PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Set High Standards For Everyone EXCEPT Barack Obama?

megimoo
10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Why Do People Set High Standards For Everyone EXCEPT Barack Obama?

Imagine a scenario in which Sally Jones tells her parents about her boyfriend:

"Barry has been mentored by a racist, America-hating preacher and has attended his church for the last 20 years. One of his other influences is a domestic terrorist who targeted the US Capitol and many other places. Also, Barry told me he smoked pot and crack in college. Can I marry him?"

Meanwhile, imagine this second scenario...

An upscale grocery store is looking to hire a store manager. Its two applicants are the following men:
1. John has been a restaurant manager for 20 years, and was an assistant manager for five years prior to that and holds an MBA in Business Management. 2. Barry has been a restaurant for 3 years and prior to that worked as a waiter at the hard rock cafe. During his time as manager, Barry took frequent vacations.

It's a no-brainer as to which candidate would get chosen.
This has made me wonder: no decent person would want their daughter to marry a man like Barack Obama, nor would the grocery store hire the less qualified manager.

So why do we hold everyone to higher standards than Barack Obama, who is running for the most important job in the entire world?
Makes no sense, does it?
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2099148/posts