PDA

View Full Version : WTF, how can he get away with this?

Bailey
06-01-2014, 07:46 PM
THERE IS A EXPLICIT LAW saying you need to notify congress 30 days in advance before you release anyone from GITMO and why isn't anyone going to impeach this scumbag for it? This man want AWOL and got caught, (I think he went to aid them and is either playing at being a POW or they fooled him)

Adam Wood
06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
THERE IS A EXPLICIT LAW saying you need to notify congress 30 days in advance before you release anyone from GITMOBecause he used a signing statement that, unlike Bush, actually specifically exempted him from the law. I'm sure the DUmp will be up in arms about signing statements any minute now.

Any minute.

Any minute now.

and why isn't anyone going to impeach this scumbag for it?Three words: President Joe Biden.

This man want AWOL and got caught, (I think he went to aid them and is either playing at being a POW or they fooled him)The bolded is looking increasingly likely. At this point, I'm just wondering what his target is when he gets here.

Rockntractor
06-01-2014, 08:07 PM
we elected the enemy

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Lanie
06-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Serious and not rhetorical question.

Why did Obama do something so stupid?

Rockntractor
06-01-2014, 09:22 PM

He is fighting for the other side

SaintLouieWoman
06-01-2014, 09:42 PM
He is fighting for the other side

I never thought we'd ever say this about a president. I used to think some of the emails from the Tea Party are extreme with the constant calls to impeach him. The problem is, there are just too many reasons. He's more than a disgrace, he's a danger.

Apache
06-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Look at the roaring squirrel, (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?62237-Bergdahl-release-arrangement-could-threaten-the-safety-of-Americans-Republicans-say&p=611588#post611588)Lanie...

and know that, because of your beliefs, you have placed a bulls-eye, on your back!

Keep strong in your faith! We are ALL going to need it....

Apache
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
I never thought we'd ever say this about a president. I used to think some of the emails from the Tea Party are extreme with the constant calls to impeach him. The problem is, there are just too many reasons. He's more than a disgrace, he's a danger.
Outside forces are at work here...

Take from the statement, what you want....

America is on a greased slide from hell!

Bailey
06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Because he used a signing statement that, unlike Bush, actually specifically exempted him from the law. I'm sure the DUmp will be up in arms about signing statements any minute now.

Any minute.

Any minute now.

Three words: President Joe Biden.

The bolded is looking increasingly likely. At this point, I'm just wondering what his target is when he gets here.

They are so bold about the signing statement thinking obama did it right this time :( the hypocrisy is amazing

SaintLouieWoman
06-02-2014, 12:24 AM
They are so bold about the signing statement thinking obama did it right this time :( the hypocrisy is amazing
The hypocrisy runs very strong in them. I've been so upset with it that think I need to go back to the doc and get meds for that old acid reflux. It's coming back. They literally are getting me sick.

txradioguy
06-02-2014, 03:48 AM

Because he believes that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

SVPete
06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
My response to the thread title Subject line question? He's got >50 Senators who will prevent prevent his being thrown out of the WH if he is impeached and from other consequences, a large minority in the House who will make impeaching him difficult, and a somewhat smaller minority who are so scared of the Race Card that in concert with the aforementioned D Reps they will prevent his being impeached.

oldcoastie1
06-02-2014, 10:09 AM
My response to the thread title Subject line question? He's got >50 Senators who will prevent prevent his being thrown out of the WH if he is impeached and from other consequences, a large minority in the House who will make impeaching him difficult, and a somewhat smaller minority who are so scared of the Race Card that in concert with the aforementioned D Reps they will prevent his being impeached.

Since being a politician was NEVER meant to be a career, the pols should forget about the worthless RACE CARD accusations and do what they promised when they took office - to support the laws and constitution of the United States of America.

Bailey
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
The son of a bitch has done it again, this prisoner swap has knocked the VA scandal off the front lines.

