PDA

View Full Version : Facebook---Use it on CU???

SarasotaRepub
03-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Simple Poll: Do you use the CU Facebook options??

linda22003
03-24-2014, 03:18 PM
For me to participate, the poll would have to have a third option: ??Um.... what....???

Rockntractor
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
For me to participate, the poll would have to have a third option: ??Um.... what....???

You need to vote no then, we are trying to find out how many people benefit from the Facebook link and options and use them, because they do make the forum load slower on poor connections.

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I just clicked like so more people can find this forum.

marv
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
I understand the purpose of the poll, but I don't Facebook, or Tweet, or use any other of the social media on the Internet except forums and emails.

ABC
03-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I understand the purpose of the poll, but I don't Facebook, or Tweet, or use any other of the social media on the Internet except forums and emails.

Am with you Marv! :love_heart:

I don't either. Other than reading Drudge, Breitbart, and Wall Street Journal when needed ... and of course , CU every morning *happy-smile* ...

I gave it a NO!

~ ABC

Apache
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't really do FB ,,, but I did Like CU... so:victorious:

Apache
03-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Am with you Marv! :love_heart:

I don't either. Other than reading Drudge, Breitbart, and Wall Street Journal when needed ... and of course , CU every morning ...

I gave it a NO!

~ ABC

You big meanie! You sign up on FB NOW... AND YOU WILL LIKE, CU NOW!

Or no soup for you..... :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

DumbAss Tanker
03-24-2014, 08:40 PM
I've never set up a FB page, originally I steered wide of it for OPSEC reasons. Now that I've been retired for a couple of years I suppose I could get around to it, I just haven't had any overwhelming reason to as yet.

ABC
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
You big meanie! You sign up on FB NOW... AND YOU WILL LIKE, CU NOW!

Or no soup for you..... :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

But, but, but, since I am not a Dem ...

How can I possibly go back in and vote "yes" this time? :biggrin-new:

As for FB, not really my thing, pumpkin.

~ ABC

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Is there a way to "like" CU as a whole so it shows up in my facebook likes?

ABC
03-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Apache ...

Just got off the phone, decided to come back in just for you. :love_heart:

A few years back, I did sign onto FB, in order to see all the pics my son/his wife and grandkids kept posting on their pages for school events, vacations, etc. ... Else would never have gotten to see the photos otherwise. (Crazy young people!) I don't do it anymore however.

Tell you what ... Will meet your demand half way. Will get all 4 of them to "like" CU on their individual FB pages!!! How's that? :rotfl:

~ ABC

Retread
03-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Wife and both girls are there. I'm not - and ain't planning on going.

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Apache ...

A few years back, I did sign onto FB, in order to see all the pics my son/his wife and grandkids kept posting on their pages for school events, vacations, etc. ... Else would never have gotten to see the photos otherwise. (Crazy young people!) I don't do it anymore however.

Tell you what ... Will meet your demand half way. Will get all 4 of them to "like" CU on their individual FB pages!!! How's that? :rotfl:

~ ABC

That is the only way I get to see pictures of my nieces and nephews and the nieces' children.

Apache
03-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Apache ...

~ ABC

ABC... you know they have a games page on FB, right?

I play the games....

Pumpkin?

I am not orange or fat :blue:

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Luv ya ABC! :cool:

MstrBlue
03-25-2014, 10:40 AM
I have FB just to keep tabs on my kids!
Sure, I enjoy the pictures of my grandkids they share, too!
And it helps keep in touch with my eldest son in <shudder> California.

RobJohnson
03-27-2014, 04:09 AM
I noticed when I click on "like" to like a link for facebook it just shows a hyperlink and a question mark icon. So I don't think it has much marketing value on facebook.

DU has a nice set up where you can tweet their topics or like it on facebook and it includes the thread title and their forum icon. I use it often to make fun of democrats.

SarasotaRepub
03-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Just so you all know, FB constantly changes their interface and the
only way for CU to stay 100% current is to be running the lastest
version of vBulletin. Since there have been problems with going from
one version of vB to the next, I have no current intention of upgrading
vB. We are stable now and I like it that way!!:smile-new:

Retread
03-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Just so you all know, FB constantly changes their interface and the
only way for CU to stay 100% current is to be running the lastest
version of vBulletin. Since there have been problems with going from
one version of vB to the next, I have no current intention of upgrading
vB. We are stable now and I like it that way!!:smile-new:

And since we are all about YOUR stability........... Sic'm!

SarasotaRepub
03-30-2014, 12:20 AM
And since we are all about YOUR stability........... Sic'm!

LOL!!!!

RobJohnson
03-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Rock keeps sending me friend requests on facebook. His profile picture is a little creepy.

SarasotaRepub
07-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Once again FB is changing their API stuff and I started
getting error msgs trying to do certain CU things so I've
just turned if off at least for now.

