PDA

View Full Version : Obama Is Clueless About ‘What He Wants To Do In The World’

Rockntractor
01-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Senior UK Defense Advisor: Obama Is Clueless About ‘What He Wants To Do In The World’Sir Hew Strachan, an expert on the history of war, says that the president’s strategic failures in Afghanistan and Syria have crippled America’s position in the world.
President Obama is “chronically incapable” of military strategy and falls far short of his predecessor George W. Bush, according to one of Britain’s most senior military advisors.
Sir Hew Strachan, an advisor to the Chief of the Defense Staff, told The Daily Beast that the United States and Britain were guilty of total strategic failure in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Obama’s attempts to intervene on behalf of the Syrian rebels “has left them in a far worse position than they were before.”
The extraordinary critique by a leading advisor to the United States’ closest military ally comes days after Obama wasundermined by the former Defense Secretary Robert Gates (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/07/speed-read-juiciest-bits-from-secretary-of-defense-bob-gates-duty.html), who questioned the President’s foreign policy decisions and claimed he was deeply suspicious of the military.
Strachan, a current member of the Chief of the Defense Staff’s Strategic Advisory Panel, cited the “crazy” handling of the Syrian crisis as the most egregious example of a fundamental collapse in military planning that began in the aftermath of 9/11. “If anything it’s gone backwards instead of forwards, Obama seems to be almost chronically incapable of doing this. Bush may have had totally fanciful political objectives in terms of trying to fight a global War on Terror, which was inherently astrategic, but at least he had a clear sense of what he wanted to do in the world. Obama has no sense of what he wants to do in the world,” he said.
More>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/15/senior-uk-defense-advisor-obama-is-clueless-about-what-he-wants-to-do-in-the-world.html

Clueless? Not quite, look at what the enemies of western civilization want and you will know what Obama wants.

DumbAss Tanker
01-17-2014, 12:32 PM
You seriously don't have to be an expert to figure that out. Every senior Army officer who isn't either a complete political whore, a creature of blind faith, or a seriously-overpromoted jock or work-site ramrod could see us going from minor plans against minor threats under Clinton, to an unachievable permanent overseas commitment to democracy for autocracies everywhere under Bush 2 which would take generations if ever to produce the desired result (And therefore was untenable in the domestic political dimension), to a complete breakdown of any kind of linear thought process at all respecting political-military foreign affairs under Obiteme.

Dan D. Doty
01-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Of course Obama isn't clueless ... he wants America to lose and look bad on the world stage.

SarasotaRepub
01-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Lord oBAMA has a plan and it doesn't include us winning. Hopefully the
braindead morons that voted for this empty suit will figure it out one day.

coach
01-17-2014, 11:27 PM
He has been recklessly incomletant in foreign policy (well domestic too but thats a different thread). Its cwrtainly in part because he wants the US to become third world in nature but there really a stunning amount of just plain stupid as well. The worst part about the emperor's new cloths is that he will go to his grave not realizing what a buffoon he is. This is the textbook study on why affirmative action is a mistake.

SaintLouieWoman
01-18-2014, 02:04 AM
This reminds me of a breakup--like when someone gets a divorce and suddenly everyone says "We can't believe you stayed with him that long".

I think that otherwise sane individuals were afraid to be the first to really say that the emperor had no clothes on. Obama is a fool. We've all known it for some time. If not a fool, even worse he's someone who deliberately has set out to destroy the power of the United States.

When Gates, a credible individual, finally said what we all know or suspect, it's sort of cleared the way for world leaders to say the obvious.

Wonder how much further his ratings will sink.

Rockntractor
01-18-2014, 02:29 AM
He will simply issue an executive order that his poll numbers cannot be less than 50% if this goes on too long.

coach
01-18-2014, 02:15 PM
This reminds me of a breakup--like when someone gets a divorce and suddenly everyone says "We can't believe you stayed with him that long".

I think that otherwise sane individuals were afraid to be the first to really say that the emperor had no clothes on. Obama is a fool. We've all known it for some time. If not a fool, even worse he's someone who deliberately has set out to destroy the power of the United States.

When Gates, a credible individual, finally said what we all know or suspect, it's sort of cleared the way for world leaders to say the obvious.

i was shocked when Gates took the job.

SaintLouieWoman
01-18-2014, 10:39 PM
i was shocked when Gates took the job.

So was I. Gates probably had enough misgivings about Obama that he accepted the job to keep our country as safe as it could be with the buffoon leading it.