PDA

View Full Version : Tell me again why sterling's words said in private caused him so much trouble?

Dlr Pyro
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
A private citizen says something in a private conversation in the privacy of his home and that conversation is released to the public without his consent and the left is ready to destroy the man in any way they can.

Contrast that to what charlie rangel, a member of the U.S. Congress made a public speech on the floor of the House last Monday where he castigated a large number of U.S, Citizens who happen to identify with the TEA Party.

During the Congressional Black Caucus’ special order hour on the House floor Monday night, Rep. Charles B. Rangel hammered the tea party not only for embracing the Confederate flag, but also for hating President Barack Obama “as much as their [Dixiecrat] predecessors probably hated Abe Lincoln.”

“[In] some parts of the United States of America they don’t believe that the Union won. The reason I come to that conclusion is that … I have never seen so many Confederate flags that represent groups that are proud of the fact that they call themselves the Tea Party,” the New York Democrat said during his 10-minute floor speech, referring to an event he attended with President Ulysses S. Grant’s great-great-grandson. “They’re from that part of the country that the states owned slaves.”

Rangel, the second most senior member of the Congressional Black Caucus, has pushed the White House to do more to combat poverty and inequality. The Senate recently passed an extension of unemployment benefits and there are new signs the House may take up legislation on an immigration overhaul.
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/04/30/democrat-charlie-rangel-said-what-about-the-tea-party/

As a side note, Does the Congressional black caucus embrace all the bullshit buzzwords that nba commissioner silver used yesterday to describe the nba? Words like inclusive, embracing diversity, multi-racial and multi-ethnicity?

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
There's a double standard. Anything you say about white people, even under the color of authority, is ok. Anything you say about black people, even in private, is not, and your own rights don't matter, even if you were taped without your consent. (Funny how the Dems don't care about the "right to privacy", even though that was what they used to support Roe V. Wade. It's only private if it involves your genitalia, not your opinions.)

Meanwhile, Barry chimes in, right on cue:

Obama: NBA Did “The Right Thing” By Banning Sterling For Life…
http://weaselzippers.us/184554-obama-nba-did-the-right-thing-by-banning-sterling-for-life/

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Bill Maher agrees with you:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/29/bill-maher-chris-hayes-question-the-donald-sterling-saga-and-other-outrage-brushfires/

MSNBC host Chris Hayes and HBO comedian Bill Maher questioned whether “outrage brushfires” routinely sweeping the media — as in the case of racist Clippers owner Donald Sterling — are a positive for America, with Maher saying he doesn’t “shy away from the fact that liberals are sometimes obnoxious.”

...“People still have a right to be an ass,” Maher said, “and it is creepy that you get recorded in your own home . . . The creepy part is that, when you get taped in your own house and then that goes out to the world.”

“Again, no one here is defending Don Sterling,” he added, “but that’s what’s creepy to me, is that we can’t even speak in our own house anymore. I don’t even know how that tape gets out there — I dunno why that’s legal — but I’m much more concerned about things like that than I am the NSA, which I’m concerned about too.”

Hayes wondered whether this is one of those situations where “a liberal PC lynch mob” descends on an issue and blows it far it out proportion, playing a recent Maher clip where the comedian excoriates “political-correctness Nazis.”

Maher took pains to explain that his broader point – of course – concerned how Republicans win elections despite not representing anyone Bill Maher deems worthy. But, he explained, he “doesn’t shy away from the fact that liberals are sometimes obnoxious.”

“Yeah, I think that there’s something to this kind of mode of scolding,” Hayes said, “or the fact that we have now — particularly with social media — these kind of outrage brushfires happen more routinely, it seems to me.”

“And there are times when even I, who’s someone who kind of — I don’t know — makes my living chronicling these outrage brushfires,” Hayes continued, “wonders if we do end up — it is striking to me that Donald Sterling’s lawsuit payout on housing discrimination is going to get about 1/1000 of the coverage that we’re going to give to this taped conversation.”

“Absolutely,” Maher agreed. “ESPN seems to have found it’s Malaysian plane,” he cracked, referring to CNN’s obsessive coverage with the missing jetliner at the expense of all other news.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/29/bill-maher-chris-hayes-question-the-donald-sterling-saga-and-other-outrage-brushfires/#ixzz30PGoAP5v

Dlr Pyro
04-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Meanwhile, Barry chimes in, right on cue:

Obama: NBA Did “The Right Thing” By Banning Sterling For Life…

obama acted stupidly with his comments

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 07:13 PM
obama acted stupidly with his comments

Well, it's like Skip Gates and that disastrous beer summit. Gates acted like a jeg-lagged autocrat with a smidgen of cranky toddler; the cop was frustrated and confused and somehow thought the best solution was to cuff Gates and bring him in for questioning; and many clueless black college students blamed the concerned Latina who called 911 when she saw Gate's driver break down the front door of the house where Gates was living: they trying to get her fired from her job for "racism".

So Obama steps in and trashes the cop. Then he has to backtrack when that cop is the anti-racist poster boy. Everyone has a beer at the White House, except the Latina, who has to tearfully explain that she didn't call the police because the man breaking down the door was black.

RedGrouse
04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Recording without consent is illegal in California and in many other states.

Elspeth
05-01-2014, 05:14 AM
Recording without consent is illegal in California and in many other states.

Unless you're the NSA, I guess.

noonwitch
05-01-2014, 10:40 AM
If he had said this publicly, he should have received everything that he got.

I don't like the secret taping thing. I'm not defending his comments-he basically told his biracial girlfriend not to be seen in public with black people, so he didn't want her to be seen in public with half of her family.

It amazes me that this is the same league that didn't ban a player for life after he tried to strangle his coach.