg
10-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I was nervous, why didn't they walk Manny with 2 outs and 2 men on? they didn't, he hits a 3 run homer and the next guy strikes out! But they won, so whatever! :D

I heard the announcer say they were going to challenge Manny at that at bat.:confused:

That is the mother-of-all-bad-ideas. He has hit more post season home runs than anyone. Anyone.

They'd better not try that with a three run lead. Geez.

JB
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
woot, although I almost spoke a bit too early there.

Phillies vs. Dodgers in Game 3 in 46 hours and 45 minutes. :p

It's good to not be a Cubs or Mets or Dodgers fan.

marinejcksn
10-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Woot Woot! I just saw the game...Niiiice.:cool:

Phillygirl
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Benches cleared!!!

Victorino is pissed!

LogansPapa
10-12-2008, 10:46 PM
http://eteamz.active.com/southsidelittleleague/images/DODGERS.jpg

Phillygirl
10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
http://eteamz.active.com/southsidelittleleague/images/DODGERS.jpg

If the Dodgers win this series, you know you're banned, right?

LogansPapa
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM

It would be worth it, okay? ;)

Phillygirl
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
It would be worth it, okay? ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

ralph wiggum
10-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Get a room you two. :D

LogansPapa
10-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehe!!!!!

:D:p:D:p

Shannon
10-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Is this a promise? Because I will totally cheer for the Dodgers.

JB
10-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Is this a promise? Because I will totally cheer for the Dodgers.I find myself overwrought with confliction regarding this.

Dodgers win but LP goes bye-bye.
Phils win but LP stays.

There has to be a way to combine a Phils win with an LP banning. I must work on this.

marinejcksn
10-13-2008, 03:04 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Man I hate this tape delay, I just saw my Phils lose! :(

Eagles won though, thank the Lord. And the 'Boys lost. AND Penn State is still undefeated. So I'm ok....for now:o

Zathras
10-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Eagles won though, thank the Lord.

Don't have to thank the lord for that one. The person you should thank is whoever schedueled the Eagles to play the hapless 49ers.

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Man I hate this tape delay, I just saw my Phils lose! :(

Eagles won though, thank the Lord. And the 'Boys lost. AND Penn State is still undefeated. So I'm ok....for now:o

Knowing that you see it on tape delay, I've tried to avoid giving the scores, so as not to spoil it for you.

It's okay, though, we're still going to win!! Or, LP gets banned, so there's a silver lining!

LogansPapa
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Is this a promise? Because I will totally cheer for the Dodgers.

:( Meh. You'll be sad when I'm banned. :(

marinejcksn
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Watching game 4 now...down 5-3:mad: but Chase just turned the SWEEETEST double play.:D

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Watching game 4 now...down 5-3:mad: but Chase just turned the SWEEETEST double play.:D

I was wondering if you had it on tape delay or not. I was going to post an update, but put a spoilers alert in case you hadn't seen it yet.

This stinks.

But again....let's everyone think about the silver lining in case the Phils don't pull through. :p

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Whoot!! 2 run homer by Victorino!!!! It's all tied up again folks!!

marinejcksn
10-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Whoot!! 2 run homer by Victorino!!!! It's all tied up again folks!!

I just saw it and was bout to post this! Man that was sweet, and there was a nice base hit just now.:D

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I just saw it and was bout to post this! Man that was sweet, and there was a nice base hit just now.:D

I am all by myself yelling at the t.v. Sad, really!

I was screaming at the ball...drop you son of a bitch. I realize why I try not to get too caught up in sports. I kind of get carried away. The last time I went to a Phillies game, security was called and I mentioned something about a double-wide to an obnoxious woman there. I was a bit concerned about my personal safety leaving the arena.

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Holeeee crap!!

Let's go Phils!!

I'm never going to get up in time for work tomorrow!!

marinejcksn
10-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I am all by myself yelling at the t.v. Sad, really!

I was screaming at the ball...drop you son of a bitch. I realize why I try not to get too caught up in sports. I kind of get carried away. The last time I went to a Phillies game, security was called and I mentioned something about a double-wide to an obnoxious woman there. I was a bit concerned about my personal safety leaving the arena.

Nothing to be feeling sad about now Phillygirl, you see that huge 2 run shot by Matt Stairs? I'm still shaking:D

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Nothing to be feeling sad about now Phillygirl, you see that huge 2 run shot by Matt Stairs? I'm still shaking:D

Yep!! Unbelievable. One more homer and I think we might actually win this thing!!

marinejcksn
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
This is getting to be too damn nerve racking...sweet double play though! Just get through Manny and I think we might be okay, manny is just such a good hitter thank god we turned 2.

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
This is getting to be too damn nerve racking...sweet double play though! Just get through Manny and I think we might be okay, manny is just such a good hitter thank god we turned 2.

I know. This is unbelievable.

Do you think they should walk Ramirez, or try to get the strike out?

Funny...the phone to the bullpen just conked out. Tin foil hat time! :)

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:43 PM
1 more strike...1 more strike...come on!!!

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Dammit!! Full county and he gets a double!!! :eek:

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm going to have a stroke. You have GOT to be kidding me!!

Phillygirl
10-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I can not take another inning.

marinejcksn
10-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Man, that was suprisingly a really easy bottom ninth, huh? Nice win, 3-1 Phillies are on a roll.

Phillygirl
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Man, that was suprisingly a really easy bottom ninth, huh? Nice win, 3-1 Phillies are on a roll.

I know, thank god. I couldn't take another inning like the 8th.

1 more to go and we're there! Whoot!!

LogansPapa
10-14-2008, 10:17 AM
But again....let's everyone think about the silver lining in case the Phils don't pull through. :p

Meh. :cool: Looks like you 'silver lining' turned out to be a turd necklace. :rolleyes:

newshutr
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I know, thank god. I couldn't take another inning like the 8th.

1 more to go and we're there! Whoot!!

Be grateful. You could be a Cowboys fan.

JB
10-14-2008, 06:14 PM
1 more to go and we're there! Whoot!!It's over.

The Dodgers should just stay home on Wednesday.

:eek:

Shannon
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
It's over.

The Dodgers should just stay home on Wednesday.

:eek:

Hold on there. Did you formulate a plan yet?

JB
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Hold on there. Did you formulate a plan yet?There are high level negotiations going on about that right now. ;)

marinejcksn
10-16-2008, 01:40 AM
The Phillies are going to the World Series baby! Woot Woot! :D :D :D :D

LogansPapa
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
:mad::mad: Meh. :mad::mad:

Phillygirl
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh, well, LP gets to stay. :(

GO PHILS!!!! :D