PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine

patriot45
10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
If the MSM did its job this should be enough to sink the messiah!

Russ I’d like your opinion on why the press is not reporting on Barack’s admitted cocaine use? If this were a republican they would slaughter him for using drugs.”

Why No Extensive Press Coverage of Barack Obama’s Cocaine Use?
Because it isn’t news as in “new” information and because he is the one who divulged it. If it would have come out from someone else, the media would have had a heyday with it. And from what I understand, he actually divluged the information in a book he wrote when he was in his early 30s.

Barack Obama on 60 Minutes
So when Barack Obama was on 60 minutes on Sunday (video) and Steve Kroft says “You inhaled [marijuana].” Mr. Obama simply says “I did.” He also admits to cocaine use and that he thought about using heroine. He goes on. “It’s not something that I’m proud of, but that’s part of the journey that I’ve taken. I like to think that by letting people know the mistakes I’ve made that maybe young people behind me are looking and saying ‘You know what? This is a guy who made mistakes and he was able to write his life and get on track.’ And that’s I think an important message.”

Killing the Controversy
He took all the controversy out of the sails by being upfront and honest. There’s no controversy in admitting that your human, and most politicians do not get this simple concept. Barack Obama does an amazing job of being human and authentic.

JB
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Casey Jones for President.

wilbur
10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P

LibraryLady
10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
why use drugs?

I never felt the need and I was in college from 69-73.

Stupid excuse.

patriot45
10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground; cocaine.
She dont lie, she dont lie, she dont lie; cocaine.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; cocaine.
When your day is done and you wanna run; cocaine.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; cocaine.
Dont forget this fact, you cant get it back; cocaine.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:P

You have got to be kidding.

megimoo
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
If the MSM did its job this should be enough to sink the messiah!
This Kenyan National has been given more passes by the Big news bureaus in this election that it borders on being criminal neglect by the MSM !

If the Conservative candidate or his VP were to even have their shoes untied the press would have it on the front pages and the six o'clock news with banner headlines .

His association with the fraudulent ACORN and Known terrorist Ayers has not been covered by most of the MSM and they refuse to publish any reporting detrimental to their boy !

They are so far into the 'tank' for this Non American Phony it is disgusting .Hasten the day when the MSM and it's allies are forced to declare bankruptcy and are gone for good.

JB
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
You have got to be kidding.Consider the source CS. :rolleyes:

I've seen Bush called BushMcCokeSpoon from my lib friends even though there is no evidence that Bush ever used coke.

Hussein, an admiited coke user, I've seen nothing.

LogansPapa
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
why use drugs?

I never felt the need and I was in college from 69-73.

Me too - same, same. But I always made sure my dates had plenty.:cool:

LibraryLady
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Me too - same, same. But I always made sure my dates had plenty.:cool:

So they could tolerate you?

megimoo
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Willie it may come as a suprise to your drug generation Some of us on this board have never tried smoking pot, forget heavy drugs !

LogansPapa
10-09-2008, 06:30 PM
So they could tolerate you?

Well........yeah. So? :mad:

SarasotaRepub
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM

Personally, I think you're an asshole for saying that but hey! :D

FlaGator
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
You have got to be kidding.

His comment doesn't surprise me at all. There are very few people I know who grew up in the seventies and eighties who didn't try some kind of illicit substance. Cocaine was very popular in the 80's and had become relatively cheap.

10-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not that old, but to my knowledge, no one I know has tried it.

wilbur
10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
His comment doesn't surprise me at all. There are very few people I know who grew up in the seventies and eighties who didn't try some kind of illicit substance. Cocaine was very popular in the 80's and had become relatively cheap.

There were also few people in the 20's that grew up without trying some illicit substance. Just sayin... ;)

ralph wiggum
10-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Should cocaine use disqualify one from public office?

A habitual user, I would say yes. One who tried it a couple of times, I would say no.

There are far more damning things to rip the BarackStar on. This probably won't fly.

LibraryLady
10-10-2008, 12:08 AM
There are far more damning things to rip the BarackStar on.

And the media is happily ignoring them all.

ralph wiggum
10-10-2008, 12:12 AM
And the media is happily ignoring them all.

