PDA

View Full Version : Family of Dead Armed Robber Speaks Out Against CCP Holder Who Shot Him

NJCardFan
05-04-2014, 01:00 PM
And they call for stricter gun laws

I didn't know whether to put this here or in the 2nd amendment forum but since the rhetoric is beyond stupid I thought it would be better served here.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/family-of-dead-armed-robber-speaks-out-against-ccp-holder-who-shot-him-calls-for-stricter-gun-laws/#

SVPete
05-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Sarcasm: "It was our son's first act of thuggery! You didn't have to shoot him!"

It was probably the first time the guy with the concealed carry permit had to defend himself and people around him from an armed thug. I doubt he celebrated afterwards by going out and having a 32 ounce porterhouse steak dinner!

Here's my sophisticated advice to parents who want to decrease their kids' chances of being shot down as thugs. Teach them that murder, theft, and sexual assault are wrong. And teach them that murderers, thieves, rapists, and such tend to have early sudden unpleasant deaths. My advice is subtle and possibly hard to understand, but the success rate of those who follow it is pretty high.

Bad Dog
05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
And they call for stricter gun laws

I didn't know whether to put this here or in the 2nd amendment forum but since the rhetoric is beyond stupid I thought it would be better served here.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/family-of-dead-armed-robber-speaks-out-against-ccp-holder-who-shot-him-calls-for-stricter-gun-laws/#

Of course the "family" is speaking out. They hope for a payday in this. Armed robber/dead, that's all I need to know. The young man handled himself very well in an extreme circumstance. He was even calm enough to pass up the back shot on the other perp.

FlaGator
05-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Of course the "family" is speaking out. They hope for a payday in this. Armed robber/dead, that's all I need to know. The young man handled himself very well in an extreme circumstance. He was even calm enough to pass up the back shot on the other perp.

What is sad is that if the perp's family decide to pursue civil action and lose it will still cause the shooter a small fortune defending himself.

NJCardFan
05-04-2014, 11:44 PM
What is sad is that if the perp's family decide to pursue civil action and lose it will still cause the shooter a small fortune defending himself.

If he was smart, he would have signed up for USCCA(United States Conceal/Carry Association) (https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/). It's kind of like insurance for this type of thing. They provide legal defense for this kind of thing for a mere pittance($27 per month for their max plan).

JohnnyJeb
05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
It's S.C.. If the CWP holder was tried in court and found innocence or justified in the shooting, then there will be no civil suit.

SVPete
05-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Without contradicting JohnnyJeb, the lower burden of proof in civil court makes it possible for a criminal defendant to win in criminal court and then lose in civil court. A prosecutor must prove "beyond a reasonable doubt". The possibility that a Neptunian hypnotized a defendant is not a "reasonable doubt". Even in California (besides, everyone knows Neptunians are cool ... it's the Uranians you have to watch out for). In civil court the burden of proof is "the preponderance of the evidence". If the damage claimed is more likely to have been caused by the defendant than by all other possible causes combined, that is sufficient for the defendant to lose.

It may be that SC law has special protections that limit lawsuits against criminal defendants found not guilty. Or perhaps forbidding lawsuits against a concealed carrier found not guilty.

BlueStateSaint
05-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I've said this in threads here and the Cave:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The dead perp played a stupid game, and he won a stupid prize. Are there any questions?

JohnnyJeb
05-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I've said this in threads here and the Cave:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The dead perp played a stupid game, and he won a stupid prize. Are there any questions?Yes....which funeral home do you want to handle the remains?