PDA

View Full Version : Pharaobama and Michelle: Big Plans For You

megimoo
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
OBAMA IS "CHANGELESS" His REAL theme song!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l5m1ChIsVWA&eurl=http://theamericansentinel.com/2008/10/07/pharaobama-and-michelles-big-plans/

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

Normally, one wouldn’t go too far with such a statement, thinking it typical, if a little bit creepy, political rhetoric. When considered against the background of Obama’s “Public Service” plans, however, the unease builds substantially.

According to the official campaign website, Obama has a plan for “Universal Voluntary Public Service”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we’re doing it universally, is it really voluntary? And what about the parts of the plan that are specifically noted as NOT being voluntary?

Let’s go back a moment and read what Obama said in a speech in December, 2007, as he was campaigning in Iowa:

“Your own story and the American story are not separate — they are shared. And they will both be enriched if we stand up together, and answer a new call to service to meet the challenges of our new century … I won’t just ask for your vote as a candidate; I will ask for your service and your active citizenship when I am president of the United States. This will not be a call issued in one speech or program; this will be a cause of my presidency.”

Now we have both Pharaobama and his head concubine (or Queen of the Potomac, whatever) talking about it, so perhaps we need a closer look at the plan itself.

First, on Obama’s website, we have the public service section heading, “Enable All Americans to Serve to Meet the Nation’s Challenges.” That’s rather vague, but it turns out that this is “enabling” in the same sort of sense that the income tax enables you to serve your country financially.

Let’s look at what you get to do if you want to attend college (these are all copied and pasted from his website):

Require 100 Hours of Service in College: Obama and Biden will establish a new American Opportunity Tax Credit that is worth $4,000 a year in exchange for 100 hours of public service a year.
Promote College Serve-Study: Obama and Biden will ensure that at least 25 percent of College Work-Study funds are used to support public service opportunities instead of jobs in dining halls and libraries.
Kind of brings new meaning to the idea of voluntary, does it not? Requiring you to do work that you get paid for? I suppose you could avoid this by not going to college, but what about folks like the liberal trolls on this site who spent 8 years in undergraduate school? That would be 800 hours of voluntarily required paid public service.

(And, on a personal note regarding bullet # 2, I worked in the library at my university, and guess what, Barry? Someone has to put back the hundreds of books pulled off the shelves every couple of hours, manage checking out books, and help people find relevant research articles and microfilm (do they still use microfilm?), etc. And while I never worked in a dining hall in college, I have worked in a dining hall at a rescue mission, and I’m pretty sure there is actual work involved.)

Back from my personal rant, let’s keep looking at the details surrounding the education part of the plan:
Expand Service-Learning in Our Nation’s Schools: Obama and Biden will set a goal that all middle and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year. They will develop national guidelines for service- learning and will give schools better tools both to develop programs and to document student experience. Green Job Corps: Obama and Biden will create an energy-focused youth jobs program to provide disadvantaged youth with service opportunities weatherizing buildings and getting practical experience in fast-growing career fields.
Expand YouthBuild Program: Obama and Biden will expand the YouthBuild program, which gives disadvantaged young people the chance to complete their high school education, learn valuable skills and build affordable housing in their communities. They will grow the program so that 50,000 low-income young people a year a chance to learn construction job skills and complete high school.
So all the videos of the Nazi youth, I mean, the Obama youth that we’ve been getting in the last week are only the tip of the iceberg. Are you prepared to have your child indoctrinated into the Obama community? “(Developing) national guidelines for service-learning” is a step way out of bounds. Read a bit about what types of programs Obama helped funnel money to back in his Illinois days, and you’ll see that this is a very slippery slope.

When put in charge of over $100 million in the Chicago Annenburg Challenge to help improve Chicago’s disastrous school system, Obama, along with domestic terrorist William Ayers (who was responsible for getting the money to begin with), decided to grant the money to exterior groups instead of to the schools themselves. These groups were very active politically. According to Stanley Kurtz of NRO, under Obama and Ayers, the CAC attempted to advance an agenda that “flowed from Mr. Ayers’s educational philosophy, which called for infusing students and their parents with a radical political commitment, and which downplayed achievement tests in favor of activism.” And in fact, Ayers, who is openly communist, shares the same political/economic philosophies as the Black Liberation Theology preached by Reverend Wright at the church Obama attended for twenty years.
snip

http://theamericansentinel.com/2008/10/07/pharaobama-and-michelles-big-plans/