PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Head of NOW endorses Palin as "REAL FEMINIST"

BDMcGee
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
CitizenPatriot (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-05-08 02:07 PM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4173516)
Los Angeles Head of NOW endorses Palin as "REAL FEMINIST"
Advertisements [?]Shelly Mandell's (head of LA chapter of NOW) endorsement today of Sarah Palin as a feminist and supporter of woman's rights in Carson, CA at a Palin rally is a complete and utter AFFRONT to women.

What the HELL was she thinking? Supporting a woman who thinks we don't have the right to choose, whose policies as mayor required victims of rap to pay for their own rape kits? I am APPALLED. Mandell has single-handedly undermined NOW's legitimacy in way that is beyond measure.

Didn't NOW come out to publicly endorse Obama/Biden precisely because Palin's policies were so dangerous for women?

I am writing every NOW chapter I can find. This is an outrage. I hope Rachel picks this story up. Mandell should be asked to step down. If she wants to endorse Palin, she can do so as an individual-- not as a NOW chapter chair.

Heads explodin' :D

Think they're over there defending her free speech rights?

M21
10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Heads explodin' :D

Think they're over there defending her free speech rights?

....and to throw fuel on the fire she's a PUMA!

cat714
10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
I was shocked when I saw this on TV! :eek::eek: I wish I was a fly on the wall at the NOW headquarters. :D

Elspeth
10-07-2008, 01:45 AM
I was shocked when I saw this on TV! :eek::eek: I wish I was a fly on the wall at the NOW headquarters. :D

Oh that LA NOW office-the original home of Tammy Bruce. :)

I so admire this woman's guts. You know that the national office of NOW is probably planning the nastiest way to disavow her. Hope Tammy helps her out a little.

LibraryLady
10-07-2008, 01:46 AM
barbtries Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-05-08 02:09 PM
Response to Original message
3. they paid her.

like, lots and lots of money. i don't know. any feminist worth her salt is not endorsing the end timer.

and of course they want to rant

roguevalley Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-05-08 06:33 PM
Response to Reply #1
35. any links to the organization in LA so we can swarm them?

movie buff
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Of course, CitizenPatriot drags up the old lie about rape kit, which has been disproven.
btw, it's so funny that thye claim no feminist should oppose any form of abortion, when it was Susan B. Anthony who first coined the term "Baby murder" to describe abortion, and her fellow women's rights champion Elizabeth Cady Stanton was also very much opposed to abortion.

M21
10-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Of course, CitizenPatriot drags up the old lie about rape kit, which has been disproven.
btw, it's so funny that thye claim no feminist should oppose any form of abortion, when it was Susan B. Anthony who first coined the term "Baby murder" to describe abortion, and her fellow women's rights champion Elizabeth Cady Stanton was also very much opposed to abortion.

Excellent points.

Elspeth
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
btw,

Where's the rape kit debunking, BTW?

LibraryLady
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=ODA1YWM5ZjM2ZTU5ODliZTY2NTczMGUwZWYwNTVlMTQ=

Wasilla Debunking Kit

FDK
10-07-2008, 05:14 PM
That thread is full of DUmmies doing what they do best - HATING!

d_va
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
DU continues to circle the drain.

What's sad, the site is bundling $$$ for Obama.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/main/du

:rolleyes: