PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to any visitors from the Cave

Pages : [1] 2

SaintLouieWoman
04-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Hope your technical problems are resolved quickly. You are always welcome here, make yourself at home til you're back up and running, and you're always welcome to visit here whenever you want.

SarasotaRepub
04-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Please bring pie!!!!! :smile-new:

FlaGator
04-21-2014, 06:54 PM
No pie. Cobbler...

Chris
04-21-2014, 07:04 PM
I brought beer.

Chris
04-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Hope your technical problems are resolved quickly. You are always welcome here, make yourself at home til you're back up and running, and you're always welcome to visit here whenever you want.We should be back up soon. We were knocked offline, not hacked.

Our hosting company is shipping the server back to us. It will be rehosted with a more secure company.

SaintLouieWoman
04-21-2014, 07:18 PM
We should be back up soon. We were knocked offline, not hacked.

Our hosting company is shipping the server back to us. It will be rehosted with a more secure company.

Glad to hear that. Hope you're back up soon. You're always welcome here.

Chris
04-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Glad to hear that. Hope you're back up soon. You're always welcome here.Thanks. I almost had to be productive at work today. It was awful.

Apache
04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
No pie. Cobbler...

gator!!!!!! How are you bud???

DumbAss Tanker
04-21-2014, 10:02 PM
I already ate the pie I was bringing. Sorry. Well, I'm not really sorry, but well, you know...

:biggrin-new:

franksolich
04-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the welcome. I dunno what's going on, and have been busy all day, but it's nice to know one has a place to stay.

SaintLouieWoman
04-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Hey, thanks for the welcome. I dunno what's going on, and have been busy all day, but it's nice to know one has a place to stay.

Hi, nice to see you. It's sort of like the Red Roof Inn, always a light on. :biggrin-new:

I hate it when folks attack a board like that, but conservatives are like the Everready bunny--hard to keep down. We just keep going and going and going.

RobJohnson
04-21-2014, 11:34 PM
I brought beer.

The sex and booze crowd is back. :biggrin-new:

md11hydmec
04-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks, its good to have a place to come in out of the cold.

FourWinds
04-22-2014, 12:45 AM
I was wondering what happened. I reside there under a different screen name.

FlaGator
04-22-2014, 06:49 AM
gator!!!!!! How are you bud???
I am good. Thanks for asking. Hope things are good with you too!

Karin
04-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Oh my God, I felt like a homeless waif!! Thanks for taking in this poor bedraggled motley crew.

Chris, I know how you feel, it was a most productive day. Terrible! :biggrin-new:

BlueStateSaint
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
My wife was wondering what I was going to do without the Cave. I told her that there was our old home . . .

SarasotaRepub
04-22-2014, 09:13 AM

HEY!!! LOL!!!

Welcome back everyone...

franksolich
04-22-2014, 09:59 AM
SUGGESTION FROM franksolich

It appear there's lots of lost souls wandering around, trying to find out what happened, and where we're at.

Because i keep real life and internet life pretty much separate, I don't have a whole lot of e-mail accounts of members (where they can be reached outside of any certain site).

If anyone knows anyone from conservativecave who might be wondering where we're at, and has a non-conservativecave e-mail for that individual, please send one, telling where we're at, and encouraging them to register for membership here, and post. The more the merrier.

And again, thanks to SaintLouieWoman and SarasotaRepub for providing this haven.

thundley4
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM

It appear there's lots of lost souls wandering around, trying to find out what happened, and where we're at.

Because i keep real life and internet life pretty much separate, I don't have a whole lot of e-mail accounts of members (where they can be reached outside of any certain site).

If anyone knows anyone from conservativecave who might be wondering where we're at, and has a non-conservativecave e-mail for that individual, please send one, telling where we're at, and encouraging them to register for membership here, and post. The more the merrier.

And again, thanks to SaintLouieWoman and SarasotaRepub for providing this haven.

A few of us are connected on Facebook and have been kept in the loop that way.

That's how I made my way here this time.

txradioguy
04-22-2014, 10:13 AM
I brought beer.

I brought these...hope two is ok.

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/66981-mariah-carey-tweets-sexy-photo-of-bra-boobs-for-husband-nick-cannons-birthday-pi/1381248633_mariah-carey-467.jpg

txradioguy
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Some of us have been here among you all along! :biggrin-new:

Chris
04-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Big Dog sent me a text message earlier. I told him we were gathered here until we get up and running again.

RobJohnson
04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
HEY!!! LOL!!!

Welcome back everyone...

:rotfl:

njpines
04-22-2014, 12:07 PM
You guys went away and left me cold and alone!!!! :blue:

Chris
04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
But you're here now! :biggrin-new:

Rebel
04-22-2014, 12:16 PM
See, what had happened was....

CC is down for the time being. They're sending the server back to me as my account was suspended. The reason for suspension is as follows:

Dear Frank Solich,

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: 1U Server (2012)
Domain: CP2.1.7.3
Due Date: 05/16/2014
Suspension Reason: 15Gb/s DDoS to 64.251.18.184

Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.

The ServerPronto Team

They said this was the worst they'd ever seen and it brought several, several of their customers down. As exactly 8 AM this morning, we were hit by a DDoS attack that generated 15 gbs per second of traffic. Server Pronto couldn't handle it.

We're down, but definitely not out. They wouldn't let me rectify the situation with a DDoS mitigation service as a ton of their other customers were also affected, think about it, 15 gigs per second. So, once I receive the server, I'll perform a backup, start up a temporary site on web.com or something, and upload the backups to the temp spot. Then I need to run some diagnostics on the rackmount and upgrade some of the hardware. It's several years old.

Frank Solich, the owner, got me to handle this, and had Chris contact Sarasota to advise him to get a DDoS mitigation service. There really is no way to stop it. It's not a hack. Basically, if your site can be reached, it can have a DDoS attack. It can, however, be mitigated using various methods.

All in all, we got under someone's skin bad. It was directed, highly coordinated, and took some thought and time to follow up on the attack. Someone be pissed. :bravo: CCers.

To any lurking DUmbasses, we know you hate opposing points of view, deal with it. F'ers. I've dealt with much worse in terms of setbacks, much worse.

njpines
04-22-2014, 12:18 PM
But you're here now! :biggrin-new:

Yup, did a facepalm there when I realized Oh hell, I know where everyone is!! :party:

IassaFTots
04-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Hiya Everyone! Good to see all y'all. SR and SLW, thanks for the warm welcome, I promise I will keep my feet off the sofa. :smile-new:

ralph wiggum
04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Welcome my fellow refugees!

Karin
04-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Rebel, what you posted up there went clean over my head--WHOOOOSH!--but thank you for your herculean efforts. As Charles H. said after the 2012 election, we are bowed but not broken. :smile-new:

Dori
04-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone. :toast:

Happy to have found you.

lastparker
04-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Whimper....... thank GOD. Almost like waking up to an apocalypse. I see the DUmp is agitated as well.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024856588

And I brought wine. Hey ya'll! :adoration::adoration:

tuolumnejim
04-22-2014, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if we were having a DNS attack, so thanks for the heads up. :toast:

hoplophobe
04-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Whimper....... thank GOD. Almost like waking up to an apocalypse. I see the DUmp is agitated as well.

Coventina (10,551 posts)
7. Wow!

How sad is someone's life that he would spend so much of it VOLUNTARILY watching those he loathes?

Sort of like the troops on the DMZ watching North Korea.

Rockntractor
04-22-2014, 02:41 PM

If all woman looked like Nancy Palosi, the supreme court bitches and the head of the fed a goat would be a better choice.

NuclearDem (7,451 posts)
6. Wait, are you saying people on Conservative Cave fuck goats?

That's an awful thing to say, people on Conservative Cave fuck goats! Why, I don't know if there's proof that people on Conservative Cave fuck goats. I mean, I sure don't want to find out if people on Conservative Cave fuck goats, but it seems silly to imply that people on Conservative Cave fuck goats.

Chris
04-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Someone should let them know we're still around. :single_eye:

lastparker
04-22-2014, 02:57 PM
msanthrope (23,360 posts)
2. The goatfuckers' site is down? Ah...the poor goats. Google "goatfuckers" and the site name....

you'll see what I mean.

The woman has a law degree and she spends her time playing games with google.

NuclearDem (7,451 posts)
6. Wait, are you saying people on democraticunderground.com fuck goats?

That's an awful thing to say, people on democraticunderground.com fuck goats! Why, I don't know if there's proof that people on democraticunderground.com fuck goats. I mean, I sure don't want to find out if people on democraticunderground.com fuck goats, but it seems silly to imply that people on democraticunderground.com fuck goats.

FIFY, skippy.

Karin
04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
That little google game they're playing has been done to Harry Reid and his pedophilia to a much greater degree.

Elspeth
04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Is there any way to trace where these DOS attacks are coming from?

SaintLouieWoman
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
If all woman looked like Nancy Palosi, the supreme court bitches and the head of the fed a goat would be a better choice.

No self respecting goats would want them as a companion. :biggrin-new:

And welcome again to all our visitors. Don't worry about putting your feet on the table. We're casual here.

Chris
04-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Is there any way to trace where these DOS attacks are coming from?There are visitor logs on the server that should have that information. It may be possible to find out where it originated.

Rebel
04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Just got an e-mail from an admin of another conservative site saying they'd been down since Sunday and their host said they had a DDoS attack.

Progs can't stand free speech, can they? Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Keep the locks tight, Sarasota. I'd check into a DDoS mitigation solution.

ralph wiggum
04-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Just got an e-mail from an admin of another conservative site saying they'd been down since Sunday and their host said they had a DDoS attack.

Progs can't stand free speech, can they? Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Keep the locks tight, Sarasota. I'd check into a DDoS mitigation solution.

Ouch, that stinks.

BlueStateSaint
04-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, this wasn't directed from someone in, say, FT Meade . . .

Rebel
04-22-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, this wasn't directed from someone in, say, FT Meade . . .

I would hope like hell our military wasn't involved in moonbat tactics to stifle free speech. A lot more conservative veterans than there are liberal veterans. A HELLUVA lot more.

ralph wiggum
04-22-2014, 04:56 PM

I see a lot our "favorites" have been posting in that thread.

Would be nice if someone burned a mole & dropped a link to CU in that thread. :cool:

Rockntractor
04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
I see a lot our "favorites" have been posting in that thread.

Would be nice if someone burned a mole & dropped a link to CU in that thread. :cool:

looks like a really stupid one might be hinting

Apache
04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Sorry CC'ers...

Howdy all! I know a few names... ( I lurk there a bit) gotta hand it to Frank, he's got a good group over there, but we have SR SLW and Rock...

Welcome to CU!

Karin
04-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Bainesbane (I've forgotten her nickname, something with DD), said something about the goats, then posted a picture of a sheep. God, is she dumb.

_____

"Response to Atman (Original post)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 03:58 PM

Star Member hrmjustin (33,779 posts)

15. Lol. I was wondering why they were down.

And to think they can't start a thread on your thread. What the hell will they do with themselves now? "
_____

Think again, DUmmie.

Chris
04-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Bainesbane (I've forgotten her nickname, something with DD), said something about the goats, then posted a picture of a sheep. God, is she dumb. PhDD's.

Where is Sgt. Snuggle Bunny anyway?

BlueStateSaint
I would hope like hell our military wasn't involved in moonbat tactics to stifle free speech. A lot more conservative veterans than there are liberal veterans. A HELLUVA lot more.

THE NSA is also there, isn't it?

Rockntractor
Bainesbane (I've forgotten her nickname, something with DD), said something about the goats, then posted a picture of a sheep. God, is she dumb.

Probably used to looking at them from over her shoulder.

Chris
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Here you go, DUmmies... enjoy. :love_heart:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/kayaktn/smileys/coupon_zps8df086bd.jpg

Rebel
04-22-2014, 05:36 PM
THE NSA is also there, isn't it?

They're all over the place. They have a HUGE!!! complex at Ft. Gordon now.

Dori
04-22-2014, 05:37 PM

Can you say the name of the site?

What if the same thing happens here?

Rebel
04-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Can you say the name of the site?

What if the same thing happens here?

conservativesforum.com was taken down. He's back up as of today.

Apache

_____

"Response to Atman (Original post)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 03:58 PM

Star Member hrmjustin (33,779 posts)

15. Lol. I was wondering why they were down.

And to think they can't start a thread on your thread. What the hell will they do with themselves now? "
_____

Think again, DUmmie.

Most Dummies have no clue about livestock... they go to Whole Foods and think they know everything... Go Figure:rolleyes:

As for Texas Toast (aka Atman).... still waiting for you to come back here.

franksolich
You and Chris_ do most excellent work safeguarding my site, sir. :friendly_wink:

What the primitives forget is our resiliency, something they don't have.

We'll laugh at them from the beaches. And if driven from the beaches, we'll taunt them from the forests. And if driven from the forests, we'll ridicule them from the mountains. And if driven from the mountains, we'll mock them from the valleys. And if driven from the valleys, we'll tease them from the prairies. And if driven from prairies, we'll torment them from the oceans. And if driven from the oceans, we'll storm them from the skies.

&c., &c., &c.

The primitives can shove that up their rectal apertures and smoke it.

Apache
04-22-2014, 05:44 PM
You and Chris_ do most excellent work safeguarding my site, sir. :friendly_wink:

We'll laugh at them from the beaches. And if driven from the beaches, we'll taunt them from the forests. And if driven from the forests, we'll ridicule them from the mountains. And if driven from the mountains, we'll mock them from the valleys. And if driven from the valleys, we'll tease them from the prairies. And if driven from prairies, we'll torment them from the oceans. And if driven from the oceans, we'll storm them from the skies.

&c., &c., &c.

LOL I miss you Frank....

Such a wordster :biggrin-new:

BlueStateSaint
04-22-2014, 05:45 PM
They're all over the place. They have a HUGE!!! complex at Ft. Gordon now.

Really . . . ? Wow.

Chris
04-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Really . . . ? Wow.Obama's got to keep your personal information stored somewhere.

Rebel
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, we get attacked, we all come here. Boosting CU. I got it!!!! The Dark Sith is the DDoS'er!!!! :biggrin-new:

Thanks for welcoming our members, SLW and Sarasota. :toast:

Lurking DUers, you can't keep a conservative down, fools.

Rebel
04-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Really . . . ? Wow.

Google Earth it. It's in the back of garrison. Back when I was stationed there, there was nothing but DRMO and a few old WWII buildings. We had to pass through that area because range road started there. The area wasn't heavily used since the 60's. There's also that dataplex out in, IIRC, Utah.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks for welcoming our members, SLW and Sarasota. :toast:

Yeah.

Lurking DUers, you can't keep a conservative down, fools.

I see man-boobs--and so hirsute too, like a chimpanzee--Atman is jubilating.

<<<will take care of the evil twin later. Too bad for Atman.

cmypay
04-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks for having us! Was feeling a bit lost the last couple of days

Apache
04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, we get attacked, we all come here. Boosting CU. I got it!!!! The Dark Sith is the DDoS'er!!!! .

The Force ChokeTM will now be applied... :biggrin-new:

SarasotaRepub
04-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Hmmm, we get attacked, we all come here. Boosting CU. I got it!!!! The Dark Sith is the DDoS'er!!!! :biggrin-new:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :vader:

Rebel
04-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Come to think of it, this is Server Pronto's fault. They had no DDoS mitigation solutions and had us on shared bandwidth with other customers, so when we went down, their other customers went down. Apparently they plan on staying that way because they didn't offer to help us, or allow us to rectify it with an IP DDoS solution. They plan on staying as vulnerable as they were when we were attacked. They punted. The cowards. We were longtime, loyal customers. There's nothing we can do on our part, on the server. You can't install anything that'll prevent it. Basically, if your server can be reached, it can be attacked by DDoS. If it can't be reached, what's the point in having the server.

