PDA

View Full Version : Obama has new anti-smear website

Shakespeare
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
www.fightthesmears.com

No mention of Pastor Wright or Tony Rezko. No mention of Michelle Obama's gaffes.
No mention of William Ayers. No mention of his drug use.
Looks to me like they want to frame certain issues, and ignore others.

Perilloux
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I like this one better ----> www.fightthesmears.org (http://fightthesmears.org/)

hazmat911
06-12-2008, 05:24 PM
www.fightthesmears.com

No mention of Pastor Wright or Tony Rezko. No mention of Michelle Obama's gaffes.
No mention of William Ayers. No mention of his drug use.
Looks to me like they want to frame certain issues, and ignore others.

Anything that might besmirch the reputation of Saint Obama is herewith prohibited. :rolleyes:

(heh - I used "besmirch" and "herewith" in the same sentence...yay me.)

Shakespeare
06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
That .org version is great! Somebody is really clever!

Elspeth
06-12-2008, 09:48 PM
That .org version is great! Somebody is really clever!

This is even more clever:

http://www.theobamafile.com/

Zeus
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
This will make you re-think : A Trivia question in Sunday School : Howlong is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations ? Guess theAnswer? Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know whatthat is. Almost a four year term to a Presidency. All I can say is Lord, Have Mercy on us.!!!!!!

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is:

The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who willdeceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE

Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and

he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will

destroy everything Is it OBAMA??

Elspeth
06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
This will make you re-think : A Trivia question in Sunday School : Howlong is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations ? Guess theAnswer? Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know whatthat is. Almost a four year term to a Presidency. All I can say is Lord, Have Mercy on us.!!!!!!

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is:

The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who willdeceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE

Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and

he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will

destroy everything Is it OBAMA??

Can you quote the actual Biblical text? I'd love to see it. (It's been awhile since I've looked at Revelations.)

AmPat
06-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Can you quote the actual Biblical text? I'd love to see it. (It's been awhile since I've looked at Revelations.)

He did. Chapter 13 in Revelation. Revelation is not plural although in the book it recounts many "revealings.":o

Elspeth
06-13-2008, 09:24 AM
He did. Chapter 13 in Revelation. Revelation is not plural although in the book it recounts many "revealings.":o

What verses? (Sorry, my Catholic school education did not get too deeply into Revelation. BTW, I was copying Zeus on the name: "According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: "

Zeus
06-13-2008, 09:57 AM

The op isn't a direct qoutation from the Bible or the Book of Revelations. As a matter of fact the Term Antichrist is only mentioned four times inb the Biible, and it appears only in the letters of John (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:2-3; 2 John 7).

The Antichrist isn't specifically mentioned to be a muslim but John’s use of the term “antichrist” was a label that applied to people teaching certain heresies who were or had been associated with the church of his day. Primarily, it was applied to those who denied that Jesus was God Incarnate – that God had come in human flesh (John 1:1, 14). the term “antichrist” can refer to any individual who opposes the true doctrine about the Incarnation and divinity of Jesus – and his work of salvation as God in the flesh. “Antichrist” has no specific prophetic application to any living or dead political leader such as a Hitler, or to any group, such as a so-called “satanic cult.” John did not pin the title “antichrist” on any single individual. He was identifying any person who denies the Incarnation of Jesus or his deity as true God of true God as such an individual, an antichrist.

In short the OP is someones loose interpetation of Revelations. Still something to think about.

patriot45
06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Don't worry Obomba will have his place in the Bible acording to;

The enlightened Obomba (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/SandyRios/2008/06/12/the_enlightened_obama)

“What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history. The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance,” declared Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. of Chicago.

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
By Brian Knowlton / Thursday, June 12, 2008

WASHINGTON: After trying for months to bat down a swirl of wild rumors in more conventional ways, the presidential campaign of Barack Obama started a Web site Thursday intended to quash such reports - though by doing so it might have given the rumors even broader exposure.

Obama, the presumptive Democratic candidate, reportedly took the politically risky step after growing increasingly angry about reports that his wife, Michelle, had used the racial epithet "whitey" in what was described as a "rant" in Trinity United Church of Christ, the Obamas' former place of worship in Chicago.

"The Obama campaign isn't going to let dishonest smears spread across the Internet unanswered," Tommy Vietor, a campaign spokesman, said in a statement. "Whenever challenged with these lies, we will aggressively push back with the truth."

The unusual move underscores the incendiary way in which rumors borne by the Internet, cable television or broadcast talk shows can throw even a well-run campaign off balance. The matter is particularly sensitive for Obama as he seeks to become the first nonwhite U.S. president: Most of the attacks seem designed to portray him as less than a full American, of questionable national origin, of divided loyalties and radical beliefs.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/12/america/campaign.php

dixierat
06-13-2008, 01:02 PM
What's he calling it? Obamasnopes?

:cool:

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM

Nah - it’s called ‘Don't-Talk-Shit-Bout-My-Wife’, Whitey. :D

YupItsMe
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Nah - it’s called ‘Don't-Talk-Shit-Bout-My-Wife’, Whitey. :D

That's pretty funny! :)

Rebel Yell
06-13-2008, 01:19 PM

Nop, just snopes will do. They disspelled the rumor that he has a liberal voting record.:rolleyes:

Speedy
06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
We may have unwittingly stumbled upon a way to defeat Obama. Aparrently he turns into a whiney little bitch over everything. Very few things annoy people as quickly as a whiney little bitch.

I hope dozens more "rumors" come out. He will spend all of his time quelling them while bitching about it.

SarasotaRepub
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Quick, someone start a rumor Obama is a Space Alien!!
http://capefeare.com/alien.gif

Fear Teh Obama!!! :D

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I hope dozens more "rumors" come out. He will spend all of his time quelling them while bitching about it.

And that may be a valid tactic - except that his crew is young. Very young and very dumb, but they’re computer savvy and have gobs of energy. McBush on the other hand looks like a UNIVAC machine.

noonwitch
06-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Quick, someone start a rumor Obama is a Space Alien!!
http://capefeare.com/alien.gif

Fear Teh Obama!!! :D

Remember the tabloid headlines/fake photos that portrayed Bush I as an alien? They were hilarious!

dixierat
06-13-2008, 02:59 PM
And that may be a valid tactic - except that his crew is young. Very young and very dumb, but they’re computer savvy and have gobs of energy. McBush on the other hand looks like a UNIVAC machine.

So you want to let the kiddies run the country? Think about that a while.......:D

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
So you want to let the kiddies run the country? Think about that a while.......:D

Didn’t even hint that - and I have thought about it. Point was, McCain’s got to stop doing ‘Geratol’ spots and get with the image program.

Teetop
06-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Poor SnObama, Malik SnObama told the truth about Barack. (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1212659716936&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull)

He's has a Muslim background.

So much for SnObama's rebutting that "rumor".

:D

Molon Labe
06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
We may have unwittingly stumbled upon a way to defeat Obama. Aparrently he turns into a whiney little bitch over everything. Very few things annoy people as quickly as a whiney little bitch.

The big guns are coming out momentarily. Obama will be praying for "rumors" by the time the McCain propaganda machine takes control this Summer and Fall.

Constitutionally Speaking
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
By Brian Knowlton / Thursday, June 12, 2008

WASHINGTON: After trying for months to bat down a swirl of wild rumors in more conventional ways, the presidential campaign of Barack Obama started a Web site Thursday intended to quash such reports - though by doing so it might have given the rumors even broader exposure.

Obama, the presumptive Democratic candidate, reportedly took the politically risky step after growing increasingly angry about reports that his wife, Michelle, had used the racial epithet "whitey" in what was described as a "rant" in Trinity United Church of Christ, the Obamas' former place of worship in Chicago.

"The Obama campaign isn't going to let dishonest smears spread across the Internet unanswered," Tommy Vietor, a campaign spokesman, said in a statement. "Whenever challenged with these lies, we will aggressively push back with the truth."

The unusual move underscores the incendiary way in which rumors borne by the Internet, cable television or broadcast talk shows can throw even a well-run campaign off balance. The matter is particularly sensitive for Obama as he seeks to become the first nonwhite U.S. president: Most of the attacks seem designed to portray him as less than a full American, of questionable national origin, of divided loyalties and radical beliefs.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/12/america/campaign.php

And on this site he LIES about who is starting these "smears".

Elspeth
06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
You know, if Clinton had been nominated, women would have been happy about it, but no one would have suggested rewriting the Bible for her. I just get the idea that the whole Obama-phenomenon is not about politics but about the personal need for a messiah.

LibraryLady
06-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Tennessee Dem Suggests Obama May Be ‘Terrorist Connected’ (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/13/tennessee-dem-suggests-obama-may-be-terrorist-connected/)

Proving just how important Barack Obama’s new rumor-busting Web site could be, a Tennessee Democratic Party member told a local newspaper that the presumptive nominee of his party “may be terrorist connected.”

The Nashville City Paper quoted Fred Hobbs, identified as an executive committee member of the state Democratic Party, in an article Friday examining why Rep. Lincoln Davis, D-Tenn., was withholding his endorsement of Obama.

Hobbs told the City Paper he understands why Davis is slow to endorse, because Hobbs said he, too, is “skeptical” of Obama.

“Maybe (it’s) the same reason I don’t want to — I don’t exactly approve of a lot of the things he stands for and I’m not sure we know enough about him,” Hobbs told the paper. “He’s got some bad connections, and he may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be."

Elspeth
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Tennessee Dem Suggests Obama May Be ‘Terrorist Connected’ (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/13/tennessee-dem-suggests-obama-may-be-terrorist-connected/)

You get the impression the Democratic party is in meltdown?

Speedy
06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
This website of Obama's may turn out to be one of the biggest backfires of all time. My guess is it gets shut down within a month after causing mucho damage and various brushfires, large and small have been set by it.