I know, LL. :(

noonwitch
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Cocaine was everywhere in the 80s, and until the deaths of John Belushi and Len Bias, the "drug experts" were saying it wasn't addictive. It wasn't at my high school so much-I wasn't involved in anything like that in school, and the kids who did drugs smoked weed and took pills that they stole from their parents, or speed that was going around sometimes. It was well-known in Grand Rapids that you could score coke at a bar called Zs, and at a home across from EGR High School. Hell, when I was 19, I got invited to a party sponsored by a couple of professional athletes, one of which was from GR. My parents forbid me to go, because, as my dad put it, "Everyone knows that those parties are all about feeding young girls beer and cocaine and taking advantage of them". There was a girl in my sorority in college that we used to joke about, that her nose was going to fall off one of these days.

I can't do it, I've been prone to nosebleeds since I was a little kid, because of weak blood vessels (there are some good reasons they don't make Tonka trucks out of metal anymore) and I would probably have a stroke if I tried it. At WMU, it was widely used in the greek organizations, and I saw people snorting either coke or crystal meth off the bathroom counter at Coral Gables on several occasions.

patsfan
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Celtics fans...remember Reggie Lewis.

That should be enough to scare anybody thinking of using that poison.

Sonnabend
10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Personally, I have a hard time wondering how anyone can make it through life without trying cocaine at least once. Crazy:PYou are, yes. I have never touched the stuff nor do I ever intend to.

Years ago, I was living in a rooming house, and found out that the guy next door was doing and selling cocaine. I was packed and gone in half a day, phoned the landlord and told him why. He didn't like it...too bad, I was already elsewhere.

The day after, the cops landed, and I had no intention of being anywhere near that little invitation to a five - ten year prison sentence.

I am very proud to say that unlike you, I am not a druggie, and have happily stayed away from any and all illicit substances my entire life.

Unlike you, I am not a liberal and a druggie.

Gingersnap
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I think we are fairly quickly getting to a point where virtually all people who throw their into the political ring will have some experience with recreational drugs and won't find that admitting it is a deal-breaker.

Clinton looked absolutely ludicrous when he went through his "I didn't inhale" routine. The old folks ordering the Early Bird special at Denny's might have bought that but nobody else did. It made him look like a fool.

I think that most drug laws are pointless. I guess there might be some small number of people who never use recreational drugs simply because they are currently illegal but who would instantly become hopeless addicts if they weren't but I bet it isn't many.

Most people who have played around with coke or speed or whatever get over the thrill pretty quickly. Growing up tends make both drug and alcohol experiences less attractive. How many people do you know now who still drink like college sophomores on a Friday night? I don't know any who do. Ditto for people I know who smoked weed in high school or played around with coke during their clubbing phase.

Trying this stuff (if you are so inclined) and then moving past it because you grew up is no shame. Being a 40 or 50-something pill-popper or secret drunk really should be a source of shame. The fact that your drug of choice is legal doesn't make any difference to me.

AmPat
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
This is oddly enough, the one thing I don't fault Uh-Bama's Press Corps for. I also give Uh-Bama leeway on this as he admitted it openly.

My problem with Uh-Bama aside from his ultra left-wing ideology, is he is dishonest in all the other things left unexplored or unanswered. What he has aswered so far has failed to exonerate him. He should do what no liberal has ever done, the honorable thing, and quit the election today. If he truly put Country first instead of his ambition and need for power, he would exit.

patriot45
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
This is oddly enough, the one thing I don't fault Uh-Bama's Press Corps for. I also give Uh-Bama leeway on this as he admitted it openly.

My problem with Uh-Bama aside from his ultra left-wing ideology, is he is dishonest in all the other things left unexplored or unanswered. What he has aswered so far has failed to exonerate him. He should do what no liberal has ever done, the honorable thing, and quit the election today. If he truly put Country first instead of his ambition and need for power, he would exit.

I think my main point in posting this is the free ride he is getting from the MSM. As noted a Rep. would get picked apart ( Sarah) while a marxist uber liberal won't. They still try to drag the president down with no proof of cocaine use yet the O admits to some of his drug abuse and nada!!
The anti American and anti capitalist list of associates for the Messiah grows by the day.
Bob Beckel claims Acorn is just a little group that couldnt plan a 2 car funeral, so thats what the Msm displays, not the rampant fraud!