BadCat
04-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Come to think of it, this is Server Pronto's fault. They had no DDoS mitigation solutions and had us on shared bandwidth with other customers, so when we went down, their other customers went down. Apparently they plan on staying that way because they didn't offer to help us, or allow us to rectify it with an IP DDoS solution. They plan on staying as vulnerable as they were when we were attacked. They punted. The cowards. We were longtime, loyal customers. There's nothing we can do on our part, on the server. You can't install anything that'll prevent it. Basically, if your server can be reached, it can be attacked by DDoS. If it can't be reached, what's the point in having the server.

I'm still trying to figure out the 15 Gb/sec. That's a serious attack. I don't know many that could pull that off.

SarasotaRepub
04-22-2014, 08:16 PM
By the way, if you try and join and get bumped by CU's

Spam Blocker, contact Rebel or some CCer that is on and give them

your UserId. I'll get you in manually and give you a temp password.

Big Dog
04-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Big Dog sent me a text message earlier. I told him we were gathered here until we get up and running again.

I'm here!

I guess it was a good thing to use "1234" as my CU password after all!

Chris
04-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know how to reach BattleHymn? I need help fixing my car. :biggrin-new:

franksolich
04-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know how to reach BattleHymn? I need help fixing my car. :biggrin-new:

He'll get here.

Over on the secret site this afternoon, he mentioned the spam blocker here had repelled his registration.

As has since been mentioned, one can get around that by contacting SarasotaRepub or a member in good standing of the temporarily-down conservativecave.

He'll get here.

Chris
04-22-2014, 08:24 PM
I went through the offsite CC email looking for member addresses. The only one I found was obumazombie.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 08:32 PM
I went through the offsite CC email looking for member addresses. The only one I found was obumazombie.

Ouch.

You didn't find Tucker or GOBUCKS or JakeStyle?

Ooops, I have Tucker; I'll contact him, but maybe he's a member of the facebook page, and already knows.

It's uh, apparently not necessary to use my moles on Skins's island to alert the primitives where we're at. As we all know, man-boobs Atman and Judy grasswire follow us all over the internet, stalking us, and so the primitives know.

<<<wishes the primitives would stop snooping and mind their own business.

Chris
04-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Tucker is on Facebook. The other two have never emailed CC.

I *had* a list of every member but that was on an old computer that went to the great recycling bin in the sky.

lock and load
04-22-2014, 08:41 PM
I have seen the man-boobs as well, and take it from me, they're ENORMOUS

I think he's talking about you, franksolich:

Atman (27,435 posts)

39. Yes. And they get a thousand Conservative Cave Goat <snip> hits for it.

Last edited Tue Apr 22, 2014, 06:23 PM - Edit history (1)

<snip> (I'm still waiting for my rich mom to give me all that Polaroid stock she accumulated during her secret life, while she introduces me to the older sisters I supposedly have). I have to admit, it is some of the best comedy on the internet. These people actually take themselves seriously, led on by a Ted Kaczynski wannabe somewhere in Whogivesafuck, Nebraska.

they act like pre-teens, so stupid

Idiot.

Big Dog
04-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Yup, did a facepalm there when I realized Oh hell, I know where everyone is!! :party:

Glad to see you!

:love_heart:

Eupher
04-22-2014, 08:42 PM
It took me awhile to get here, but I finally made it.

Damned goatfuckers got in my way. :biggrin-new:

Rebel
04-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the 15 Gb/sec. That's a serious attack. I don't know many that could pull that off.

Server Pronto said it's the worst they'd ever seen. When I called, he didn't even have to pull up my account. I just said my name. Everyone had been talking about it already.

Chris
04-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Server Pronto said it's the worst they'd ever seen. When I called, he didn't even have to pull up my account. I just said my name. Everyone had been talking about it already.At least you made their day interesting.

Maybe they'll consider doing their jobs and implement some sort of security.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Tucker is on Facebook. The other two have never emailed CC.

I *had* a list of every member but that was on an old computer that went to the great recycling bin in the sky.

Been there, had that happen.

I'm really impressed--or not--by the primitives lurking here.

The BainsBane primitive and Skippy have been curious, but they don't count any more, so no big deal.

I see H.P. MsPiggy's been checking up on us too.

(For those who don't know, "H.P." stands for "Her Porcinity," much like "H.M." or "H.R.H;" it refers to the pudgy piggy-like "msantrophe" primitivess.)

But I hope someone can reach GOBUCKS and JakeStyle, because a day without them's like a day without compelling wit and humor.

Not to disparage anyone else, of course; it's just that we all have our, uh, favorites.

Freeper
04-22-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm here now everyone can celebrate.

Carl
04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh and btw Pedro McGrath...you are still a cretin.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 09:26 PM

Isn't he, though.

ralph wiggum
04-22-2014, 09:28 PM

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. :cool:

Chris
04-22-2014, 09:28 PM
All that talk of goats... I bet Atman is a fan of the Soapy Sandusky.

Freeper
04-22-2014, 09:29 PM
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. :cool:

Oh great now I'm stuck in CA.

ralph wiggum
04-22-2014, 09:30 PM

Ditto. Texas Toast is a worthless POS, but that was fairly obvious.

And I saw that the DUmp thread is still keeping active. Gloat all you want, revenge will be ours.

SarasotaRepub
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
But I hope someone can reach GOBUCKS and JakeStyle, because a day without them's like a day without compelling wit and humor.

Not to disparage anyone else, of course; it's just that we all have our, uh, favorites.

I created accounts for both.

Freeper
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Server Pronto said it's the worst they'd ever seen. When I called, he didn't even have to pull up my account. I just said my name. Everyone had been talking about it already.

That's never a good sign.

Carl
04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Isn't he, though.

He can take comfort in the fact that all of the Internet knows the surfer boy,fired cartoonist is too stupid to have dreamed up a DOS attack on conservative sites.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I have seen the man-boobs as well, and take it from me, they're ENORMOUS

I think he's talking about you, franksolich:

Idiot.

You know, Atman's fascinating as both an anthropological and psychological study; he's always considered himself one of the "beautiful people," he's so vain, with so little reason to be so.

You should see what he looks like in the bathtub.

<<<has seen what Atman looks like in the bathtub.

Really.

Now, as a general rule, we don't pick on family members of primitives, unless they're also members of Skins's island. So I'm not picking on Atman's wife, who isn't any part of Skins's island.

But anyway, given Atman's preference for "beautiful people," I'd guessed she was real eye-candy.

She's okay, but don't get me wrong; she's no Barbi Benton or Farrah Fawcett-Major. Okay, but not great.

wasp69
04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Hope your technical problems are resolved quickly. You are always welcome here, make yourself at home til you're back up and running, and you're always welcome to visit here whenever you want.

Thanks for leaving the key under the mat, SLW. :-)

SaintLouieWoman
04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
This has been very informative. I never pay any attention to the DUmp, other than yap at poor SR that it's not worth the time. I'm so sick of the libs here in Sarasota that I've taken to thinking of just positive things--and the DUumies aren't very positive.

But I guess watching their antics can be amusing.

wasp69
04-22-2014, 10:21 PM
You guys went away and left me cold and alone!!!! :blue:

C'mere and let me give you a hug... ;)

wasp69
04-22-2014, 10:34 PM

Idiot.

It's not like he's got the balls to venture too far away from $kinner's dress hem. Not after the ass kicking he took right here on CU.

franksolich
04-22-2014, 10:34 PM
This has been very informative. I never pay any attention to the DUmp, other than yap at poor SR that it's not worth the time. I'm so sick of the libs here in Sarasota that I've taken to thinking of just positive things--and the DUumies aren't very positive.

Well, there's plenty of comedy on Skins's island.

The latest is that the locust primitive, Locut0s, has "irritable bowel syndrome."

He hasn't announced it on Skins's island yet, though.

<<<knows.

Is this one of those things that could be easily cured by adding fiber and roughage to the daily diet? I imagine it drives one nuts.

Rebel
04-22-2014, 10:36 PM
It's not like he's got the balls to venture too far away from $kinner's dress hem. Not after the ass kicking he took right here on CU.

This is why I was worried about CU. I think our two sites are the only ones that have a forum dedicated to the DUmbasses lunacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franksolich
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM

Trust me, i'm celebrating. Honestly.

It's a drag of a day when one doesn't see any familiar faces.

I've seen lots here, but there's still lots missing.

I'm not so concerned about past and present members of conservativeunderground--they'll find their way here--but more concerned about members of conservativecave who might not even know that conservativeunderground exists.

conservativeunderground's been publicized on conservativecave in the past, but when the latter's back up, perhaps we should constantly inform new members that this site exists and encourage them to register and post here too.

Me, I'm still having problems though.

I'm a guest on someone else's real-estate, and don't want to mess anything up.

<<<has a long-standing reputation as a good guest, an outstanding guest who doesn't intrude.

I've cautiously explored the "Best/Worst of DU" forum, but only cautiously, lest I be tempted. After all, this is a more refined, genteel crowd here, and they might not appreciate noisy raucousness. So best to be.....conservative, modest, reticent, and most of all, grateful.

wasp69
04-22-2014, 10:58 PM
This is why I was worried about CU. I think our two sites are the only ones that have a forum dedicated to the DUmbasses lunacy

Understood, but Texas Twat doesn't have enough brain power to coordinate anything past a sneeze. For God's sake, they wouldn't let him fill in the cartoon bubbles...

Apocalypse
04-22-2014, 11:22 PM

Is there some thing wrong to waking up to me?

Rockntractor
04-22-2014, 11:28 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EYZssqw.jpg

SaintLouieWoman
04-22-2014, 11:57 PM

Dissent is not allowed in the current political climate. It worries me, too, sometimes. But we will prevail, can't keep good conservatives down. They forget about the American spirit, hard to hold down.

Rebel
04-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Dissent is not allowed in the current political climate. It worries me, too, sometimes. But we will prevail, can't keep good conservatives down. They forget about the American spirit, hard to hold down.

Well, those Progs can kiss my Rebel ass

DumbAss Tanker
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM

<<<has a long-standing reputation as a good guest, an outstanding guest who doesn't intrude.

I've cautiously explored the "Best/Worst of DU" forum, but only cautiously, lest I be tempted. After all, this is a more refined, genteel crowd here, and they might not appreciate noisy raucousness. So best to be.....conservative, modest, reticent, and most of all, grateful.

Hell, I'VE posted in it off and on over the past year or two, there's nothing you'd do that's any more obnoxious than my posts!

lock and load
04-23-2014, 12:36 AM
that's because he is a perv himself.

Anybody here know what this idiot is talking about?:

Response to Atman (Original post)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 09:04 PM

msanthrope (23,402 posts)

51. I want to take a personal moment and thank every single DUer on this thread.....

Given the utterly disgusting trollery I and my disabled daughter were subject to, by a troll who followed me to many websites....and who tried to do many, disgusting things...I thank you.

Response to steve2470 (Reply #61)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 10:35 PM

msanthrope (23,402 posts)

69. One CC stalker chased me to many sites...offering my ex-boyfriend the BJ of his life

if he would spill the beans about me.

He spilled. She didn't get tbe beans.

Who???? WHAT???

Chris
04-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Anybody here know what this idiot is talking about?Sounds like a load of bullshit.

Dori
04-23-2014, 12:54 AM

Oh yes...they're total entertainment. It's better than watching a soap opera.
There are so many trials and tribulations that even a soap writer couldn't dream up.
There is the weird Cinderella story of the Tucson Tart, the Fizzy one that has a hair problem, drinks PBR and eats gut bombs, the lady that feeds raccoons only to get bitten, took rabies shots, had unstoppable nose bleeds then gets an $18,000 hospital bill that her Obamacare won't cover. Life for them is just, well different. A lot of them are on drugs, out of work, on food stamps, trying to get on disability, begging, homeless all while being college educated with student loans up the yang.

Rebel
04-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Lol, if anyone believes msanthrope or Atmans stupid ass, I have a nice beachfront home to sell in Bacon County, Ga. As for the CC/CU cross talk, there's never been any contention between the two since SR and SLW started running it. They have accounts at CC. We're all friends from way back.

Mike220
04-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Adapt, improvise, overcome. Suck it DUmmies. We will always be here, haunting your nightmares and living rent free in your heads.

txradioguy
04-23-2014, 01:11 AM
As for Texas Toast (aka Atman).... still waiting for you to come back here.

He's probably afraid I'm gonna ban him again. :cool:

txradioguy
04-23-2014, 01:18 AM
All that talk of goats... I bet Atman is a fan of the Soapy Sandusky.

Texas Toast is upset he wasn't picked to join him in the showers

txradioguy
04-23-2014, 01:29 AM
Ok I talked to a guy in the G6 shop that I trust and posed the question "Who would be able to pull off a 15 Gb/sec DDOS attack on a server?"

Here was his reply:

Someone with an ability to connect to the server. If it faces the the internet, then anyone that can send data to port 80. If not on the net then someone in house on the network would have to. Or a bot on a machine in either of those locations. For that amount of data throughput though, it is proably bots on multiple computers. Called a Zombie attack.

Not sure if that helps any but that's what I was able to find out.

Karin
04-23-2014, 08:05 AM
he's always considered himself one of the "beautiful people," he's so vain, with so little reason to be so.

You have got to be kidding me. As ugly as they all are over there, he's one of the worst. A ferret face with the complexion of pitted bread dough. I am grateful to never have seen him in a bathtub.

Big Dog, so glad you made it!

Freeper
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM

It's a drag of a day when one doesn't see any familiar faces.

I've seen lots here, but there's still lots missing.

I'm not so concerned about past and present members of conservativeunderground--they'll find their way here--but more concerned about members of conservativecave who might not even know that conservativeunderground exists.

conservativeunderground's been publicized on conservativecave in the past, but when the latter's back up, perhaps we should constantly inform new members that this site exists and encourage them to register and post here too.

Me, I'm still having problems though.

It's like visiting a place you used to live in, you see many familiar things, and lots of new things.

Big Dog
04-23-2014, 08:12 AM
Big Dog, so glad you made it!

Thanks!

njpines
04-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Glad to see you!

Needed to hook back up with my homies!! :friendly_wink:

njpines
04-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for leaving the key under the mat, SLW. :-)

Hi, you!! :adoration:

franksolich
04-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Who???? WHAT???

Oh, that.

It has to do with a member of conservativecave who encountered MsPiggy on another, ostensibly non-political, message board.

MsPiggy made violent threats against the individual, and the individual did exactly what any smart person would do when threatened--checked out MsPiggy.

The same thing franksolich did with Fat Che, poor stupid Beth, and the sensitive piano-playing lad "goodboy" nine years ago during the Scamdal (Bill didn't need checked out; everybody already knew all about Bill).

If one's been threatened, one has every right in the world to obtain information about the threatener.

So in the manner of a bully, MsPiggy tries to make herself appear the "victim."

It's bull.

njpines
04-23-2014, 09:12 AM
It's like that old Joni Mitchell song

"Don't it always seem to go,
that you don't know what you've got til it's gone"

Does anyone know how to reach Gina?

txradioguy
04-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Yup feels just like a movie with everyone coming back here like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Big_chill_ver1.jpg

Rebel
04-23-2014, 09:20 AM

She's on the FB page

DumbAss Tanker
04-23-2014, 09:24 AM

I believe she posted in the Welcome Center here yesterday.

Skul
04-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Texacon let me know that CU was letting us work with them till we're back up at CC.

franksolich
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Texacon let me know that CU was letting us work with them till we're back up at CC.

Yeah. I had to use Texacon's and my super-secret channel of communication to get a hold of him, and told him you needed told. Pronto.

I see from the list of members on line the past 24 hours, that most for whom I was looking showed up. It's all good.

But hey, even after conservativecave's back up, the hope is that members from there still keep coming back here, too. I plan to show up every day hereafter, although I remain a little uneasy about being too loud and raucous.

franksolich
04-23-2014, 09:46 AM
By the way, while looking for familiar faces here, I remembered megimoo.

Whatever became of megimoo? If it's controversial, don't anybody bother answering; I don't mean to step on toes.

<<<always thought megimoo was good, although a little, uh, peculiar.

For those who don't know, megimoo used to write his posts, "spell-check" them on conservativecave.....and then post them here on conservativeunderground.

I dunno what was up with that.

I was hoping to see John C. Calhoun here too, but alas no John. John was great.

SarasotaRepub
04-23-2014, 09:47 AM
A notice:

To show in the Community/Member List you have to have at least 10 posts...

BlueStateSaint
04-23-2014, 10:06 AM
I emailed Schadenfreude, and asked her to let BEG know . . .

IassaFTots
04-23-2014, 10:13 AM

She is here!

IassaFTots
04-23-2014, 10:17 AM

My bad Skul. I was supposed to text you yesterday....got busy killing ants that were trying to invade MY perimeter!

IassaFTots
04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Yup feels just like a movie with everyone coming back here like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Big_chill_ver1.jpg

LOVE that movie, just saw it again a few weeks ago.

lastparker
04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
that's because he is a perv himself.

Who???? WHAT???

That would be me. As frank explained upthread, I encountered this bitter woman on a non-political message board. She would frequently jump in discussions and make them political, spewing her DUmp-style vitriol all over any poster who seemed the least bit conservative. She sucked up to the admins and conned them into creating a political sub-forum where she really went to town. Her favorite use of that forum was to post links to her screeds on DU, thereby showcasing her imagined brilliance in multiple places. She eventually caused so much hate and discontent among members who previously all got along very well, that many of us bailed. My mistake was, upon deciding to leave the site for good, giving my login and password to another disgruntled member. It was shared among several people and used to private message this idiot. I don't know what transpired, but she figured out my email address and sent me some threatening email.

I really, really really wish I'd kept in touch with those who messaged her as me, because this ex-boyfriend blow job business has me as confused as everyone else here.

At any rate, she's crediting me with way more torment than I ever dreamed of inflicting upon her. Which is sort of awesome. DUmmy misery makes me smile, no matter how it comes about.

Side note: my googling her username on DU is what led me to THIS fine place, many years ago, so HAPPY ENDINGS. And not the kind she's referring to. She really is a pig - frank has nicknamed her well.

lastparker
04-23-2014, 10:23 AM

Certainly not! :friendly_wink:

Skul
04-23-2014, 10:42 AM
My bad Skul. I was supposed to text you yesterday....got busy killing ants that were trying to invade MY perimeter!
You owe me a beer.
Did KC tell you I have a new lens?

IassaFTots
04-23-2014, 11:07 AM
You owe me a beer.
Did KC tell you I have a new lens?

Fair enough. :toast: And he may have told Biersmythe, but not me.

Skul
04-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Fair enough. :toast: And he may have told Biersmythe, but not me.
Nothing special.
Hitting the Spring Nationals at Baytown this weekend.
Picture time.

thundley4
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
A notice:

To show in the Community/Member List you have to have at least 10 posts...

Does that mean I need to spam for awhile? :smile-new:

MoshMasterD
04-23-2014, 01:06 PM

Always have CU on back up

MoshMasterD
04-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Here is a tidbit from a thread I just posted on the Best/Worst......

KharmaTrain (31,700 posts)
98. Looks Like They Lost Their Sandbox...

Found this interesting tidbit:

I have posted here from time to time and am also an administrator for Conservative underground.
Yesterday Conservative Cave was brought down by a denial of service attack, we were mobbed as well but they didn't bring us down, last a Friday Glenn Becks Blaze was also down due to high volume traffic for a short time.
Watch your activity logs and be aware this is happening so you can act if necessary.

http://conservativepoliticalforum.com/political-discussion-and-debate/heads-up-fr-conservative-forums/

Could be a while for those primitives to find a new cesspool...

wasp69
04-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi, you!! :adoration:

Hey, rotten! What did you guys do with all of the leaves on the trees up here? I left deep in the heart of the Redneck Riviera and everything was all abloom. Got here and it's still all sticks!

RobJohnson
04-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Does that mean I need to spam for awhile? :smile-new:

There is a post whore thread in the lounge. :cool:

njpines
04-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Hey, rotten! What did you guys do with all of the leaves on the trees up here? I left deep in the heart of the Redneck Riviera and everything was all abloom. Got here and it's still all sticks!

Hasn't been all that warm yet -- it's getting there though. Fruit trees are blooming now.

wasp69
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Hasn't been all that warm yet -- it's getting there though. Fruit trees are blooming now.

Ha! Don't I know it! The petals are stuck all over the rental...

njpines
04-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Ha! Don't I know it! The petals are stuck all over the rental...

I'm sure you look just lovely driving around in it!! :biggrin-new:

Bad Dog
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Bad Dog finally got past the SPAM filter. Nice to see most everybody is here. I guess I'll finally have to spring for some cash to help pay for the new server.

Carl
04-23-2014, 07:28 PM
I thought I had Blue State Saints email but could not find it so if anyone does to let him know.

DumbAss Tanker
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
I thought I had Blue State Saints email but could not find it so if anyone does to let him know.

He showed up yesterday or so, he's in.

wasp69
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm sure you look just lovely driving around in it!! :biggrin-new:

Like a new bride. :)

RWKindaguy
04-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Just made it in. What's up with CC?

SarasotaRepub
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM

It's a long thread...:biggrin-new:

lock and load
04-23-2014, 09:00 PM
That would be me. As frank explained upthread, I encountered this bitter woman on a non-political message board. She would frequently jump in discussions and make them political, spewing her DUmp-style vitriol all over any poster who seemed the least bit conservative. She sucked up to the admins and conned them into creating a political sub-forum where she really went to town. Her favorite use of that forum was to post links to her screeds on DU, thereby showcasing her imagined brilliance in multiple places. She eventually caused so much hate and discontent among members who previously all got along very well, that many of us bailed. My mistake was, upon deciding to leave the site for good, giving my login and password to another disgruntled member. It was shared among several people and used to private message this idiot. I don't know what transpired, but she figured out my email address and sent me some threatening email.

I really, really really wish I'd kept in touch with those who messaged her as me, because this ex-boyfriend blow job business has me as confused as everyone else here.

At any rate, she's crediting me with way more torment than I ever dreamed of inflicting upon her. Which is sort of awesome. DUmmy misery makes me smile, no matter how it comes about.

Side note: my googling her username on DU is what led me to THIS fine place, many years ago, so HAPPY ENDINGS. And not the kind she's referring to. She really is a pig - frank has nicknamed her well.

Thanks for the explainations, franksolich and you - can anybody here PM me a pic of her?

Dori
04-23-2014, 09:13 PM

A major DDoS attack.

I think if you go back to the first couple of pages in this thread it was explained.

RWKindaguy
04-23-2014, 09:18 PM

&c., &c., &c.

You tell 'em Frank. We'll be back with a vengeance like they've never seen. I almost feel sorry for them ... almost.

RWKindaguy
04-23-2014, 09:28 PM
It's a long thread...:biggrin-new:

Yep, just got to here from the beginning. The DDos attack was a major attempt.

RWKindaguy
04-23-2014, 09:30 PM
A major DDoS attack.

I think if you go back to the first couple of pages in this thread it was explained.

Thanks. I did just that. Clearly a focused attack by folks that knew what they were doing. Even so, CC will be back and in their face soon enough.

SaintLouieWoman
04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah. I had to use Texacon's and my super-secret channel of communication to get a hold of him, and told him you needed told. Pronto.

I see from the list of members on line the past 24 hours, that most for whom I was looking showed up. It's all good.

But hey, even after conservativecave's back up, the hope is that members from there still keep coming back here, too. I plan to show up every day hereafter, although I remain a little uneasy about being too loud and raucous.

Frank, no fear about being too loud and raucous. It's just nice to have everyone back for a visit or a stay. We need to unite to triumph against the forces of evil--the Obama robots. :biggrin-new:

SaintLouieWoman
04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Lol, if anyone believes msanthrope or Atmans stupid ass, I have a nice beachfront home to sell in Bacon County, Ga. As for the CC/CU cross talk, there's never been any contention between the two since SR and SLW started running it. They have accounts at CC. We're all friends from way back.

