PDA

View Full Version : Toddler hurt by razor blades on local playground

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 07:07 PM
I hope they catch who did this.

A two-year-old was hurt after razor blades were placed on playground equipment at Millennium Park in East Moline.

A police department spokesman said police found several razor blades glued to various pieces of equipment at the park, at 5101 Archer Drive, just before 1 p.m. Monday, March 24, 2014.
“Officers collected the razor blades and other evidence,” according to a statement from East Moline Police Captain John Reynolds.
Reynolds said a two-year-old child was injured.

http://wqad.com/2014/03/24/toddler-hurt-by-razor-blades-on-local-playground/

Picture at link.

Apache
03-24-2014, 08:32 PM
I would make them play on that equipment until the blades were gone.... sick bastards!

Retread
03-24-2014, 10:02 PM
There is a thing that used to be done but it probably fell out of favor due to the lapse of double-edged razors but.....

Get a fist sized Idaho potato and fill one side with double-edged blades all sticking out one way. Hold firmly and push into opponents face. Only good for one lick but that one is a doozy.

Get the gang involved in trashing the kids playground, give each one of them two of these and tell them to get after it in a locked room.

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 11:15 PM
I would make them play on that equipment until the blades were gone.... sick bastards!

I agree. I have friends with kids and grandchildren that use that park.

RobJohnson
03-24-2014, 11:17 PM
There is a thing that used to be done but it probably fell out of favor due to the lapse of double-edged razors but.....

Get a fist sized Idaho potato and fill one side with double-edged blades all sticking out one way. Hold firmly and push into opponents face. Only good for one lick but that one is a doozy.

Get the gang involved in trashing the kids playground, give each one of them two of these and tell them to get after it in a locked room.

I hope the idiots doing this to the playgrounds are caught this does not become a trend.

noonwitch
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
They finally tore down this particular public housing unit in Detroit, but there was a playground adjacent to the Jeffries Projects that no child ever played in. It was between the apartments and the former skid row/future home of the new Red Wings stadium, and the park was littered with used needles, razor blades, little zip loc baggies, etc.

It did have some really cool retro metal swings and such, the kind that are now considered dangerous for children.

Apocalypse
03-25-2014, 11:40 PM
I live near enough to this park, and have driven past it.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1978830_824104700937716_800362414_n.jpg

You don't do some thing like that without planning it. Who is going to have that many razor blades and carry industrial adhesive?

When I first heard of it being in the QCA, first thing I thought of was maybe Monroe or Lafayette Park in Davenport. Both are down near 3rd Ave and lets say, I wouldn't let a kid play in those parks without checking for stickers first.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1509253_822681111080075_823056768_n.jpg