SaintLouieWoman
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM

That says it all. Plus the other comment of him knocking the VA scandal off the front page---along with Benghazi, IRS, Fast and Furious, etc. Who would have ever thought that a president could get away with this? Watergate was nothing. I don't know how any self-respecting liberal can defend this BS.

SaintLouieWoman
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Since being a politician was NEVER meant to be a career, the pols should forget about the worthless RACE CARD accusations and do what they promised when they took office - to support the laws and constitution of the United States of America.

Never happen with wimpy pols. They're in it for the power--and the money. Constitution, what constitution, what's that? Disgusting. That old race card works every time. :livid: :frown-new:

NJCardFan
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
The worst part of it is that the Republican controlled congress doesn't have the stomach to call him on it.

Lanie
06-02-2014, 05:50 PM
The worst part of it is that the Republican controlled congress doesn't have the stomach to call him on it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/gop-lawmakers-blast-deal-freed-bowe-bergdahl-taliban-n119991

SaintLouieWoman
06-02-2014, 07:35 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/gop-lawmakers-blast-deal-freed-bowe-bergdahl-taliban-n119991

Thanks for posting this, Lanie. It's amazing that NBC would release this story. They probably would not have if the members of the military who served there with him did not speak out.

The most eloquent is the wiidow of one of the brave men killed while searching for him. Funny thing how stuff eventually leaks out.

"It's a slap in the face to people who served and risked their lives," she said.

"They put their lives on the line to put these men in jail and now there's this man [Bergdahl] with questionable character and devotion to the military who has been traded for these criminals."

SarasotaRepub
06-02-2014, 07:46 PM
The son of a bitch has done it again, this prisoner swap has knocked the VA scandal off the front lines.

You got it.

And as much as this POTUS deserves to be impeached, it'll never happen.

Impeach the 1st black president? Ha.

thundley4
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
You got it.

And as much as this POTUS deserves to be impeached, it'll never happen.

Impeach the 1st black president? Ha.

Obama is a perfect example of Black Privilege. He can break multiple laws but is protected from paying the consequences by being black.

Lanie
06-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Obama is a perfect example of Black Privilege. He can break multiple laws but is protected from paying the consequences by being black.

It's more than that. The party doesn't want to admit what their President did. I want to say that this is political suicide, but not really. Unless the media makes a huge deal about this, it won't sink in for voters.

thundley4
06-03-2014, 12:50 AM
It's more than that. The party doesn't want to admit what their President did. I want to say that this is political suicide, but not really. Unless the media makes a huge deal about this, it won't sink in for voters.

Why won't they admit what he did is wrong? Because he's black. Every defense of Obama when criticized is that the opposition is racist.

SVPete
06-03-2014, 12:54 AM

Sad but true! There are limits, but a President willing to brazen out and stonewall a scandal, has at least a substantial and cooperative minority in the US Senate, and has the collusion of the MSM - is likely to survive through the end of his term, even when the scandal is serious and substantial.

WJC had the brazen ..., had an AG willing to stonewall, had a lockstep cooperative large minority in the US Senate (plus a few RINOs!), and had an MSM villifying and lying at WJC's command. WJC survived.

Nixon had a substantial minority in the Senate, but many were more honest than partisan. And the MSM were partisanly hostile, generally, and loathed Nixon particularly. Nixon did not survive.

BHO is brazen, Holder will stonewall aggressively, and the D-controlled Senate will hold firm. What may be/become less solid is the MSM. They loathe the Rs, but BHO has treated his MSM supporters rather badly, and his scandals and thinner-than-tissue cover-up lies have been piling up. Will brazen ..., a stonewalling AG, and a steadfast Senate suffice to keep BHO in office to January, 2017? Much as I'd like to be wrong, I think so.

How that will affect the composition of Congress and the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election is another question altogether. The Rs are having a huge, multi-election opportunity handed to them. Whether they will grasp it or shoot their feet off ...