AmPat
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I think my main point in posting this is the free ride he is getting from the MSM. As noted a Rep. would get picked apart ( Sarah) while a marxist uber liberal won't. They still try to drag the president down with no proof of cocaine use yet the O admits to some of his drug abuse and nada!!
The anti American and anti capitalist list of associates for the Messiah grows by the day.
Bob Beckel claims Acorn is just a little group that couldnt plan a 2 car funeral, so thats what the Msm displays, not the rampant fraud!
Roger, I get it. The media is infuriating when it comes to a standard of fairness in packaging the news. Notice I avoided saying "reporting?" They don't report the facts, they spin the stories in the interest of favorable results for their ideology, and the opposite for their nemesis, Conservatives.

Too bad our public doesn't see this. This is probably because our liberals have a chokehold on the education system and are raising millions of Lemmings devoid of critical thinking skills or logic.:cool:

LogansPapa
10-10-2008, 11:59 AM
The news media went, over night, into the toilet - the moment the news rooms were told they had to generate a profit. A 9 year-old child can easily understand their motivation now.

FlaGator
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not that old, but to my knowledge, no one I know has tried it.

We probably ran with different crowds. I was playing in rock bands and running with a few bikers. Even with that considered I knew a lot of people who were "mainstream" who smoked pot at the very least and all most everyone I knew drank to some degree.

noonwitch
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
You are, yes. I have never touched the stuff nor do I ever intend to.

Years ago, I was living in a rooming house, and found out that the guy next door was doing and selling cocaine. I was packed and gone in half a day, phoned the landlord and told him why. He didn't like it...too bad, I was already elsewhere.

The day after, the cops landed, and I had no intention of being anywhere near that little invitation to a five - ten year prison sentence.

I am very proud to say that unlike you, I am not a druggie, and have happily stayed away from any and all illicit substances my entire life.

Unlike you, I am not a liberal and a druggie.

I've seen the damage cocaine has done to Detroit and it's residents-I was hired in children's services in 1987, at the height of the crack epidemic. I have no desire to ever try it.

Eyelids
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I'll never touch coke, never ever ever ever... I've had friends who have needed a lot of support getting through it and it tore relationship apart. I cant do it to the one's I love after I've seen what it can do.

Speedy
10-10-2008, 02:32 PM

I have never drank. NOt enough to get drunk, anyway. If you total up all the alcohol I have had in the 48 years of my life you come up with maybe six beers. Illegal drugs like Cocaine, Weed, Meth, X, I have never even tried even though I was in prison for selling.

I do not even take cold medicine or asprin.

I have a hard time wondering why anyone would even want to in the first place.

LogansPapa
10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Illegal drugs like Cocaine, Weed, Meth, X, I have never even tried even though I was in prison for selling.

It could happen. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01006/clara-meadmore-105_1006727c.jpg

Speedy
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01006/clara-meadmore-105_1006727c.jpg

Nope. Never. Have no interest or desire and it has never appealed to me and beyond that I feel that everyone who has ever used it is either lacking smarts or lacking heart. I would never see myself like that. My dad was a very heavy drinker when I was growing up. My mom and I went through hell because of it. He was the most awesome man in the world sober, but drunk I sometimes wished him dead. I will never allow anyone to see me the same way. I am sure that there are plenty of people who have a dim view of my, but it is because I am a committed asshole and not because I found solace in a bottle or courage in white powder lines on a mirror.

You do or did drugs, I never have. I am better than you and drugs or alcohol would only diminsh me.

biccat
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM

The second rule is, don't get high on your own supply.

enslaved1
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Coke is too expensive, it should be saved for special occasions

I never touched coke (must be specific there:o), but various friends back in high school and after had bouts with speed, acid, crank, and plenty of pot. I agree completely with Ginger, as time goes on, the number of folks running and in office who have never touched any illicit substances is going to shrink. There is a big difference between what we did when we were dumb kids and what we continue doing as dumb adults. There are much better, more recent reasons why Obama shouldn't be moving someone else's furniture into the White House, let alone his.

However, the issue, as has been stated is not that he did coke as a young person. The issue is the double standard of the media and the libs. If McCain wrote in a book that he had smoked pot while he was in Vietnam, he would be spinning on a spit over an open fire in the MSM. He would probably never made it into the candidacy, not because of the seriousness of the act, but because the media would make him a liability, harping on the pothead republican.

10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
We probably ran with different crowds. I was playing in rock bands and running with a few bikers. Even with that considered I knew a lot of people who were "mainstream" who smoked pot at the very least and all most everyone I knew drank to some degree.

Alcohol was prevalent as was pot and some people I knew tried speed and mescaline etc. I personally don't like losing control so I avoided most all of that.

I did drink though.