PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh: GOP ‘Willing to Lose Some Elections’ to Purge Tea Party from Base

Elspeth
12-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Limbaugh: GOP ‘Willing to Lose Some Elections’ to Purge Tea Party from Base
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/limbaugh-gop-willing-to-lose-some-elections-to-purge-tea-party-from-base/

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh accused the Republican Party of being “willing to lose some elections” in order to purge the tea party from the ranks of conservatism. Limbaugh suggested that establishment Republicans in Congress were angry with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for engineering the government shutdown and being essentially vindicated by the problematic roll-out of the Affordable Care Act.

“The Republican establishment may in fact be so desirous of getting rid of the tea party as its base they may be willing to lose some elections in order to get rid of their base and put up a new base,” Limbaugh submitted.

Limbaugh suggested that congressional Republican leadership’s apparent eagerness to reform the immigration system is yet another example of the GOP’s intention to purge the party of its activist base in order to appease the donor class.

“The establishment is livid that Ted Cruz and his gang engineered with public support what happened in the government shutdown,” the host declared. “They think that that’s why they are looked upon with disfavor by the majority of the people in the country because they think that a majority of people didn’t want the shutdown.”

Zathras
12-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Establishment "Republicans" want the same thing as the Democrats. Their so called opposition to the Democrat policies is nothing but a false front to make it look like they care for Americans. They don't give a damn about the American people. The only thing they care about, just like the Democrats, is increasing their power and lining their pockets with our tax money at the expense of the American people.

Rockntractor
12-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Establishment "Republicans" want the same thing as the Democrats. Their so called opposition to the Democrat policies is nothing but a false front to make it look like they care for Americans. They don't give a damn about the American people. The only thing they care about, just like the Democrats, is increasing their power and lining their pockets with our tax money at the expense of the American people.
Which in turn makes me more and more depressed about the future of America, hell let's be honest about this, our individual futures could very well be in jeopardy as rapidly as things are changing.
The party is over in more ways than one.

noonwitch
12-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not a Rush fan, I think he's usually wrong, but I think he's right on this issue. Boehner, Cruz and Rubio have sold out the Tea Party part of the GOP by making a deal with the democrats on the budget.

I think the GOP to some extent is in a lose/lose situation as far as the budget goes-if they don't budge and the government shuts down again, they will be blamed and it could cost them in November. If they give in, the Tea Party conservatives may stay home and it will cost them in November.

txradioguy
12-16-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm not a Rush fan, I think he's usually wrong, but I think he's right on this issue. Boehner, Cruz and Rubio have sold out the Tea Party part of the GOP by making a deal with the democrats on the budget.

I think the GOP to some extent is in a lose/lose situation as far as the budget goes-if they don't budge and the government shuts down again, they will be blamed and it could cost them in November. If they give in, the Tea Party conservatives may stay home and it will cost them in November.

Not gonna have to worry about Republicans caving...Reid can't get enough Dems to vote in favor of this disaster.