Elspeth
06-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Obama’s illegal, and highly questionable, Afghanistan prisoner exchange
http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/02/obamas-illegal-and-highly-questionable-afghanistan-prisoner-exchange/

The first thing to know about President Obama’s exchange of five extremely dangerous prisoners from Guantanamo Bay for captive Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl is also the least important fact in the lawless reign of Barack Obama: it was blatantly illegal. So blatant, in fact, that even the Obama White House cheerfully admits it was a violation of the law, without even bothering to offer a little spin or legal static...

Lawmakers were not notified of the Guantanamo detainees’ transfer until after it occurred.

The law requires the defense secretary to notify relevant congressional committees at least 30 days before making any transfers of prisoners, to explain the reason and to provide assurances that those released would not be in a position to reengage in activities that could threaten the United States or its interests.

Before the current law was enacted at the end of last year, the conditions were even more stringent. However, the administration and some Democrats had pressed for them to be loosened, in part to give them more flexibility to negotiate for Bergdahl’s release.

A senior administration official, agreeing to speak on the condition of anonymity to explain the timing of the congressional notification, acknowledged that the law was not followed. When he signed the law last year, Obama issued a signing statement contending that the notification requirement was an unconstitutional infringement on his powers as commander in chief and that he therefore could override it.

“Due to a near-term opportunity to save Sergeant Bergdahl’s life, we moved as quickly as possible,” the official said. “The administration determined that given these unique and exigent circumstances, such a transfer should go forward notwithstanding the notice requirement.”

This is, of course, absolute and total nonsense. Absolutely nothing about this deal’s timing prevented the White House from obeying the law. Negotiations have been in progress since 2012. The White House simply chose to ignore the law, because King Barack I does not “obey” laws – obedience is for the Little People. Following this particular law would have allowed Republicans to ask tough questions about the deal, and we couldn’t have that. King Barack will occasionally talk about how much he loves and respects the law, but when push comes to shove, he does what he wants, and dares what remains of the dying American constitutional order to stop him.

He knows nobody is going to stop him – he won’t be impeached for ignoring the legal requirements detailed above, and won’t even be criticized in particularly strong terms for his lawbreaking. Obama’s setting a media bear trap for Republicans, knowing full well that his good friends in the media cannot wait to write the umpteenth version of their favorite narrative of the past six years, Republican Overreach. We’ll be told that the only possible reactions to this story are uncritical applause for everything the Administration did to secure Bergdahl’s release… or wishing that he’d been left in Afghanistan to rot. Either you give President Obama a standing ovation, or you hate the troops.

Obama’s legion of Pajama Boys are dying to rush into Mom’s basement, fire up their blogging software, and excoriate Republicans as treasonous hypocrites for daring to push back on a deal that brought an American soldier home. If said Republicans actually proposed to do something about it, every story currently killing Democrats in the polls would be swept from the front pages at a stroke. ”REPUBLICANS SEEK TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT FOR DEAL THAT BROUGHT AMERICAN SOLDIER HOME AFTER FIVE YEARS IN CAPTIVITY.”

A White House official gave the New York Post a taste of how badly they want to see that headline, responding to questions about the strange circumstances of Sgt. Bergdahl’s capture by snarling, “Frankly, we don’t give a s**t why he left [his post]. He’s an American soldier. We want to bring him home.” They’re salivating at the thought of their political opponents giving this incompetent, self-absorbed Administration a chance to act like it’s packed with two-fisted super-patriots.

But there are indeed questions to be asked about Sgt. Bergdahl’s capture, as the New York Post explains...

txradioguy
06-03-2014, 05:10 AM

Lanie they won't say anything because they don't disagree with what he did.

The media won't make a huge deal out o fit because they aren't in the business of honest journalism anymore...they are in the business of furthering an agenda for one particular political party and doing whatever it takes to cover up anything that makes said political party look bad.