Thanks, Reb, you're exactly right. I enjoy visiting the Cave and seeing old friends and no contention between the two boards. We didn't agree with the initial admin, never could quite figure him out.

What bothers me is all the darned libtards that we're running into in Sarasota. It used to be a conservative place. No more. The ones we meet here are just nasty, can't begin to even try to understand an opposite viewpoint and have an arrogant attitude. In that respect, confess every day I'm beginning to understand those remarks from Gator about the "damned Yankees". Sometimes it's just hard to contend with all the libs fleeing the taxes from the NE, but then recreating their own little version of hell here.

I like my old red state, Missouri, where people are a lot more down to earth. There are nice, friendly people here, but way too many in your face libs.

micmac
04-23-2014, 10:37 PM
I'm a reader more than a poster but happy to see the gangs all here!

thundley4
04-23-2014, 10:37 PM
I like my old red state, Missouri, where people are a lot more down to earth. There are nice, friendly people here, but way too many in your face libs.

I see that Missouri republicans are thinking of trying to impeach Jay Nixon.

SaintLouieWoman
04-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I see that Missouri republicans are thinking of trying to impeach Jay Nixon.
I hope they get him. He's a real piece of work. :rolleyes:

tucker13
04-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Why are the DUmmies fixated with goats?

DumbAss Tanker
04-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Why are the DUmmies fixated with goats?

It's a purely sexual thing. Normal people like us wouldn't understand.

zeitgeist
04-24-2014, 02:21 PM
It's a purely sexual thing. Normal people like us wouldn't understand.

Years ago a recently divorced friend gave me a clue when he mentioned the fact that his ex hippie bride was enthralled with the process of milking her goats. It was sort of an 'ah ha' moment.

tucker13
04-24-2014, 02:26 PM
They falsely think that they are creating a google bomb like we did to Steve Dawes and Doug Bulna at Gearhart Chevrolet. It won't work. How many people besides the DUmmies google goat f******?

Chris
04-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Years ago a recently divorced friend gave me a clue when he mentioned the fact that his ex hippie bride was enthralled with the process of milking her goats. It was sort of an 'ah ha' moment.Do the goats roll over and go to sleep after?

njpines
04-24-2014, 02:30 PM
C'mere and let me give you a hug... ;)

Awww!!!! I missed this reply . . .:friendly_wink:

Dori
04-24-2014, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Vesta will show up.

franksolich
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM

:nono:

njpines
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM

:biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

ralph wiggum
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM

Please no!!! No offense, but she reminds me of "old" regulars like Megimoo & John C. Calhoun.

txradioguy
04-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Please no!!! No offense, but she reminds me of "old" regulars like Megimoo & John C. Calhoun.

I think Vesta and noonwitch would get along swimmingly.

:D

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Eupher
04-24-2014, 04:11 PM

I wouldn't curse Noonie with vesta. Noonie is coherent; vesta is anything but.

lastparker
04-24-2014, 04:11 PM

I think of Vesta every time I read a post by nadin.

SarasotaRepub
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM

Oh come on, JCC was greyt!!! :biggrin-new:

Skul
04-24-2014, 06:41 PM
It seems CU has their own version. Ours is quite harmless, and enjoyable at times.
CU's version is a whinny little scrunt.

Dori
04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I think of Vesta every time I read a post by nadin.

gNads makes me angry, Vesta doesn't. I think some of her posts are a hoot.

But she does kinda go off track sometimes like the cousin does.

Battlehymn
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
gNads makes me angry, Vesta doesn't. I think some of her posts are a hoot.

But she does kinda go off track sometimes like the cousin does.

Dori, if you're missing vesta, you should check out this little blurb by Mark Twain. It's very... vesta-ish:

http://www.pbs.org/marktwain/learnmore/writings_story.html

I accused vesta of being this guy once, and she said she'd have to keep an eye on me.

dandi
04-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Hey guys. Good to be back at the old stompin' grounds. Thanks for hosting us.

JohnnyJeb
04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I got tired of waiting and just lurking so here I am......which way to the swimming pool?

franksolich
04-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I got tired of waiting and just lurking so here I am......which way to the swimming pool?

I've been through Hades and high water looking for you, John, sir.

How come you took so long?

JohnnyJeb
04-24-2014, 08:17 PM
I've been through Hades and high water looking for you, John, sir.

How come you took so long?I thought the bats would be driven out of the cave in a couple of days but sadly, they weren't.....and I am world famous for procrastinating....I hope I spelled that big word correctly.

diesel driver
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey guys!

Where's the BBQ?

wasp69
04-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Awww!!!! I missed this reply . . .:friendly_wink:

Tee hee...

RedGrouse
04-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi all. I am Ptarmy, the Bunny Truth Teller and Humanity Saver. I hear CC got denial of service attack. I wonder if there were any plans of it.

I hope it is not the Bunny Lobby that is behind it as I have been exposing rabbits for what they are.

Chris
04-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi all. I am Ptarmy, the Bunny Truth Teller and Humanity Saver. I hear CC got denial of service attack. I wonder if there were any plans of it. Our worthless, shitbrick hosting company hasn't even shipped the server yet. I wonder if they've even unracked it. We don't know anything at this point.

Bunnies rool, birdies drool.

RedGrouse
04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Our worthless, shitbrick hosting company hasn't even shipped the server yet. I wonder if they've even unracked it. We don't know anything at this point.

Bunnies rool, birdies drool.

From what I have read on this topic, it is really big one. Also, other sites were hit as well.

Bunnies = Filthy Sodomite Damned Verministic Hell Worthy Beast
Ptarmigans = God's Chosen One

Chris
04-24-2014, 09:50 PM
From what I have read on this topic, it is really big one. Also, other sites were hit as well.I heard TypePad was hit as well.

RedGrouse
04-24-2014, 09:54 PM
I heard TypePad was hit as well.

That is one massive denial of service attack.

SAY Media-Owned Blogging Platform Typepad Enters Day 5 Of On-And-Off DDoS Attacks
http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/21/say-media-owned-blogging-platform-typepad-enters-day-5-of-on-and-off-ddos-attacks/

You can now add Typepad, the blogging service owned by SAY Media, to the growing list of technology companies that have undergone DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, which crash websites and other online services for what are now days a time. In Typepad’s case, the company is entering its fifth day under attack, after a series of on and off again hits began on Thursday night, just ahead of the long Easter holiday weekend.

The attack appears to be similar in nature to those which have hit several other high-profile tech companies in recent weeks, including Meetup, Basecamp, Vimeo, Bit.ly and others. Though Typepad has not yet publicly shared much information about its attackers, the typical scenario involves an attacker knocking the victim’s site offline using a flood of traffic, then refusing to stop the barrage until the victim company pays a small amount of “ransom.” The initial amount is usually fairly insignificant, but once the victim agrees, it tends to go up, as they’ve now confirmed themselves as an easy mark.

Battlehymn
04-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Hey, Ptarmigan... err... RedGrouse! I was wondering when you'd show up with your theory on Bunny conspiracy. http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/bonjour/BJR043.gif

Skul
04-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi all. I am Ptarmy, the Bunny Truth Teller and Humanity Saver. I hear CC got denial of service attack. I wonder if there were any plans of it.

I hope it is not the Bunny Lobby that is behind it as I have been exposing rabbits for what they are.
Bunnies rule, snow chickens drool.

RedGrouse
04-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey, Ptarmigan... err... RedGrouse! I was wondering when you'd show up with your theory on Bunny conspiracy. http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/bonjour/BJR043.gif

Good to see you too. Bunnies are evil. They control everything. They doom humans and ptarmigans.

RedGrouse
04-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Bunnies rule, snow chickens drool.

Bunnies are sodomite damned beasts. Ptarmigans are cute.

Battlehymn
04-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Bunnies are sodomite damned beasts. Ptarmigans are cute.

I almost died from rabbit fever, but I survived, in spite of the rabbit's best efforts to take me out. Ptarmigan is right.