NJCardFan
07-26-2016, 10:55 AM
To be honest, I didn't know CU had any Facebook connection. There is a Conservative Underground page on Facebook but I don't know if it's us or not. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/cosservative.Underground/

SarasotaRepub
07-26-2016, 11:03 AM
To be honest, I didn't know CU had any Facebook connection. There is a Conservative Underground page on Facebook but I don't know if it's us or not. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/cosservative.Underground/

No, that isn't mine. Someone dicking around with the name. I didn't
even know that was there either but it isn't us.

Elspeth
07-26-2016, 09:23 PM
No Facebook. It is pure evil.

ralph wiggum
07-26-2016, 09:29 PM
No Facebook. It is pure evil.
It can be beneficial. Depends on what one uses it for.

Elspeth
07-26-2016, 09:30 PM
It can be beneficial. Depends on what one uses it for.

So many uses, so little time for the NSA to catalogue them all. (Not to mention Chinese intelligence and the KGB)

ralph wiggum
07-26-2016, 11:22 PM
So many uses, so little time for the NSA to catalogue them all. (Not to mention Chinese intelligence and the KGB)
My Google history has to be a treasure trove. The stuff I research for my jobs must make a lurker think I'm bonkers.

Elspeth
07-27-2016, 01:56 AM
My Google history has to be a treasure trove. The stuff I research for my jobs must make a lurker think I'm bonkers.

If you get that knock on the door in the middle of the night, I don't know you.:biggrin-new:

ArmyMedic
07-28-2016, 11:25 PM

Well seeing as no one has figured out how to use it as kindling or toilet paper. What that use might be, I couldn't say.

ArmyMedic
07-28-2016, 11:34 PM

I am curious the poll results seem to indicate that overwhelmingly people here are not using facebook.
I wonder how much of a part the clear cut, proven bias against conservatives over on Facebook, plays in that.

Rockntractor
07-29-2016, 12:14 AM
I am curious the poll results seem to indicate that overwhelmingly people here are not using facebook.
I wonder how much of a part the clear cut, proven bias against conservatives over on Facebook, plays in that.
The conservative bias does play a part with me but it's not the only reason, I have enough internet social interaction with CU and don't have time to add another.

Retread
07-29-2016, 11:12 AM

At 74 and seeing the stupidity of friend and families behavior there, I would not add to the dump for a second. I do belong to and am active on LinkedIn but I treat that exclusively as a professional networking group. I was also talked into contributing on Quora. With all the AGW proponents over there, I may have to abandon that. Not good for my blood pressure.

oldcoastie1
07-29-2016, 05:40 PM
At 74 and seeing the stupidity of friend and families behavior there, I would not add to the dump for a second. I do belong to and am active on LinkedIn but I treat that exclusively as a professional networking group. I was also talked into contributing on Quora. With all the AGW proponents over there, I may have to abandon that. Not good for my blood pressure.

How can I get my ID deleted on LinkedIn?

oldcoastie1
07-29-2016, 05:41 PM

My wife and I use Faceebook.

Retread
07-29-2016, 07:36 PM

I think you can self-delete, I'm not sure.

Retread
07-29-2016, 07:46 PM
The link I found will not work from this pane. I found it by going to my help and asking how to close the account. See the discussion below.

---------

Closing your account means deleting your profile and removing access to all your LinkedIn information from our site. If you have a Premium account, you can cancel the Premium access, but still keep your free Basic account to retain your profile, connections, and other information.
You can close your account directly from the Close Account page. Before you do, please note:
You won't have access to your connections or any information you've added to your account.
Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
Search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google may still display your information temporarily due to the way they collect and update their search data. Learn more about how your profile shows up in search engine results.
You'll lose all recommendations and endorsements you've collected on your LinkedIn profile.
You can reopen your account in most cases, if it's been closed less than 20 days.
You can also close your LinkedIn account on the Privacy & Settings page:
Move your cursor over your photo in the top right corner of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
Click Closing your account under the Subscriptions section of the Account tab.
Check the reason for closing your account and click Next.
Enter your account password and click Close account.
Notes:
If you have a premium membership, own a LinkedIn group, or have a premium account license, you'll have to resolve those accounts before being able to close your Basic account.
You may want to download a copy of your data before you close your account with us.
If you've created more than one account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.
Do you want to keep your account but receive less email?
You can set the frequency of email communications from the Communications tab of your Privacy & Settings page to reduce email notifications, group digest emails, and LinkedIn announcements.
Learn more about managing the types and frequency of email from LinkedIn.

Rockntractor
07-29-2016, 07:52 PM
http://thelinkedinman.com/how-to-close-and-delete-your-linkedin-account/

RobJohnson
07-30-2016, 01:34 AM
I love Facebook.

On a local level I use it to help several small businesses with their marketing. Some of the businesses even catch on and follow my lead.

Advertising on Facebook by "boosting" a post, can have very good results with using hardly any money, especially when you "pick your audience" for the post. Much better then print ads.