PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 5

DarkScribe
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
<cues up the NFL on Fox theme music>

Okay, fellow NFL junkies....what's it gonna be this week? The few undefeated teams stay loss-less? Will the Fins zap the Chargers down in Miami...the Bucs continue to win? What about the big fat LOSER winless teams...still gonna be LOSERS??? Can the banged up Steelers bag the Jags tonight? (God, I hope...)

Let's "get it started"...:D

Space Gravy
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I'll be flipping back and forth between the NFL and MLB. I really enjoy the drama of playoff baseball.

Kind of looks like a dull week of games anyway. 'Skins and Philly looks like the game of the week. I just checked and my only 2nd game will be the Bengals vs. Cowboys. Yawn.

By the way DS, I heard the Rooney's don't really own the Steelers........The Jacksonville Jaguars do!:D

I also can't believe the way Manchester City is laying the wood to Liverpool.

DarkScribe
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I'll be flipping back and forth between the NFL and MLB. I really enjoy the drama of playoff baseball.

Kind of looks like a dull week of games anyway. 'Skins and Philly looks like the game of the week. I just checked and my only 2nd game will be the Bengals vs. Cowboys. Yawn.

By the way DS, I heard the Rooney's don't really own the Steelers........The Jacksonville Jaguars do!:D

That actually made me laugh....you know, since Coach Sour-Puss left the team, and they started playing like the Steelers, I like the Jags. :D It will be another bone-crunching slugfest, for sure...and hopefully not Ben on his back a dozen or so times either. Or players getting carted off the field.

DarkScribe
10-05-2008, 12:42 PM

Indeed. I predict the Cowboys will have a TD scoring bonanza with the Bungals. (CU Fantasy Footballers...take note...the Cowboys will probably put up 41+ points) I love watching the Bungals implode. :cool:

Space Gravy
10-05-2008, 01:09 PM
That actually made me laugh....you know, since Coach Sour-Puss left the team, and they started playing like the Steelers, I like the Jags. :D It will be another bone-crunching slugfest, for sure...and hopefully not Ben on his back a dozen or so times either. Or players getting carted off the field.

That Steelers/ Ravens games was sheer brutality. Plain and simple that was a streetfight. With all due respect to the 'Skins/Cowboys, Chiefs/Raiders, and Packers/Bears even though they're in Baltimore now I'm still convinced that's the best rivalry in Football.

Shannon
10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Miami is looking good.:eek:

Shannon
10-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Or not.:rolleyes:

Shannon
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Yay Fins!!!!:D

And WTH is going on in that Indy game? Holy cow! It looked like Indy was going to get smoked!

DarkScribe
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
That Steelers/ Ravens games was sheer brutality. Plain and simple that was a streetfight. With all due respect to the 'Skins/Cowboys, Chiefs/Raiders, and Packers/Bears even though they're in Baltimore now I'm still convinced that's the best rivalry in Football.

I agree. Used to be when the Steelers played the Browns it was like that. Maybe still is, but the Ravens and Steelers HATE each other, hence the "sheer brutality." I think I got bruises just watching that game...

DarkScribe
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Yay Fins!!!!:D

And WTH is going on in that Indy game? Holy cow! It looked like Indy was going to get smoked!

Miami is definitely going to give the Bills, Patsies, and Jets a run for the money in that division. They keep playing like they did today...watch out. Ronnie Brown was a workhorse and the Miami D was brutal. Good for them!

Space Gravy
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Miami is looking good.:eek:

The Falcons and them have already won about as many games as I thought they would.

Shannon
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Tampa and Jax really let me down.:mad: I just cursed the Steelers though, so it's all good.

marinejcksn
10-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Tampa and Jax really let me down.:mad: I just cursed the Steelers though, so it's all good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

The Steelers victory is what talked me down off the ledge this weekend when the Eagles blew it out their ass. :mad:

But Penn State is 5th ranked in the country at 6-0 AND the Phillies are in the NLCS....so it's not all bad.:cool:

LogansPapa
10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
America's Team wins - again. :)

Shannon
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Barely. I thought that was going to be a blow out.

LogansPapa
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Barely. I thought that was going to be a blow out.

Just win, Baby! And your team(s) did?:confused:

Shannon
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Just win, Baby! And your team(s) did?:confused:

My team did.

LogansPapa
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
My team did.

:confused:

My team's at 80%. How's yours again?

Shannon
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
:confused:

My team's at 80%. How's yours again?

Shut up.

LogansPapa
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Shut up.

okay. :o

marinejcksn
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Blasted Dallas! How're my birds supposed to win the NFC East when they blow comfortable leads out their asses while the 'Boys keep pulling out wins? :mad:

Don't worry though, Romo will jack up. He has a habit of it. Once his trim starts showing up to watch the big games he gets all nervous...must be performance anxiety. :p

All kidding aside though, there's only 1 thing I don't like about Dallas and it's T.O. If there's a God in Heaven, that man will never have a Super Bowl Ring. Muah ha ha ha ha!:D

LogansPapa
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
If there's a God in Heaven, that man will never have a Super Bowl Ring.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

marinejcksn
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

I'll bite it in half...if it keeps a ring from owens.:D

Everyone else on the team can have one, just not him. You gotta remember, us Philly fans can sure hold a grudge :p

Shannon
10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
The Vikings beat N.O.?!!! I friggin quit.

LogansPapa
10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
The Vikings beat N.O.?!!! I friggin quit.

Life is good. :p