Skul
04-24-2014, 11:38 PM
I almost died from rabbit fever, but I survived, in spite of the rabbit's best efforts to take me out. Ptarmigan is right.
The Bun, is not called "Thumper", for an unknown reason. Tread lightly my friend.

MstrBlue
04-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Good to see you too. Bunnies are evil. They control everything. They doom humans and ptarmigans.

Bunnies do not control everything... the lab rats do!!
I am seriously waiting for the FDA to announce that cancer is hereditary in lab rats!
Then they can start their worthless product investigations all over again! :evil-grin:

It is a plot, I tell ya!!!

BB

dutch508
04-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Is there any way to trace where these DOS attacks are coming from?

Oh, yes. Yes there is.

:livid:

longview
04-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Finally found my way over here. Thanks for the help. I don't understand the technical reasons, and am glad others do!

lastparker
04-25-2014, 09:25 AM

Hmm... you may be onto something:

In Typepad’s case, the company is entering its fifth day under attack, after a series of on and off again hits began on Thursday night, just ahead of the long Easter holiday weekend.

The timing is certainly suspicious.

JohnnyJeb
04-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm....now who would want to crash a nice place like conservative cave.....the Chinese, the Russians, the Mooselimbs, the progressives, the liberals, the socialists, the communists, the democrats........I KNOW, IT WAS MOOCHELLE! Y'all didn't eat your greens.

BlueStateSaint
04-25-2014, 01:25 PM

False flag, or 'feather,' by the ptarmigans . . . :OhNoes:

JasonW560
04-25-2014, 01:51 PM

Ptarmy, I must let you know that we had a new 9th grade academy built here. They wanted a bird mascot for it, and since my wife works for the district, I suggested to her the Ptarmigans.

Sadly, that lost out to the Ravens.

RedGrouse
04-25-2014, 10:15 PM

Start of rabbits waging war against humans.

RedGrouse
04-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Ptarmy, I must let you know that we had a new 9th grade academy built here. They wanted a bird mascot for it, and since my wife works for the district, I suggested to her the Ptarmigans.

Sadly, that lost out to the Ravens.

Plot by bunnies. :livid:

RobJohnson
04-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Oh, yes. Yes there is.

:livid:

Hi dutch!

You are owed a BS for showing up late.

diesel driver
04-26-2014, 04:26 AM
Nothing special.
Hitting the Spring Nationals at Baytown this weekend.
Picture time.

OOOOHHH, I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!

Say hello to Matt Hagan for me, my step-son works for his dad at Shelor's.

Anyway, I'll be seeing him and the rest of the DSR crew at Thunder Valley in a few weeks, step-son hooks us up with hospitality creds and tix, his little Father's Day gift to me and his mom. Wife got a pic with the Don himself last year, and we got Jack Beckman's dad's (Bob) autograph!

To my other CC refugees:

THE DIESEL IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!! :livid:

dutch508
04-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Hi dutch!

You are owed a BS for showing up late.

I was out of the net til the other day. Didn't even realize that CC was down. Then I thought it was just maint.

txradioguy
04-26-2014, 08:47 AM
I was out of the net til the other day. Didn't even realize that CC was down. Then I thought it was just maint.

BS for making excuses. :p

longview
04-26-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm back back now.

I'm suspicious of the whole bunny-bird wars, given the timing.

And as long as it took me to get over here, you'd think I'd rode a tortoise.

franksolich
04-26-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm back back now. And as long as it took me to get over here, you'd think I'd rode a tortoise.

But you did make it.

<<<heaves a giant sigh of relief.

Karin
04-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Did Dutch really think he could avoid the BS with that flimsy excuse?

diesel driver
04-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Did Dutch really think he could avoid the BS with that flimsy excuse?

He ought to know, he's the most responsible person at the Cave.

When something F's up, he's responsible... :biggrin-new:

BEG
04-27-2014, 06:02 PM
You all can have my pie...

Dori
04-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Hey Beg....how's Traves doing?

BEG
04-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Hey Beg....how's Traves doing?

I'm sitting right next to her. Let me ask her.

She is in a lot of pain still. I had to washed her bedding today and make her bed because she bled all over it from her elbow. I took her out today for lunch and to pick up a prescription. First time she has been out since her surgery.

SarasotaRepub
04-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi to both of you! SLW says hi also!!!

thundley4
04-27-2014, 07:32 PM

Wow, can't believe no one took the easy lay-up.

Chris
04-27-2014, 07:36 PM

Oh my.

Eupher
04-27-2014, 07:59 PM

She is in a lot of pain still. I had to washed her bedding today and make her bed because she bled all over it from her elbow. I took her out today for lunch and to pick up a prescription. First time she has been out since her surgery.

Blessings to you both.

I ain't touching the pie comment.

SaintLouieWoman
04-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi, BEG, and say hi to Trav for us. Hope she feels better soon.

Is your daughter still here in Sarasota? We went to the Ringling Museum the other day with some friends from Mote Marine.

BEG
04-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi, BEG, and say hi to Trav for us. Hope she feels better soon.

Is your daughter still here in Sarasota? We went to the Ringling Museum the other day with some friends from Mote Marine.

I'll tell Emily. She is sill going through a rough patch.

No, Lauren in back home and switching schools to LCAD in Laguna Beach, CA this fall. Would love to see the both of you two sometime!

SaintLouieWoman
04-28-2014, 06:27 PM
I'll tell Emily. She is sill going through a rough patch.

No, Lauren in back home and switching schools to LCAD in Laguna Beach, CA this fall. Would love to see the both of you two sometime!

What college is LCAD, not familiar with it. Is she still majoring in art? Good hearing from you.

Wineslob2
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Hiyas, same "wineslob" from back in the day.

franksolich
04-30-2014, 10:13 PM

Hey, you were missed!

We all gotta get better coordinated for downages.

thundley4
04-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Hey, you were missed!

We all gotta get better coordinated for downages.

Being on Facebook helped a lot of us. *cough, cough*

SaintLouieWoman
04-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi, welcome back, good to see you.

Karin
05-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Has anyone heard from Mr. Mannn?

franksolich
05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Has anyone heard from Mr. Mannn?

Or Reality vs DU? Or Gern? Or Collectivism Must Die? Or NHSparky? Or BannedFromDU? Or jtyangel? Or toastedtideturninglegs?

Or.....well, you get the idea.

And what about vesta dear?

Wineslob2
05-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi, welcome back, good to see you.

:toast:

GOBUCKS
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
And what about vesta dear?
Oh god, no.

SarasotaRepub
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Oh god, no.

Vesta is here, she just has not posted.

SarasotaRepub
05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Gern is here also, just hasn't posted in a while.

IassaFTots
05-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Sparky, JTy, and TTL all know we are over here. I believe all have big things going on in real life right now.

ralph wiggum
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Sparky, JTy, and TTL all know we are over here. I believe all have big things going on in real life right now.

Very true. All three are longtime "veterans" of this site. Wish them nothing but the best.

RobJohnson
05-02-2014, 03:47 AM

I'm glad you signed up. All of the newly signed up members should be using my name as the person that referred you. I need the numbers. :biggrin-new:

SR, Rock, SLW, that should make about 29 referrals for me so far........

RobJohnson
05-02-2014, 03:49 AM

She is truly Blessed to have you as a friend.

SarasotaRepub
05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Let's watch the use of copyrighted material everyone.

While it's covered in our TOS, item 13, CU doesn't need getting
nasty letters from lawyers, K??

This is being brought up again because of Atman's pics which I
have removed from CU.

Thanks all!!! :smile-new:

franksolich
05-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I suppose I should say something.

Even though I don't like certain of the rules here, all of us from conservativecave need to keep in mind we're guests here, and need to respect the rules. We're not primitives, after all.

Once conservativecave is up and running again, members can feel free to get noisy and raucous about the primitives anew. It's a bother, it's a nuisance, having to be restrained, but it's not like it's forever.

My understanding--which might, or might not, be correct--of the delay with getting conservativecave back up again, under a more secure server or host or whatever it's called is that it's based upon two reasons.

Number one, all those involved with the mechanics of the endeavor are working people, and working people who work a lot more than just forty hours a week. It's difficult to get coordinated, most especially because unlike Skins's island, conservativecave is a purely voluntary enterprise; nobody makes any money off of it, nobody's paid to "service" or run it.

Number two, the "box" or whatever it is--that thing that's physically kept with the server or host (I have no idea if the terminology I'm using is the right one)--has aged and hence deteriorated. Its condition has been of some concern for a while, and I guess these things aren't cheap.

It's taking time dealing with these issues, but they're getting resolved.

But for the meantime, we've been served well by conservativeunderground, and so it's just good manners, good taste, good breeding, to observe their rules, not ours.

Rockntractor
05-05-2014, 11:29 PM
I suppose I should say something.

Even though I don't like certain of the rules here, all of us from conservativecave need to keep in mind we're guests here, and need to respect the rules. We're not primitives, after all.

Once conservativecave is up and running again, members can feel free to get noisy and raucous about the primitives anew. It's a bother, it's a nuisance, having to be restrained, but it's not like it's forever.

My understanding--which might, or might not, be correct--of the delay with getting conservativecave back up again, under a more secure server or host or whatever it's called is that it's based upon two reasons.

Number one, all those involved with the mechanics of the endeavor are working people, and working people who work a lot more than just forty hours a week. It's difficult to get coordinated, most especially because unlike Skins's island, conservativecave is a purely voluntary enterprise; nobody makes any money off of it, nobody's paid to "service" or run it.

Number two, the "box" or whatever it is--that thing that's physically kept with the server or host (I have no idea if the terminology I'm using is the right one)--has aged and hence deteriorated. Its condition has been of some concern for a while, and I guess these things aren't cheap.

It's taking time dealing with these issues, but they're getting resolved.

But for the meantime, we've been served well by conservativeunderground, and so it's just good manners, good taste, good breeding, to observe their rules, not ours.
You know when you get your cavern rebuilt you still have to come around here, you can't make yourselves strangers.
There really hasn't been any problem here, your the best behaved bunch of people I have run across, we just have a handful of things we do different.
you can always link to pics and stuff like that, no big deal. They have threatened us a time or too.

Skul
05-06-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm sure quite a few of us will continue to visit CU, Rockn.
You guys just prefer to clean up, put on a suit and then slap a DUmmie.
We just don't have any second thoughts about sneaking up on one and crotch punching it with a hammer.
It's all good either way. :smile-new:

SarasotaRepub
05-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Both are good!!! :biggrin-new:

Apocalypse
05-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Personally I would like to see the two sites merge into one. It's a heck of a lot more fun with every one here together. And the rules here can't be that constraining. The rule on copy righted stuff is more to keep the DUmmies from getting a thought and suing us to shut us down. Thats all. If there are other rules you don't like I'm sure we can work them out.

As for old post from the cave, I can get many of them easy.
http://web.archive.org/web/20140209110328/http://www.conservativecave.com/

franksolich
05-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Personally I would like to see the two sites merge into one. It's a heck of a lot more fun with every one here together. And the rules here can't be that constraining. The rule on copy righted stuff is more to keep the DUmmies from getting a thought and suing us to shut us down. Thats all. If there are other rules you don't like I'm sure we can work them out.

The problem is, there's many for whom conservativeunderground is the perfect "fit," and others for whom conservativecave is the perfect "fit," and some of us for whom both work.

It's a matter of temperament and tastes.

There's some on conservativecave who aren't exactly thrilled that the DUmpster so overwhelmingly dominates the site--to their credit, these are people who have to deal with primitives in real life, and so they don't want to bother with it on the internet--perfectly understandable, and this heart goes out to those carrying that particular burden; it surely must be onerous, and I'm glad I don't have to carry it.

It has to be Hell, being grasswire Judy's neighbor or Skippy's co-worker.

And there might, or might not, be members of conservativeunderground--I really don't know--who'd like to slap the primitives around harder, wallop them.

I'm personally making a lot of lemonade out of this lemon of a malicious but temporary shutdown, and a few glasses of that, is that by temporarily mixing us all together on one site, perhaps members might find one or the other a perfect "fit," or decide they like where they're already at.

But in the end, I think it's a wise choice for members of conservativecave to be members here too, and I'm going to recommend that in the "Rules" of conservativecave when it's up again.....and also give this site frequent mention in posts.

The goal being getting decent and civilized people on both sites, and they'll hang around the one that suits their temperament the best. I suspect that in the end both sites will have increased activity, and that there'll be more interaction between members.

- - - - - - - - - -

There's a couple of rules here I don't much care for, but this isn't my real-estate. SarasotaRepub is the boss, what he says goes, and he has no obligation to explain "why."

longview
05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
There is bound to be a few bumps when you have long-term guests. :smile-new:

RedGrouse
05-07-2014, 11:04 PM
The problem is, there's many for whom conservativeunderground is the perfect "fit," and others for whom conservativecave is the perfect "fit," and some of us for whom both work.

It's a matter of temperament and tastes.

There's some on conservativecave who aren't exactly thrilled that the DUmpster so overwhelmingly dominates the site--to their credit, these are people who have to deal with primitives in real life, and so they don't want to bother with it on the internet--perfectly understandable, and this heart goes out to those carrying that particular burden; it surely must be onerous, and I'm glad I don't have to carry it.

It has to be Hell, being grasswire Judy's neighbor or Skippy's co-worker.

And there might, or might not, be members of conservativeunderground--I really don't know--who'd like to slap the primitives around harder, wallop them.

I'm personally making a lot of lemonade out of this lemon of a malicious but temporary shutdown, and a few glasses of that, is that by temporarily mixing us all together on one site, perhaps members might find one or the other a perfect "fit," or decide they like where they're already at.

But in the end, I think it's a wise choice for members of conservativecave to be members here too, and I'm going to recommend that in the "Rules" of conservativecave when it's up again.....and also give this site frequent mention in posts.

The goal being getting decent and civilized people on both sites, and they'll hang around the one that suits their temperament the best. I suspect that in the end both sites will have increased activity, and that there'll be more interaction between members.

- - - - - - - - - -

There's a couple of rules here I don't much care for, but this isn't my real-estate. SarasotaRepub is the boss, what he says goes, and he has no obligation to explain "why."

When is Conservative Cave coming back?

Chris
05-07-2014, 11:07 PM
When is Conservative Cave coming back?Miskie is working on transferring the database and forum software to a new server. I'd say at least another week.

Rockntractor
05-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Miskie is working on transferring the database and forum software to a new server. I'd say at least another week.

You need some sort of a new skin theme hmm perhaps something with a nice rabbit theme.

franksolich
05-08-2014, 03:09 AM
You need some sort of a new skin theme hmm perhaps something with a nice rabbit theme.

Actually, that pastel grey and blue skin on conservativecave is good, really good.

That's the one bitch--the one and only complaint--I have about conservativeunderground.

When one first comes here, black and bright red blare at one, shattering the eyeballs.

It's not a good introduction, and those times I've lurked here, generally I just read one or two comments and then went away. That black and bright red are a real trial for the eyeballs, and it needs pointed out I have, allegedly, "excellent" eyes. (Professional opinions.)

It's just not good, black and bright red.

Unless SarasotaRepub has an ulterior motive of ruining lurking primitives' eyes, in which case it's okay, I withdraw my objection.

Now, when one logs in, one gets the colors of one's choice. But when one first comes here and is confronted with that.....

Rockntractor
05-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Actually, that pastel grey and blue skin on conservativecave is good, really good.

That's the one bitch--the one and only complaint--I have about conservativeunderground.

When one first comes here, black and bright red blare at one, shattering the eyeballs.

It's not a good introduction, and those times I've lurked here, generally I just read one or two comments and then went away. That black and bright red are a real trial for the eyeballs, and it needs pointed out I have, allegedly, "excellent" eyes. (Professional opinions.)

It's just not good, black and bright red.

Unless SarasotaRepub has an ulterior motive of ruining lurking primitives' eyes, in which case it's okay, I withdraw my objection.

Now, when one logs in, one gets the colors of one's choice. But when one first comes here and is confronted with that.....
You need to use the pank one.